No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin To Be Trained By Kirpa, Chisora Ruled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin To Be Trained By Kirpa, Chisora Ruled Out

According to Russian promoter Andrei Ryabinsky, Olympic gold medal winner Alexander Povetkin (26-1, 18KOs) will be trained by former fighter Ivan Kirpa, who retired in 2009 with a 24-1 record with 15 of those wins by knockout. The former WBA 'regular' champion was last seen in action in October of last year, when he lost a twelve round unanimous decision to unified champion Wladimir Klitschko. Ryabinsky also ruled out a potential fight with EBU champion Dereck Chisora, at least in Povetkin's next fight. [Click Here To Read More]

To be fair, Chisora is not the type of beast that you want to rebound with after getting pizza'd by Wladimir.

Comment

Povetkin has a lot left in him.

Comment

I hoped he would fight Chisora damn it! I wonder what kind of bum he will face instead.

Comment

Apparently Povetkin vs. Pulev is in play.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
            Apparently Povetkin vs. Pulev is in play.
            Would be great but i dont think it will happen. Pulev is already Wlads next mandatory. He would make good money in russia, thats for sure...and he would beat Povetkin IMO.

Comment

Strangely enough, David Haye said a few days ago that Chisora-Povetkin is on. Shows you can't trust anything Haye says!

Looks like we'll see Chisora vs. Fury this summer.

Comment

Working...
              X