Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > andrewcuff
Conversation Between andrewcuff and Spacey1991
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 21
  1. andrewcuff
    12-23-2009 07:20 PM
    andrewcuff
    The accusations are coming from within Team Mayweather, which makes the drugs test affair seem a little seedy.

Their team is to blame because they had already agreed on the usual drugs testing procedures until this recent development. Floyd is asking for something out of the ordinary here don't forget.

The disadvantage comes from having blood withdrawn. Manny feels it weakens him. Olympic style testing is completely unnecessary. The compromise Roach has offered (apparently) should be more than adequate. If Team Mayweather are still unhappy then it's a straight up duck! You can't expect fighters to be woken up at 4am or disrupted 48 hours before the fight for blood tests. Once a week/fornight is more than ample.

Yeah, not bad. Nice to have some time off for Xmas!
  2. Spacey1991
    12-23-2009 07:08 PM
    Spacey1991
    There should be demands for the tests since all the accusations are going on. Seriously you can't go against Floyd on this I am sick of seeing people blame Floyd when he is not to blame, period.

Roach says a lot of ****, the articles say Manny isn't happy with the blood being withdrawn within 30 days before the fight. Why would he be put at a dissadvantage mentally, he has nothing to hide right?

I'm good mate, computer ****ing up a little though, what about you?
  3. andrewcuff
    12-23-2009 06:41 PM
    andrewcuff
    Gotta disagree with that!

The disadvantage is down to the fighter. As Roach put it, if a fighter mentally feels weak, the weak he will be. If Manny is not comfortable with giving blood 48hours before the fight (pathetic), then he should not have to give it. Roach has made an offer where blood is given the week before the fight. Team Mayweather should accept his compromise as it is reasonable and will put any lingering (there shouldn't be any IMO) doubt to bed.

The point which annoys me is that everyone is acting as if more extensive tests are required as it's such a big fight - but there have been plenty of big fights before, without such demands. Did May ask Chico, Castillo, De La Hoya or Hatton for such tests? No. Since there is not a shred of evidence that Pacman is juicing there should not be any such demands for this fight either.

One final point- I thought they'd previously agreed the testing regime? Why the recent change of heart?

Rant over (!), hows things fella?
  4. Spacey1991
    12-23-2009 04:59 PM
    Spacey1991
    I don't think Manny is on steroids, but if he has nothing to hide he will take the tests, period... Floyd is willing to take them, so why isn't Manny? Floyd will be given the same "dissadvantage" (even though it isn't one.

I think some steroids don't come up on the drugs tets, so maybe they want Olymppic style ones were they take blood and urines because they are better anf more efficient or something. Whichever way you look at it Manny shouldn't have a problem with it cause Floyd will be doing the exact same thing.
  5. andrewcuff
    12-23-2009 03:28 PM
    andrewcuff
    What is wrong with the tests they already agreed to though?

They included both urine and blood tests. Seems strange why they suddenly aren't adequate. Other fighters don't seem to have a problem with them.
  6. Spacey1991
    12-23-2009 01:40 PM
    Spacey1991
    I completely dissagree, Floyd will be having the same tests, period. He will be given the same "disadvantage" cause he will have blood withdrawn too. Besides I doubt they will take much blood anyway. But you are right in ne aspect I don't think he is on steroids.
  7. andrewcuff
    12-23-2009 01:05 PM
    andrewcuff
    What's your take on the whole drugs test BS?

Personally, I think it is ludicrous as there is no evidence against Manny. The "random" nature of the tests could easily disrupt a training regime. Disgraceful tactics!
  8. Spacey1991
    07-29-2009 10:44 PM
    Spacey1991
    I am great thanks mate, yourself?

Boxing is going alright, and finished college for the year now I gotta go back in September for my last year then.

Cool, you enjoying it over there? I bet the weather is better than it is over in the UK...

That sounds good, if its what you wanna do then you might as well go for it... like you said you gotta be fit to go in the Marines so at least all the training is going towards something for your fitness.
  9. andrewcuff
    07-18-2009 02:49 AM
    andrewcuff
    Yeah pretty good mate, thanks for asking. How are you? I don't have the time to post on here any more, my job is too time consuming, plus I've been posted to the US for the summer so I'm trying to live the dream in my spare time LOL.

How is you boxing going? And how is the education as well? Don't forget that! I still box now and then, but don't have too much time here in the US for sparring. I'm applying for the Royal Marines Reserves when I return to the UK though, so I'm still training for something at least!

Take care mate.
  10. Spacey1991
    07-14-2009 01:38 PM
    Spacey1991
    Hows it going? Not seen you post on here in a while?

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.