Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Martin's Options: Arreola, Breazeale and Szpilka

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Charles Martin's Options: Arreola, Breazeale and Szpilka

Chris Arreola, Dominic Breazeale and Artur Szpilka are the three opponents being seriously considered for IBF heavyweight champion Charles Martin's first title defense.

Martin is expected to face one of those three foes sometime late in April, according to a source close to the situation. The date, site and network have not yet been determined.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Arreola finally has a real shot at a HW belt after all these years. War Arreola!

Comment

Fake champ.

Comment

As long as Wilder isn't the option, I'm good.

Comment

Hopefully, it'll be Szpilka.

Comment

Three solid opponents. Would be cool if Martin shocked everyone and fought Parker or Joshua, but that might be asking a lot of a first defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
              Arreola finally has a real shot at a HW belt after all these years. War Arreola!
              Dude, you're cruel.

Id love to see Martin-Arreola. Chris doesn't deserve it, but I'm selfish.

Comment

Can definitely see it being Arreola. What a farce.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                  Hopefully, it'll be Szpilka.
                  Thinking the same ven in a KO loss he looked better than the other two recently, and it would be a good business decision considering the crowd he can bring.

Comment

Why would Szpilka be an option? He just got sparked by Wilder earlier in January. Usually you have a couple 'tuneup' fights before contending for a title again.

Anyway, I think Breazeale is the best of the three possible opponents listed and would be the most competitive against the untested Martin.

Comment

Working...
                    X