Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Provodnikov: Fans Want Matthysse II, Not May-Pac II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Provodnikov: Fans Want Matthysse II, Not May-Pac II

BoxingScene.com caught up with Vadim Kornilov, manager of former super lightweight champion Ruslan Provodnikov and several others, shortly after Floyd Mayweather's unanimous decision victory over Manny Pacquiao. While Mayweather won the super-fight decisively, the lack of action didn't satisfy many of the paying customers.

Kornilov said that he was swamped with messages after the fight with fans asking for a rematch between between Provodnikov and Lucas Matthysse. The two warriors battled it out on April 18th with Matthysse winning a close decision.
    [Click Here To Read More]

make it a title shot and why not?

Comment

You're right, but at the same time I personally don't want either of your careers/lives shortened by another war. There were no losers the first time round for me

Comment

I'm not sure fans are that high on either.

Ruslan is crazy for wanting a rematch though, he took some disgusting flush shots.

Comment

I'd be down for a rematch but not right away... Maybe in a fight or 2 but not now..

Comment

When did Provodnikov start mounting his comeback? I watched him nearly get shutout for 6-rounds in a fight that wasn't that action packed not competitive. I guess I should have watched the 2nd half of the fight?

Comment

These "fans" don't care about your health. Move on and fight a Rios or anyone else at 40/47. Ruslan will provide a tough test for anyone but he lost clearly and tooks some bombs in the process.

Comment

I prefer Rios/Ruslan

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  I'm not sure fans are that high on either.

Ruslan is crazy for wanting a rematch though, he took some disgusting flush shots.
                  Yeah man, Matthysse pounded on him in round 6 in a fashion that reminded me of Rd 14 of Ali-Frazier III. To want more of that takes possibly the biggest balls in the sport.

I did think the fight was close though but I heard a lot of people, especially those watching the Russian broadcast, felt it was not a close fight (in favor of Matthysse). I think he got outboxed but there were moments Ruslan definitely let his presence be known. That being said I doubt he'd win in a rematch.

I remember somebody suggesting a Matthysse/Crawford & Provodnikov/Rios card after that fight. Man that'd be something.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
                    Yeah man, Matthysse pounded on him in round 6 in a fashion that reminded me of Rd 14 of Ali-Frazier III. To want more of that takes possibly the biggest balls in the sport.

I did think the fight was close though but I heard a lot of people, especially those watching the Russian broadcast, felt it was not a close fight (in favor of Matthysse). I think he got outboxed but there were moments Ruslan definitely let his presence be known.

I remember somebody suggesting a Matthysse/Crawford & Provodnikov/Rios card after that fight. Man that'd be something.
                    round 6 was just disgusting lol, if it had been more competitive it would be round of the year but it was just one-sided.

Comment

Working...
                    X