Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Wants Murata to Face Saunders Next, Fight at MSG One Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Wants Murata to Face Saunders Next, Fight at MSG One Day

By Keith Idec - NEW YORK Bob Arum came to Madison Square Garden on Thursday to promote Terence Crawford's debut in the big building. Halfway around the world, a press conference took place earlier Thursday to promote a middleweight title fight in which Arum has significant interest. If the primary participant in that gathering in Tokyo, Ryota Murata, makes good on his own championship promise Saturday, the Hall-of-Fame promoter can envision a day when the Japanese star could headline a show of his own at The Garden...
    [Click Here To Read More]

WBO fake champ in fact the WBO & IBF weaking boxing enough to have champ like this. plus WBA regular champ bull

Comment

If Murata can get the better of N'Dam and Saunders beats Khurtsidze, sure, why not? Thing is I'm far from sure both of them will. N'Dam seems to have been written off by many after the Lemieux and Quillin losses but many seem to disregard the fact that he was outboxing both for much of the fight - for my money he's one of the best boxers in the division cept the dude relies too much on movement instead of proper defensive technique... N'Dam is actually a huge step up in class for Murata and I ain't convinced Ryota has the power to equalise it if he finds himself in a hole.

Saunders should be able to outclass the relatively limited diminutive Georgian buzzsaw, but there's huge questionmarks over the kind of shape BJS will come to the ring in. His stamina's always been a little iffy, and if there's one thing you can say about Khurtsidze it's that the little fucker will just keep coming and keep throwing. If Saunders starts to fade or lose focus in the later rounds this **** could get real bad for him.

Agreed though that the winners of the two bouts - whoever they are - should square off. Whoever comes out on top of that would have a claim to be at least a worthy contender at 160.

Comment

Murata won't win a round against N'Dam, what would Saunders fight him for?

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
          Murata won't win a round against N'Dam, what would Saunders fight him for?
          If Ndam wasn't so damn chinny I would have a better feeling about him winning

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            If Ndam wasn't so damn chinny I would have a better feeling about him winning
            He's a bit of an anomaly. He's been down a lot but he has never been knocked out - even after taking a huge beating from two KO artists in Quillin and Lemieux.

I doubt Murata will be the first to stop him but he should be able to drop him a couple of times.

Comment

Murata must fight Jacobs if he wins against N'dam.... Jacobs wouldnt mind travelling to Japan for that fight.

Comment

why is murata a 1/2 favorite? hes fought noone...

unless hes got legot power he will lose easily to n'dam...

Comment

I guess that will happen, thanks to Arum's "special relationship" with the WBO

Comment

Working...
                  X