No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kellerman Breaks Down Pacquiao-Marquez Series

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kellerman Breaks Down Pacquiao-Marquez Series

Juan Manuel Marquez chalked up another masterful performance Saturday night as he thoroughly beat Mike Alvarado and has now put himself back in title contention for Manny Pacquiao’s WBO Welterweight title. The question now is will Marquez fight Pacquiao a fifth time in order to fulfill his goal of becoming the first Mexican fighter to win five titles in five different divisions.

There are mixed reactions to a fifth installment between these two future hall of fame fighters. Some love the idea these two warriors doing it one more time and others feel we’ve seen enough and would rather see them fight other challengers.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pac won the 1st 2 fights clear as day
    3 KD's fucked piss drinker in the 1st fight
    not like Pac didn't do anything after the 1st rd
    1 KD cost JMM the fight by a point in the 2nd one
    those fights were otherwise even, so was the 3rd
    people were pissed Pac went for easy money in the 3rd fight
    piss drinker made it close, so people wanted to believe he won
    he didn't, he just didn't get KO'd like the script said he would
    a big KO in the 4th fight made up for all that though
    numerically Pac has the edge, but piss drinker won the h2h rivalry
    no need at all for a 4th fight, piss drinker came out on top

Comment

I must say, Props to JMM for improving his punch resistance. Other fighters cannot resist the beating he took from Pac on that 4th fight. But the KO was generally not because of him being a better boxer that night, its just because Pac is so dumb for being careless and too complaisant in the latter seconds in that fight.

Comment

Max just made an argument for a 50/50 split.

Comment

I disagree with Max on this series. Pac wasn't getting better as the fights were moving on, the judging was getting worse.

I was ok with the first two fight decisions. I thought Pac knocking down JMM 3 times and then JMM dominating most of the fight afterwards was justified in a draw.

Then in the 2nd it was razor close, but I was ok with Pac winning.

In the 3rd though, I thought JMM won and so did Pac by the way. Nacho made a very interesting comment about how he would have to change the strategy for the 4th fight and he did.

The 4th fight Pac wasn't dominating like Max said, JMM won the early rounds, including knocking Pac down with a huge overhand right. Then he himself was knocked down, but we can all agree it was more of a balance shot which we know JMM always gets dropped from.

Then Pac took over in the 4th through 6th round, but was caught with a beautiful right hand to end the series.

Max has issues with Mexican fighters, he really does. He rarely gives them credit at all and seems to make excuses for Pac particularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            I disagree with Max on this series. Pac wasn't getting better as the fights were moving on, the judging was getting worse.

I was ok with the first two fight decisions. I thought Pac knocking down JMM 3 times and then JMM dominating most of the fight afterwards was justified in a draw.

Then in the 2nd it was razor close, but I was ok with Pac winning.

In the 3rd though, I thought JMM won and so did Pac by the way. Nacho made a very interesting comment about how he would have to change the strategy for the 4th fight and he did.

The 4th fight Pac wasn't dominating like Max said, JMM won the early rounds, including knocking Pac down with a huge overhand right. Then he himself was knocked down, but we can all agree it was more of a balance shot which we know JMM always gets dropped from.

Then Pac took over in the 4th through 6th round, but was caught with a beautiful right hand to end the series.

Max has issues with Mexican fighters, he really does. He rarely gives them credit at all and seems to make excuses for Pac particularly.
            No he doesn't. I listen to Max and Marcelus's show every day on my way home from work and he has always given Mexican fighters their due.

Comment

Originally posted by checko12 View Post
              No he doesn't. I listen to Max and Marcelus's show every day on my way home from work and he has always given Mexican fighters their due.
              He has given a top 10 list many times of current or all time fighters> The times I have heard he didn't mention one Mexican fighter. I get that he's an east coast guy, but I do think there's some bias there.

Comment

He has it just like me 3 wins one draw,, to me jmm is undefeated against pac..i remember dan rafael saying the same thing first two wins and a draw

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                  He has it just like me 3 wins one draw,, to me jmm is undefeated against pac..i remember dan rafael saying the same thing first two wins and a draw
                  After 36 rounds of fierce combat, Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez are basically even up, although history will record that it was Pacquiao who had the edge in their fabulous and historical trilogy.

Pacquiao, on what clearly was not his best night, escaped with a majority decision to retain his welterweight title on Saturday night before an electric, sold-out crowd of 16,368 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

But the crowd, filled with Mexicans rooting for Marquez, booed the decision and threw bottles at ringside to show its outrage after an excellent fight. Pacquiao now holds a 2-0-1 edge over Marquez, but he certainly could be 0-3, and his hold on the No. 1 position on boxing's unofficial pound-for-pound lists might take a hit in some quarters.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...oyd-mayweather

Comment

Marquez can't do it again. Everybody knows that!

Comment

Working...
                    X