No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donnie Nietes is Ordered By WBO To Face Moises Fuentes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donnie Nietes is Ordered By WBO To Face Moises Fuentes

Despite scoring an impressive ninth round knockout over Moises Fuentes after dropping him three times in round nine on May 10, 2014 and scoring a lopsided unanimous decision over Francisco Rodriguez Jr. who fought Fuentes in a title eliminator but lost after failing to make the weight, WBO president Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel has directed Nietes to defend his title against Fuentes for a third time.

[Click Here To Read More]

Well... Fuentes did earn the title shot after beating two ex champions back to back. It's should be a fun fight and if Fuentes manages the upset... What a comeback that would be.

Comment

He's just going to knock Fuentes out again, easy work.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        He's just going to knock Fuentes out again, easy work.
        Probably so but let's see how it goes. Their first fight was a lot closer than expected but the rematch was a beat down. From his recent fights, Fuentes is still the same face first plodder, but what if Nietes ages over night? It should be a rather interesting fight, imho.

Comment

Just move up to 112 already

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            Just move up to 112 already
            Who? Because I would prefer both of them moving up to 112 myself. Nietes has nothing to prove at 108 and he's getting up there in age. I would love to see him against any of the three world Champions at Fly, it be an interesting clash of styles with all of them except Amnat .

Ohhh I wouldn't mind him fighting Yaegashi at 108 though, interesting clash of styles as well as a unification fight.

Comment

Nietes should move up and fight one of the big boys at 112 before he gets too old.

Comment

Working...
              X