kiaba360
Undisputed Champion
Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts  18814
Last Activity: Today, 05:34 PM
  • Time
  • Show
  • Source
Clear All

• I think Ennis will put himself in optimal position to get TC if he gets his hands on that IBF 154lb title. However, I think Ennis should attempt to become Undisputed at 147 because it's within reach. Ennis has a choice to make on which path to prioritize....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• If Benn was staying at 154, then sure. But Benn seems to be working down to 147. Also, it makes more sense for Ennis to get Garcia....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hearn probably bid so high as a gesture of good will. This isn't the first time MR out-bid one of the other big promoters for what was a mandatory title defense. Remember Kambosos/Lopez? That was a pandemic bout where MR didn't even have a horse in the race. At least bidding high on Ennis/Crowley makes...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Crowley would be getting $214k for Cissokho and $585k for Ennis. Both fights are in hostile territory, but at least the Ennis bout is for the full title.

LAchargers373, TGB promotions bid $2M....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 140 is definitely in his future, especially when you take into consideration MR's 140lb stable. Hopefully the goal is to get a title at 135, but I'm not sure how he gets there because there's several contenders ahead of him. I'd like to see Cruz vs. De Los Santos....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• His 4th actually. I wish Cruz was a bit more active, but I also like the opponent selections so far....
    See more | Go to post
    El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Leave a comment:

• Fantastic match-up! Turki is clearly trying to make a statement with his first North American event.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• https://www.badlefthook.com/2024/4/2...xing-news-2024

That is BIG money for Ennis, and Crowley would be earning more than double what he'd make against Cissokho.

Judging by that Crawford/Madrimov card, I think the Crowley fight will go through. It's time for PBC to start playing...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by kiaba360; Yesterday, 01:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mexican-American, former 140lber, former Davis opponent, no outstanding speed/power, and appears like a favorable style match-up. Barrios would definitely rather face Garcia than Ennis or Stanionis. I see Ennis/Stanionis happening before year's end, while Barrios does something else....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by kiaba360; Yesterday, 01:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ...after what Santillan did to Rocha, I think GBP will be hesitant to give him another call.

Barboza didn't look great in his last bout. He's physically strong, but not fast or a big puncher. Sounds like an opponent GBP would choose....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by kiaba360; Yesterday, 12:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• I'm pretty sure Santillan is with TR. Maybe Barbosa or Ramirez.

I hate to be cynical, but I think we know what to expect. GBP is going to do the same thing they've been doing with Munguia and Vergil (post-147): careful and calculated matchmaking to keep the gravy train going as long as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I was thinking the same thing....just the other way around. Martinez will be a year inactive by the time he faces Ioka....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Please let Barroso get his title shot, assuming Cruz is staying at 140 to defend his title.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by kiaba360; Yesterday, 09:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• It's not like fans are known for being even-keeled, especially right after a fight where adrenaline and emotions are running high. It's a combination of people who hate Haney's style, and others who were hoping for him to suffer some comeuppance for the Loma decision. As I said after the Loma fight,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ideally, Teofimo at 140.
    More realistically, Barrios at 147.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I think Garcia could've done a better job anticipating Haney's clinches and trying to catch him in between. There are some fighters who make it difficult to clinch during the KO moment, and I count that as a skill that complements a boxer's killer instinct. Garcia has so much potential, but he seemingly...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by kiaba360; 04-21-2024, 03:28 AM.
    eco1 eco1 likes this.

Leave a comment:

• I normally have a fight on mute, so I didn't hear the corner interactions. Very few fighters have the attributes to be effective at multiple styles. Even-though a potential tactic would be to try and smother Garcia's power, Haney doesn't have the power/stamina/size to be a pressure fighter. He doesn't...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I had the sound off. Was it the first KD that was long?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Haney said he wanted to show his arsenal, but tonight was the time to keep everything simple and compact. He finally needs to accept that he's not a puncher, because throwing leaping lead left hooks against someone with power/speed is suicidal.

I think Linares exposed his chin a long time...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by kiaba360; 04-21-2024, 03:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• There are several fighters at 140lb who can punch, so it's not like Haney will be able to avoid it forever. Call me crazy, but I don't expect him to avoid punchers. He was excessively holding while he was hurt, but as soon as his head would clear, he would try to apply front-foot pressure and would...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by kiaba360; 04-21-2024, 02:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

No activity results to display
Show More
Working...
X