Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lebedev Wants a Rematch: I Thought I Won or it Was a Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lebedev Wants a Rematch: I Thought I Won or it Was a Draw

On Saturday night in Moscow, Russia - Murat Gassiev (24-0-1, 17KOs) won a twelve round split decision over Denis Lebedev (29-3, 22KOs) to capture the IBF cruiserweight title. The scores were 114-113 for Lebedev, 116-112 for Gassiev and 116-111 for Gassiev.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ultimately, it was a smart move to ask the WBA to not let his belt be up for grabs, but I'm not feeling that at all. It was a good fight, but I am not a fan of someone losing and walking around as the champion/titleholder without redemption. This only shows one of the many problems with boxing... Anyway, I can't complain about a rematch. Hopefully, it matches this level or potentially exceeds it....

Comment

Lebedev got dropped and lost 8 rounds, shouldn't he have won 114-113? Apparently thats how scoring adds up.

Comment

He's right! Murat Gassiev's defensive skills sucks! he looks like pine tree. Gassiev has some physical advantage against Lebedev but he couldnt evaluate this advantage well. Denis Lebedev old but gold!

Comment

So, lets just recap here:

1) Lebedev's team petitioned (successfully) for the WBA belt to not be at stake because they didn't want to be obligated to a rematch

2) Now they want a rematch

Comment

Wow Lebedev got handled. Right guy won!

Comment

116-111 Gassiev... Just wtf

Gassiev landed some crisp punches and a knockdown but he just wasn't active enough to win that many rounds. How 116-111?

Comment

I have leb winning. i;ll cosign his appeal.

Comment

Fight was good enough that I'd like to see a rematch.

Lebedev is right, that liver shot ruined him for a big enough portion of the fight that Gassiev could take it (even Gatti went down to that shot - it hurts).

So rematch would be betting that Gassiev didn't learn something from the fight and would show up better, and Lebedev being able to avoid getting caught with something next time.

I think we want to see it - so Lebedev's team just needs to put the WBA belt on the line and sounds like Gassiev's team will go for it.

Comment

Lebedev got dropped, was out landed and visibly took more damage. How the hell did he do enough? Can we please get better scoring criteria so ridiculous **** like this never happens?

Comment

Working...
                    X