Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Lee Sets Record Straight on Rumors of Daniel Jacobs Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andy Lee Sets Record Straight on Rumors of Daniel Jacobs Bout

Despite rumors to the contrary, the only established portion of the July 30 event at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York is the headlining act itself. Leo Santa Cruz and Carl Frampton have already agreed to terms for their upcoming featherweight title clash, but the show which is likely to air live on Showtime has yet to be formally announced. There are varying factors involved as to why that is the case, reasons that include the hunt for a feasible chief support.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Very nice. Maybe he can set the record straight as to why HE, Loeffler, Sanchez, or Lil'G never spoke about rescheduling their original fight.

Comment

I had my doubts about that fight. Jacobs-Lee as a co-feature to Frampton-Santa Cruz is not a good look for Jacobs as champ and probably makes it an expensive card too. Lee don't come cheap.

Comment

According to this dude, there's still rumors of them negotiating this fight, just not for the originally planned date.

Mitch Abramson just talked to Espinoza 2 days ago and said the fight was still in play, but also that Khurtsidze/Jacobs was also in play (both DiBella fighters). They might be using Khurtsidze simply as leverage in negotiating with Andy Lee, b/c both Khurtsidze and Jacobs are out of the same gym and I highly doubt they'd accept fighting each other unless it was big money. Lee probably wants another pay check close to what he got for the Quillin fight. Especially after how poorly Jacobs/Quillin performed (8k sold and only 385k tv).

Comment

I'm good with any of Jacobs v Khurtsidze or Jacobs v Lee. Even Lee v Khurtsidze would be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            I'm good with any of Jacobs v Khurtsidze or Jacobs v Lee. Even Lee v Khurtsidze would be a good fight.
            If Jacobs or Lee couldn't control Khurtsidze with their jab, they'd be in a world of trouble. But I'll say it again, Khurtsidez & Jacobs spar together along with Khytrov & Derevyanchenko, they ain't fighting...

If we don't get Golovkin/Saunders next, I want Saunders/Khurtsidze. He's Bill's #1 contender in the WBO.

Comment

Why wouldn't Jacobs pursue a fight with Saunders or Saunders pursue Jacobs. We know both of them don't want to face ggg yet and no one will blame them of they fought each other. I just don't see why Jacobs want a Lee fight.

Comment

Why would Jacobs fight at all if he could possibly get a crack at the real WBA belt against Golovkin. At least wait for another 2 weeks to see what Canelo is doing. He better not screw this one up.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
                  Why wouldn't Jacobs pursue a fight with Saunders or Saunders pursue Jacobs. We know both of them don't want to face ggg yet and no one will blame them of they fought each other. I just don't see why Jacobs want a Lee fight.
                  Jacobs and Roizer do want the Saunders fight and sounds like they are trying. Bill don't want it, atleast not in the US and Danny doesn't want to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    Jacobs and Roizer do want the Saunders fight and sounds like they are trying. Bill don't want it, atleast not in the US and Danny doesn't want to travel.

That sucks. I don't think either of them want to travel then. Only other mw fight I'm interested in. Hopefully fights get made somehow.

Comment

Working...
                    X