No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Espinoza: Mayweather-Pacquiao Rematch Can Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Espinoza: Mayweather-Pacquiao Rematch Can Happen

Showtime head boxing man Stephen Espinoza believes that Floyd Mayweather Jr.and Manny Pacquiao will fight again in a rematch of the Fight of the Century.

“I think it can happen,” he said.

If the fans want it.

“Well, I think time will tell because this fight ultimately got made because of the two fighters wanted the fight and the fans wanted the fight,” Espinoza said, speaking after the incredible PPV figures were released for the May 2 fight.

“If these guys see their way to get together again, and it’s something that most importantly the fans want, then I think it can happen. I don’t think it makes sense to have a rematch simply for financial reasons. It’s really got to be something that the fans demand and that the audience is calling for.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mystique is gone. Floyd is the better boxer. No need for rematch for me but ill watch it if it happens.

Comment

I hope they don't expect to pull in the same numbers.

I can guarantee they wont do anywhere near the current numbers.

Thanks to Mayweather stinking up the fight as ALWAYS!

Comment

Fans dont want it we know who the better fighter is and we dont want to see Floyd dominate him again , Manny needs to fight the Algieri Rios class fighters he looks really good in that class .

Comment

Of course it's going to happen, Pacquiao only had 1 arm in the first fight.

Comment

Nobody wants 2 see that again. Pacquiao is just not skilled enough. Pac should fight Rios again, you know someone who just stands still which in turns allows pac to look fast and skilled

Comment

even if the fans wont buzz over it, 4.4mil buys will make them try to make a rematch

Comment

Unless Bob REALLY sells the injury, casual fans don't care about Pac anymore. They have moved on to something else. GGG already on deck as the next killer that Floyd has been supposedly scared of since forever.

However, Floyd will need to act "scared". Start talking trash again and act like he's ducking Pac. Floyd needs to feed the casuals the perception that the rematch would be different and worth paying for. Bob needs to feed the casuals that Pac will destroy Floyd and that paying $99 will be worth their money this time...

If that doesn't happen, the fight won't happen because boxing fans witnessed Floyd outclass Pac while casual fans witnessed a "boring" fight because they had high expectations from Bob and Manny.

As boxing fans you can't blame these people. They didn't know any better. However, they learned their lesson and the big question is, will they be punked again?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  even if the fans wont buzz over it, 4.4mil buys will make them try to make a rematch
                  I'd rather Marquez 5 than this ****, Pacquiao is more likely to leave it all in the ring against Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Fans dont want it we know who the better fighter is and we dont want to see Floyd dominate him again , Manny needs to fight the Algieri Rios class fighters he looks really good in that class .
                    thats why Pac got beat in the 1st place, the level he was competing at had ppl fooled

Comment

Working...
                    X