No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 2015 Off To Great Start, With or Without Floyd-Manny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 2015 Off To Great Start, With or Without Floyd-Manny

By Jake Donovan - As 2014 slowly crept towards to a close, the thought process going into this year was that there wasn’t any way possible it could be worse for the sport of boxing.

The worst thing that could have happened in the early stages of 2015 was if the plan had been to simply do better than a bad year. Fortunately, nearly everyone in the industry received the message loud and clear. The storylines that have come from the first month of the year are a strong indication that things are back on the right track, en route to an industry revival.

All of that is WITHOUT the biggest to be made, actually yet being made.

Given all that is going on in the sport of boxing today, it comes with mixed emotions that fans can be that excited about Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao both having attended Tuesday night’s pro basketball game between the Miami Heat and the Milwaukee Bucks.

Pacquiao was already in South Beach, having served as a guest judge for the Miss Universe pageant and extending his stay when plans for a trip to the Northeast were scrapped due to severe blizzard conditions. Mayweather took advantage of the itinerary change, hopping on a plane and surfacing courtside in Miami in his resumed role as a regular spectator. [Click Here To Read More]

I have enjoyed every telecast of boxing that i have seen so for this year, sans the Alvarado/Rios card. The Shotime card was great, Friday night fights had two (if I am not mistaken) interesting cards, and The FoxSports card that just happened Monday was good with some nice brawls. I still for one believe that last year (especially on Shotime) was under appreciated. There might have been 3-4 main event fights that "fans" might not have wanted, but when you look back at the cards and the fights that took place, it was some damn good matches. Look forward to the ESPN tournaments coming up.

Comment

2015 has me excited no matter what. Wasn't a Haymon fan before but the first couple of cards he's made with NBC and S.pike have me excited for boxing on regular tv. Wilder winning in 2015 is already big for the sport too in my opinion.

No matter what...it looks like we are in for a better year than we got in 2014

Comment

Haymon, roc nation, HBO, Showtime, arum, PBC-NBC. Competition.

Can mean only one thing for the fans...GREAT SHOWS!.

#beautifulboxing#starvingboxingfan

Comment

Working...
        X