Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > mathed
Conversation Between mathed and ShoulderRoll
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 22
  1. mathed
    06-03-2014 12:44 AM
    mathed
    That's what really gets me when people complain about racism and biasing and stuff like that. There has really been no group of peoples to suffer more than the Native American, at least in America. Sure, other groups have suffered travesties but the Native Americans, the indigenous people to the land, were decimated to the point of near extinction. It truly is sad and they are the people that treated the land with the most respect, no waste, no pollution.

I have never been to an Indian reservation so I am far, far removed from that culture but I still admire their respect for nature and mother earth. Some people call me a tree-hugger of sorts but you only get one planet and once it is gone, that's it, the buck stops here.

Crazy Horse was one of several famous Lakota, among them were the infamous Sitting Bull and Red Cloud. Indian culture is pretty interesting and very diverse from the bit that I have read about it.
  2. ShoulderRoll
    06-03-2014 12:00 AM
    ShoulderRoll
    That's pretty cool. Respect.

I don't have Indian blood but when I was a kid Crazy Horse was one of my heros. I read everything I could about him and even tried to go on a vision quest so I could find my animal guide and power symbols. Lol

He got the shaft when they killed him. The guy left the rez without permission in order to take his sick wife to her parents. When he turned himself in to clear everything up they tried to lock him up instead, so he fought back and that's when they stabbed him in the back with a bayonet. Still pisses me off to this day.
  3. mathed
    05-31-2014 08:36 AM
    mathed
    Oh, yeah my great-great grandmother on my dad's side was 100% Lakota Indian so I thought I would pay a little tribute to my heritage by sporting it in my avi. I like the 7 tribes logo (the 7 tents in the circle) but I had a hard time finding one without the reservation wording on it. She married my great-great grandfather who was an immigrant from Germany around that time.

I'm only like 1/32nd Lakota or there abouts, maybe a little more but everyone on my dad's side of the family has dark skin, brown eyes and brown hair.
  4. ShoulderRoll
    05-31-2014 12:08 AM
    ShoulderRoll
    What's up with your new Pine Ridge avi? Any particular significance?
  5. mathed
    03-17-2013 04:57 PM
    mathed
    Yeah, I think he will be fine, he was coherent and aware of what took place right after the fight. He doesn't normally eat punches like that so he isn't shop worn but he needs to keep his weight down in between fights and do what he does best, box, not slug it out.

It's all because of the Pac fight stuff and the media and he does visit this site and reads the stuff people say about him believe it or not. He has an ego and wants to be liked by the public and people said he ran from Pac so he wanted to come in to this fight and not run. I think he should actually take a fight against an easy opponent next to further work on shaking off the rust and not take time off again. He'll be fine just like Pac would be fine to fight again but he needs to play to his strengths and listen to his trainer.
  6. ShoulderRoll
    03-17-2013 04:20 PM
    ShoulderRoll
    Damn, Bradley took a beating last night. Talking about concussions and what not. Do you think he'll ever be the same?
  7. mathed
    10-15-2012 08:16 PM
    mathed
    Winning the Super 6 is a good accomplishment but when you break that in itself down, you see how it wasn't quite what people are making it out to be.

1. He fought almost every fight at home and was the only person to not have to go to the other man's back yard. No, it didn't give him a direct advantage but had it come down to a close SD type of fight, you better bet Ward would get the nod - it was a precautionary measure put in place.

2. Some of the wins came against guys that weren't even in the tourney to begin with. Allan Green and Sakio Bika? I mean a win is a win but you can't tell me that by beating those guys, you are in the running for P4P status.
  8. mathed
    10-15-2012 08:16 PM
    mathed
    3. Every single person he beat already had a loss on their record coming into the fight with him. I toss that out there because he never took a prime undefeated man's perfect record away. When a person is undefeated, they fight on another level because they have never tasted defeat.

4. Chad Dawson was clearly weakened by fighting at 168. I know he invited Ward to accept that weight but it turns out that Ward would not budge on the weight issue at all, not even a compromise. That is fine but it does little in terms of making an argument for him being the best fighter in the world. Had he moved up to 175 and beat Dawson, then I'd be singing a completely different tune.
  9. mathed
    10-15-2012 08:15 PM
    mathed
    I hate to sound so down on the guy but it comes off that way because of the degree to which the masses want to claim he is the best in the world. The Froch win was his best victory, I'll give him that. But when you consider the other fighters who have proven their skills in several different weight classes, fought all over the world, taken titles from champions in their own backyards, etc., I just can't put him over those guys. Is he a top 10 P4P fighter? I'll give him that but to say he has done more than Floyd or Pac has is a gross injustice to their accomplishments.
  10. ShoulderRoll
    10-15-2012 03:27 AM
    ShoulderRoll
    How are you going to say that Ward hasn't done anything, bro? Winning the Super 6 and defending his belt against Chad Dawson aren't exactly chopped liver.

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.