No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: Ref Will Have To Watch For Bradley's Head

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez: Ref Will Have To Watch For Bradley's Head

Former four division champion Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs) is hoping referee Robert Byrd will ensure that WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (30-0, 12KOs) is not using his head next Saturday night at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. Well before their match was finalized, Marquez and his trainer, Nacho Beristain, said Bradley would often use his head against opponents.

"I always do my job in the ring, I always prepare to do anything I can to find my way to victory. The preparation has been pretty good, we've been more focused on speed rather than strength, an important point for Oct. 12. I've prepared for everything, I have sparring partners who box, who are fast, pushing forward. We have all of the necessary styles here in camp," Marquez said.

[Click Here To Read More]

Everybody is always talking about Bradley's headbutts like it is going out of style but he has had like 1 accidental headbutt in his last 3 fights combined.

Comment

I'd like to read the original transcript because it doesn't sound like Marquez is alluding to headbutts.

"He's a crafty fighter that likes to use his head" seems pretty innocent but sounds like they've twisted his words to get headlines.

Comment

How can the ref not watch bradley big ass dome

Comment

Forgot those huge dome shots he landed on Pac and Ruslan

Comment

I think this will be a very difficult fight for Marquez. Bradley's style will be hard for Marquez to time being that he is a counter-puncher and Bradley's activity rate is high and he adapts well. But both guys get the utmost respect for their careers and fighting each other.

Comment

eh no. bradley's been very well about it lately actually. this fight could get drity quick tho. as u know i'm going for marquez, but i'll admit he tends to throw a good number of hip shots to debilitate a guys movement, i could see bradley retaliating to them unlike pac.

Comment

bradle vs mayweather ... make it happen

please I would love to see this one ... C'mon. make it happen !!!!!!

Comment

I been a marquez fan since day 1. when he slept pacquiao, it brought more joy to me than any you would imagine. marquez is a clean fighter anyway marquez will probably start slow but the lights flick just like that and marquez dominating with combos, body shots, timing, counters, u name it...marquez is really a good technician, adjusting to everything that Bradley will be havin success at early and take it away or use it again him and that my American, Mexicans fans not u.k they know nothing bout boxing, how champions win....

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Former four division champion Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs) is hoping referee Robert Byrd will ensure that WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (30-0, 12KOs) is not using his head next Saturday night at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. Well before their match was finalized, Marquez and his trainer, Nacho Beristain, said Bradley would often use his head against opponents.

"I always do my job in the ring, I always prepare to do anything I can to find my way to victory. The preparation has been pretty good, we've been more focused on speed rather than strength, an important point for Oct. 12. I've prepared for everything, I have sparring partners who box, who are fast, pushing forward. We have all of the necessary styles here in camp," Marquez said.

[Click Here To Read More]
                    this sounds more and more like a boring fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X