Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Manager: Golovkin is Not a Monster, He's Not Superman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo's Manager: Golovkin is Not a Monster, He's Not Superman

Eddy Reynoso, manager of WBC middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (47-1-1, 33KOs), is not intimidated at all by a potential mandatory fight with WBA/IBO/IBF champion Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (34-0, 31KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

So fight st 160. Not too much talking. More doing please

Comment

They're right he ain't. He is a very good fighter, but not Godzilla.

So just sign, already.

Comment

GGG 35 fighting the same level of guys Canelo was knocking out at 19 years old. Pathetic.

Comment

They sparred 40 rounds? I knew they sparred but it was always made to seem like it only happened a few times before they stopped putting them in together. From what we know, Canelo gave him the best sparring and they were heated.. Its been 5 years and he's improved but if he got worked for 40 rounds that's not going to be easy to forget lol

Comment

Originally posted by Real Talk85 View Post
            GGG 35 fighting the same level of guys Canelo was knocking out at 19 years old. Pathetic.
            Why did Canelo cherry pick a **** chinned WW instead of fighting his MW mandatory GGG then?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Eddy Reynoso, manager of WBC middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (47-1-1, 33KOs), is not intimidated at all by a potential mandatory fight with WBA/IBO/IBF champion Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (34-0, 31KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]
              "Golovkin is Not a Monster, He's Not Superman"... but we'll fight him when "the time is ideal"...

... if he's no monster and no superman, then the time is ideal -- the guy is the mandatory for two years now...

Comment

Is he trying to convince us or himself? Because they're the ones coming up with all the reasons not to fight him.

And we all know the 'ideal time' is when Golovkin slows down, looks shit, and starts to suffer with chronic injury. There's nothing more cowardly in boxing than trying to wait a guy out. Wait until he slows down. Wait until he starts to struggle. Then expect everyone to give you the same credit you'd have gotten for fighting him at his peak. Happens too often in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                  Why did Canelo cherry pick a **** chinned WW instead of fighting his MW mandatory GGG then?
                  I think Khan was every bit responsible for this mismatch of a fight happening.
                  Khan is greedy for money and he took this fight knowing he might get hurt and people will give him a pass because he's a smaller guy. All Khan wanted was a big paycheque, and if that came with a Middleweight title it would have been bonus. If Khan wanted to challenge himself he should have looked around at 147.

Canelo-Khan should not have happened.
                  Canelo should have taken someone from Middleweight with similar credentials to the fighters that GGG is keeps destroying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Is he trying to convince us or himself? Because they're the ones coming up with all the reasons not to fight him.

And we all know the 'ideal time' is when Golovkin slows down, looks shit, and starts to suffer with chronic injury. There's nothing more cowardly in boxing than trying to wait a guy out. Wait until he slows down. Wait until he starts to struggle. Then expect everyone to give you the same credit you'd have gotten for fighting him at his peak. Happens too often in this sport.
                    In this case I think it's more GBP who are trying to delay the fight.
                    From what I saw during the post fight interviews I would say Canelo is willing to fight GGG next.

GGG is 34 and does not have another 20 years in boxing. So, he's looking for a big money fight like any other fighter out there.
                    Canelo is that big money fight, GGG's team should shut up and negotiate.

Comment

Working...
                    X