No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Gamboa - BoxingScene.com's Staff Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford-Gamboa - BoxingScene.com's Staff Predictions

It’s been 42 years since the last major title fight rolled through Omaha, Nebraska. It feels like it’s been almost as long since Yuriorkis Gamboa stepped into the ring, but the unbeaten Cuban bravely travels to the hometown of Terence Crawford to vie for the lightweight crown.

The two collide Saturday evening at the CenturyLink Center in Omaha, with HBO to televise the event – the first time in their 40+ years of covering the sport that they present a fight from the Cornhusker State.

Crawford (23-0, 16KO) came up big in his own road trip, upending Ricky Burns to claim the lightweight title this past March in Glasgow, Scotland. The feat earned him the distinction of becoming the first Nebraskan in 100 years to claim a major title, and the first ever from Omaha to not only claim a championship but now also defend in his hometown. [Click Here To Read More]

I dont know how any fan can be so sure that crawford is going to beat gamboa easily. Gamboa has fought the better competition and wins rather easily,. Crawford has good skills but has never fought anybody close to gamboa in competition.. that said i dont see this fight being a very pleasing fight as we hope, i think crawford sticks to his guns by boxing and using his reach leaving the shorter more explosive gamboa with opputunities to counter, i can see this fight getting stopped on a cut or if it goes to decision a majority draw... i just cant see how any of these fighters can get the best of the other tonite.

Comment

Im mad hyped for this fight

Comment

I think Crawford wins a close but indisputable decision. Gamboa has not looked good and has been dropped by weak opposition. With that said, maybe this is the fight he gets up for and proves everyone wrong. Crawford has looked good but has not fought anyone of any significance. Should be a good fight, but based on recent fights Crawford wins a decision.

Comment

Can't wait. Leaning towards Warboa given how bad Crawford looked at the weigh in

Comment

Surprised to see people picking Short-boa by TKO, I don't see it. I do, however, see him winning a close decision although I'm not very confident picking against Crawford.

Comment

I hope gamboa looks impressive tonight. I still would want to see a mares or mickey clash for him. that'd be some explosive action. no disrespect to Crawford but as a fan id rather see gamboa come away with the w. Crawford is a champ in his hometown. all the stars are aligned for him to win but I like gamboa to catch him early. ko before 4

Comment

Gamboa by decision demolition is what the doctor ordered

Comment

did crawford look that bad? i'm going with gamboa, but terence is a hell of a boxer too

Comment

Crawford by decision seems to be the safe pick. I'm going with that as well, though any outcome wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Working...
                    X