No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Provodnikov Reacts To Alvarado's Take on Marquez Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Provodnikov Reacts To Alvarado's Take on Marquez Bout

Last week in an article on BoxingScene.com, former WBO junior welterweight champion said that the only way Juan Manuel Marquez could defeat current WBO champ Ruslan Provodnikov is by knockout. Alvarado had just lost an unanimous decision to Marquez and was stopped by Provodnikov last October.

BoxingScene.com recently spoke to Provodnikov to get his reaction to Alvarado's comments.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Marquez won't fight you. His health comes first.

Comment

Marquez won't fight you...he's after that fifth-division title...oh wait... nevermind...

Comment

Kid spits nothing but truth...damn

Comment

JMM I think beats Provodkikov for the record. Saying that it's a high risk, low reward fight for him.

I understand he's looking for his 5th world title, but I don't think the $$$$ is there for a fight like that. That would be a very hard fight to sell outside of the hardcore fan. It's the reason Arum is wanting to see JMM vs Pac 5.

Comment

I think Marquez could win a decision, lots of counter punch opportunity's. Marquez also has been known to win rounds vs Pac. Alvarado is finished hes got nothing left , he got beat up bad in both fights. I would bet against provo vs almost all good fighters. I knew he would beat Alvarado, and now he should look to fight Rios.
            Last edited by C-SHO; 05-27-2014, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Ruslan is brutally honest about other fighters and even more brutally honest about himself. Knowing your own weaknesses and accepting them is the first step to being a great champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Croyd View Post
                Ruslan is brutally honest about other fighters and even more brutally honest about himself. Knowing your own weaknesses and accepting them is the first step to being a great champion.
                His trainer had to convince him he lost to Bradley. At first he was claiming robbery.

Comment

He have a valid reason to think that he won that fight against Tim. I thought he won that fight as well, the knock downs that the ref didn't call was a big reason Tim won that fight. It was close but those kds if were called would've made the difference. Tim fought his heart out and I admired him for that, but honestly, when the score was read I thought it was Ruslan who won the fight. Then when it was Tim who declrared the winner, I thought to myself another gift to Tim cause he's in US soil.

Comment

Originally posted by C-SHO View Post
                    His trainer had to convince him he lost to Bradley. At first he was claiming robbery.
                    There's a lot more people claiming robbery than there are saying Bradley won legit.
                    Add 8 seconds to the final round, Bradley loses.
                    Any other ref in the world stop the fight when Bradley was out on his feet.

Post fight interview , Provo admitted he lost.
                    After watching the fight, Provo admitted he lost in a different interview.
                    Do I think Provo lost , yes. My scorecards would be the same as the judges.
                    Do I think Provo was robbed, yes. Bias ref screwed him out of a win.

Comment

Working...
                    X