Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Prez: Canelo Can Improve, Golovkin Can't Get Better!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Prez: Canelo Can Improve, Golovkin Can't Get Better!

Golden Boy Promotions President Eric Gomez said that the most important thing for Canelo Alvarez's team right now is to make the rematch against Gennady Golovkin. Last Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Canelo and Golovkin fought to a controversial twelve round draw. The focus by both teams - is now a May 2018 rematch. Canelo (49-1-2, 34 KOs) has the ability to exercise a rematch clause against Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs), who holds the WBC, IBO, IBF, WBA middleweight world titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Being that ggg won the first one if Canella does improve and wins the second we have a trilogy on our hands. Don't be so sure ggg cannot correct and improve minor things he did win 8/4 a little body work and maybe landing 75 more instead of 50 he can win again

Comment

And if ggg outjabs him by anymore cuts can happen he outjabbed him silly last time maybe Canella will fight more than 30 seconds a round

Comment

But you have heard by many many a expert ggg was robbed right I have names of experts fighters trainers all say ggg was robbed and was a good not great fight one guy did most of fighting

Comment

i agree. canelo held back whereas 3g went all out.

Comment

Then let me be the first. The fight was a huge letdown. It was May-Pac all over again, just with two entertaining styles instead of one to make the money grab more entertaining, but not that much more. Floyd waited until Pacquiao was 36, Team Canelo waited until GGG was 35, and will be 36 for the rematch. Same exact thing.

Boxing does it again, taking what could have been an iconic, classic fight with multiple knockdowns and probably a dramatic ending, to a forgettable fight with very few exchanges, no knockdowns, not even any fighters really staggering, and very disappointing outcome. Instead of casual fans talking about what a classic fight this was, and how amazing boxing is, to grow the sport, they are talking about how the fight was marinated and the judges were paid off all to ensure Canelo won, and that the sport is still extremely corrupt, and that fights never live up to the hype because they are made too late.

I bought the fight and I was extremely disappointed with my purchase. I'm still upset about how I looked forward to top guys fighting prime GGG for years only for it never to happen outside of Stevens, Rosado, Murray, and Lemieux, who are underrated, but I was looking forward to much more than that. Top opponents at 160 during his prime, then at 168 and maybe even 175. Instead I paid my money last saturday only to watch my worries about the fight get confirmed, and to realize that fans never even got to see one top opponent vs prime GGG at 160 in his career, let alone 168 and 175, and unless they correct GGG's training somehow to recapture his prime, we never will.

Canelo-GGG will be remembered as the fight that officially stamped GGG's career, boxing wise, as possibly the most wasted potential, and the biggest tease of a career, that we've seen in modern boxing history. It will be remembered as just another overmarinated, underwhelming fight, where money, and protecting the house fighter, was prioritized over the sport, over what was fair, over the quality of the fight, and over the fans.

Was the fight at least suspenseful, and closely contested? Yes, just like Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn was, but that doesn't mean Pacquiao isn't past his prime. He is. Or should we put Jeff Horn on the pound-for-pound list now? Canelo vs old GGG had more in common with Pacquiao-Horn than it did with Hagler-Hearns, and that's a damn shame, and a direct result of waiting until GGG got old before making the fight. The same mistake boxing made with Mayweather-Pacquiao, it just repeated again. Wasn't it Max Kellerman who said this fight was happening at the "perfect time"? What a crock of ****. Perfect for HBO to protect their cash cow, Canelo, and for Max to justify and push his anti-pressure-fighter bias on everyone, but for the sport, and for the fans, the fight could not have come at a worse time, outside of waiting even longer, like until next May! Oh wait, that's exactly the plan for the rematch LOL.

**** boxing. I wish I never started watching it. My friends have been asking me more about the sport lately because ESPN has been talking about Mayweather-Mcgregor and Canelo-GGG so much this year, and I always tell them the sport is not only more corrupt than ever, but it's worse than ever because at least in the past you got the good, prime fights first, and then the corruption came in the decisions but they couldn't take away the great meaningful fights that happened before hand. But now, you dont just get corrupt decisions, you also don't even get the great, meaningful, prime fights before hand.

So that's the truth. There are lots of media people who make their money pushing boxing, and posting Canelo-GGG videos and articles, so they are going to spin this. Plus, a lot of them are friends with, or want access to, Oscar, BHop, Tom Loeffler, and so on. So, they will spin this better than Mayweather-Pacquiao, because many of them don't like Mayweather so they were willing to tell the truth about that. But this was more of the same ****, just with better styles, but otherwise it was the same ****. In fact GGG looked more declined at 35 than Pacquiao did vs Mayweather, possibly because GGG may have been ruined by overtraining and sleeping in high altitude, whereas Pacquiao actually has had strength and conditioning coaches who know what they're doing.

So please guys, do not defend this ****. Boxing ruined another big matchup. Every single one, they ruin. Mayweather-Pacquiao with overmarination. Kovalev-Ward with corrupt refs and judges. Canelo-GGG with overmarination. Gamboa-JuanMa with overmarination. Heck even Chocolatito-Inoue with overmarination. Why wasn't that fight made right after Cuadras? Kovalev-Stevenson ruined with ducking and overmarination. Kovalev-Beterbiev ruined with overmarination. GGG-Martinez ruined with overmarination. Donaire-Rigondeaux arguably happened too late, although at least there it wouldn't have mattered. Floyd-Canelo ruined with weight draining. Floyd-Mosley ruined with overmarination. Floyd-Cotto ruined with overmarination. Oscar-Whitaker ruined with overmarination. Pacquiao-Cotto and Pacquiao-Margarito potentially ruined with weight draining, although I suspect Pacquiao-Cotto at least would have looked the same, and Pacquiao was so much smaller than those guys that maybe it was only fair they had to sacrifice too. I don't know, but boxing just keeps ruining all its best fights over and over and over again. Wilder-Ortiz is happening years too late as well, so expect that one to underwhelm once it happens too. The only one in recent memory that boxing didn't overmarinate was Joshua-Klitschko, and that's because they made it at the earliest opportunity, out of the blue, and didn't wait an extra minute.

But by and large, boxing is cutting itself down at the knees by waiting for all its best products to spoil before selling them to customers. And then people wonder why those consumers don't come back to shop at that store? Are you ****ing kidding me? When will boxing learn???? Such a disappointing fight! And in GGG's case, his fault or not, what a disappointing career, given how talented he was! I don't care about "title defense records," I care about quality opponents. The only quantity that matters is the quantity of fights against quality opponents. **** boxing!!! Stop defending this ****, people! That goes for the media as well. Stop being sellouts, please! The fans need you to speak on their behalf, not defend this!
            Last edited by Boxing Logic; 09-21-2017, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
              Being that ggg won the first one if Canella does improve and wins the second we have a trilogy on our hands. Don't be so sure ggg cannot correct and improve minor things he did win 8/4 a little body work and maybe landing 75 more instead of 50 he can win again
              GGG didn't won. He tied.

It was a great fight for the era we live in where the most hyped fights end up being terrible, that's it, we move on. Stop being childish in every single thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                Then let me be the first. The fight was a huge letdown. It was May-Pac all over again, just with two entertaining styles instead of one to make the money grab more entertaining, but not that much more. Floyd waited until Pacquiao was 36, Team Canelo waited until GGG was 35, and will be 36 for the rematch. Same exact thing.

Boxing does it again, taking what could have been an iconic, classic fight with multiple knockdowns and probably a dramatic ending, to a forgettable fight with very few exchanges, no knockdowns, not even any fighters really staggering, and very disappointing outcome. Instead of casual fans talking about what a classic fight this was, and how amazing boxing is, to grow the sport, they are talking about how the fight was marinated and the judges were paid off all to ensure Canelo won, and that the sport is still extremely corrupt, and that fights never live up to the hype because they are made too late.

I bought the fight and I was extremely disappointed with my purchase. I'm still upset about how I looked forward to top guys fighting prime GGG for years only for it never to happen outside of Stevens, Rosado, Murray, and Lemieux, who are underrated, but I was looking forward to much more than that. Top opponents at 160 during his prime, then at 168 and maybe even 175. Instead I paid my money last saturday only to watch my worries about the fight get confirmed, and to realize that fans never even got to see one top opponent vs prime GGG at 160 in his career, let alone 168 and 175, and unless they correct GGG's training somehow to recapture his prime, we never will.

Canelo-GGG will be remembered as the fight that officially stamped GGG's career, boxing wise, as possibly the most wasted potential, and the biggest tease of a career, that we've seen in modern boxing history. It will be remembered as just another overmarinated, underwhelming fight, where money, and protecting the house fighter, was prioritized over the sport, over what was fair, over the quality of the fight, and over the fans.

Was the fight at least suspenseful, and closely contested? Yes, just like Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn was, but that doesn't mean Pacquiao isn't past his prime. He is. Or should we put Jeff Horn on the pound-for-pound list now? Canelo vs old GGG had more in common with Pacquiao-Horn than it did with Hagler-Hearns, and that's a damn shame, and a direct result of waiting until GGG got old before making the fight. The same mistake boxing made with Mayweather-Pacquiao, it just repeated again. Wasn't it Max Kellerman who said this fight was happening at the "perfect time"? What a crock of ****. Perfect for HBO to protect their cash cow, Canelo, and for Max to justify and push his anti-pressure-fighter bias on everyone, but for the sport, and for the fans, the fight could not have come at a worse time, outside of waiting even longer, like until next May! Oh wait, that's exactly the plan for the rematch LOL.

**** boxing. I wish I never started watching it. My friends have been asking me more about the sport lately because ESPN has been talking about Mayweather-Mcgregor and Canelo-GGG so much this year, and I always tell them the sport is not only more corrupt than ever, but it's worse than ever because at least in the past you got the good, prime fights first, and then the corruption came in the decisions but they couldn't take away the great meaningful fights that happened before hand. But now, you dont just get corrupt decisions, you also don't even get the great, meaningful, prime fights before hand.

So that's the truth. There are lots of media people who make their money pushing boxing, and posting Canelo-GGG videos and articles, so they are going to spin this. Plus, a lot of them are friends with, or want access to, Oscar, BHop, Tom Loeffler, and so on. So, they will spin this better than Mayweather-Pacquiao, because many of them don't like Mayweather so they were willing to tell the truth about that. But this was more of the same ****, just with better styles, but otherwise it was the same ****. In fact GGG looked more declined at 35 than Pacquiao did vs Mayweather, possibly because GGG may have been ruined by overtraining and sleeping in high altitude, whereas Pacquiao actually has had strength and conditioning coaches who know what they're doing.

So please guys, do not defend this ****. Boxing ruined another big matchup. Every single one, they ruin. Mayweather-Pacquiao with overmarination. Kovalev-Ward with corrupt refs and judges. Canelo-GGG with overmarination. Gamboa-JuanMa with overmarination. Heck even Chocolatito-Inoue with overmarination. Why wasn't that fight made right after Cuadras? Kovalev-Stevenson ruined with ducking and overmarination. Kovalev-Beterbiev ruined with overmarination. GGG-Martinez ruined with overmarination. Donaire-Rigondeaux arguably happened too late, although at least there it wouldn't have mattered. Floyd-Canelo ruined with weight draining. Floyd-Mosley ruined with overmarination. Floyd-Cotto ruined with overmarination. Oscar-Whitaker ruined with overmarination. Pacquiao-Cotto and Pacquiao-Margarito potentially ruined with weight draining, although I suspect Pacquiao-Cotto at least would have looked the same, and Pacquiao was so much smaller than those guys that maybe it was only fair they had to sacrifice too. I don't know, but boxing just keeps ruining all its best fights over and over and over again. Wilder-Ortiz is happening years too late as well, so expect that one to underwhelm once it happens too. The only one in recent memory that boxing didn't overmarinate was Joshua-Klitschko, and that's because they made it at the earliest opportunity, out of the blue, and didn't wait an extra minute.

But by and large, boxing is cutting itself down at the knees by waiting for all its best products to spoil before selling them to customers. And then people wonder why those consumers don't come back to shop at that store? Are you ****ing kidding me? When will boxing learn???? Such a disappointing fight! And in GGG's case, his fault or not, what a disappointing career, given how talented he was! I don't care about "title defense records," I care about quality opponents. The only quantity that matters is the quantity of fights against quality opponents. **** boxing!!! Stop defending this ****, people! That goes for the media as well. Stop being sellouts, please! The fans need you to speak on their behalf, not defend this!
                If these are really your thoughts i strongly suggest you to stop watching the fights, stop spending so much money on the PPV's.

I've never spent money on PPV's, all the PPV fights air live on mexican television for free. But like you, i'd feel cheated if i paid 100 bucks for a hyped up fight that ended up being dissapointing. (IMO the Nelo-GGG was a pretty good fight).

It seems boxing just brings out a lot of negative thoughts on you, so i'd just stop watching it altogether.

Comment

You talked too much.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X