Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Pleads With Horn To Forget Crawford, Fight Mundine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trainer Pleads With Horn To Forget Crawford, Fight Mundine

Hall of Famer Johnny Lewis, who is regarded as Australia's most successful boxing trainer is practically pleading with WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn to forget about a mandatory fight with Terence Crawford next April in Las Vegas. Lewis, who guided Jeff Fenech , Kostya Tszyu and many others to multiple world championships, would rather see Horn move up to junior middleweight to take on Anthony Mundine in what would be a major fight in Australia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Agreed 100%. I have no interest in watching Horn vs Crawford anyway. Crawford has spent his entire career collecting paper titles, what is one more? I don't care how many divisions he does it in, paper titles are paper titles. Horn should go to 154 where he's comfortable, and Crawford should fight guys who are more equal to his size and ability at 147 and 154 as well. Crawford weighed 160 in the ring when he fought at 140, which means he probably walks around at 170. He should fight the best guys at 147 for now, not Horn, and if there aren't any fights for him at 147 because the division is so overrated outside of Spence, the only other A-level guy in the division, then he should look to fight Kell Brook at 154, or something like that, because Crawford is just as big as him. Crawford is a big welterweight which is why it's so crazy he has been fighting at 135 and 140.

But yeah, Horn doesn't have the speed OR power that Crawford does, and he struggles to make 147 even though he's no bigger than Crawford, who has been able to make 140 up until now, which is very strange. It seems like Crawford has better sports scientists on his side too, as if far superior speed and power weren't enough of an advantage already.

I mean, it sucks the division is so shallow, but there really aren't that many interesting opponents for Crawford. It's either Spence, Thurman, or maybe Porter just because of Porter's style and his ability to take a shot. Otherwise, there's nothing that's interesting. DSG already got schooled by Herrera, a poor man's Crawford. He can't fight that style. So who else is there? I guess if Floyd came back, but Floyd is a hypejob who always ducked prime athletic skilled boxers for a reason, and Crawford dominate him as a result, so even that is not a good fight. I just want them to make good matchups, and Crawford-Horn is not one.

Comment

One fight I would like to see much more than Crawford-Horn is Crawford vs Prograis. Crawford has more skill and better defense, but styles make fights, and Prograis can do a little bit of what Gamboa did early vs Crawford, just with more size (not as much as Crawford, but more than Gamboa) and more power. That is a good fight. Crawford just made 140, so the fight could be at 140 again, or at a catchweight above 140 for Horn's vacant title. Crawford vs Prograis at say 143 pounds for the vacant welterweight title would be a much better matchup.

Comment

Australia taking over the fight game, they ain't laughing now. Just like that, Australia's favourite son comes in and dethrones one of the best fighters of the last couple decades, securing his position as the #1 p4p active fighter today.

Onya Jeff, early days mate, still plenty more asses to be whooped!

Comment

Horn mundine would also be ppv in australia. They buy anything

Top rank wont let horn not fight crawford next

Crawford ko within 8 to body

Special fighter

top 2 p4p. My number 1

Comment

Why am I not suprised

Horns wack and got gifted a strap and would lose to any top 10 WW

Fighting a 65th ranked fighter for his first defence was a joke and looking for fighters like Malignaggi to fight shows that his team Know exactly what they have

A white C+ fighter at best that could generate some coin in Australia and will get beat down by any decent WW no wonder they'd rather fight Mundine then Bud

His next best win besides the gift is a 40+ Randall Bailey yet he's ranked on Boxrecs ( who's rankings are quickly becoming dog sh.it and unreliable ) P4P and ahead of Spence, Porter , Garcia in their WW Rankings and a Sh.it load of other notable WW that would beat Horn like he stole something from them
            Last edited by R_Walken; 12-17-2017, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Big mouth Mundine would be an easy fight for Horn whilst Crawford will kill him.

Comment

Horn? Who's he?

Comment

All these phonies mad that a big, veiny cawwwk Australian is p4p #1. Can't handle all this truth at once.

Onya Jeff! Get 'em!!

Comment

He can make his money against Mundone, I don’t blame him at all. Even though Crawford is his mandatory he isn’t obligated to fight him next but if he wants to be the best at 147 then he needs those names at 147.
                    Last edited by Ray*; 12-17-2017, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X