No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Rubio Scores on HBO With 1.3 Million Rating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Rubio Scores on HBO With 1.3 Million Rating

Gennady Golovkin had more competition from other sports than he did in the ring, yet still managed to score with viewers.

The unbeaten middleweight looked every bit the 60-1 favorite over Marco Antonio Rubio, scoring a 2nd round knockout in their Oct. 18 headliner in front of a sold-out StubHub Center in Carson, California. Despite going up head-to-head with a down-to-the-wire college football thriller, the blowout managed to register 1.3 million viewers among live and peak audience, with an average of 908,000 households on first viewing.

The 1.3 million overall average viewership is good for the second highest rated fight of 2014, right behind Julio Cesar Chavez Jr's rematch win over Bryan Vera in March.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by JakeNDaBox; 10-21-2014, 11:25 AM.

Rouch : "GGG brings nothing to the table"

Comment

908K. Why would you add the replay ratings? What's next, adding YouTube views to ratings?

Back to back sub-1M performances for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        908K. Why would you add the replay ratings? What's next, adding YouTube views to ratings?

908k is households, not viewers. All ratings are based on a similar scale, whether cable, free network, etc.

His last fight peaked below one million. He had over 300,000 more viewers for this fight.

Comment

What's next, adding YouTube views to ratings?
          Haha awesome. Even 900k is an awful lot of people wasting their time watching a fighter take a dive though

Comment

You aren't the brightest guy are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
              You aren't the brightest guy are you?
              Another sensitive GGG fan. My bad, I misread. Hopefully I didn't hurt your man's image.

Comment

If GGG keeps this up people will have to step up and fight. Hes on course to being the second biggest name in the sport after canelo when floyd n manny retire.

Comment

Another sensitive GGG fan. My bad, I misread. Hopefully I didn't hurt your man's image.
                  lol. No you're a good boy. Carry on boy.

Comment

It was a nice card . Show time should stop the santajoke-ex exparring partner,and the Garcia - Salka if they want these ratings ..... Stop cherrie picking .
                    Credit to donaire for taking on Walters , win or lose , you gain more by fighting the best .

Hit and not be hit .

Comment

Working...
                    X