No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kiko Martinez-Jeffrey Mathebula Clash on Dec. 21

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kiko Martinez-Jeffrey Mathebula Clash on Dec. 21

Kiko Martinez will defend his IBF super bantamweight title against Jeffrey Mathebula on December 21st, according to Sergio Martinez.

The linear middleweight champion manages Kiko Martinez and made the announcement on his twitter page Tuesday morning.

No word on the exact location, but Martinez announced that the fight will take place in Spain.

Kiko Martinez (29-4, 21 KOs) won the world title from Jhonatan Romero on August 17th in Atlantic City, NJ, stopping him in the sixth round. He has won nine of his last 10 bouts, with the technical knockout loss to Carl Frampton on February 9th being the only blemish.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This should be a good fight. Mathebula fought decently against Donaire.

Comment

Kiko Martinez will probably win this one. The fight will take place in Spain, and Mathebula lacks the pop to trouble Martinez. It should be a great fight, their styles match up on paper.

Mathebula has a good chin, but he was KOed in 2003 when he tried to slug it out with Thomas Mashaba. Kiko Martinez knows how to cut the ring. And he is good against tall fighters.

Comment

good fight but I was hoping kiko and rigo got it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Mathebula stepped aside for Romero/Kiko so this had to go down anyway.

Winner of this should get winner of Rigo/Agbeko.

Comment

I'd like to see the height difference between them.

Comment

147 needs a fighter like kiko to give mayweather an entertaining fight. Just relentless nonstop pressure for 12 rounds or less

Comment

Solid fight at 122 with the winner being in line for a big fight either against Santa Cruz or Rigondeaux.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  Yeah me too, a classic counter puncher against a full aggression pressure fighter seems to always make for a good fight! So who is Guillermo gonna fight next?

Comment

Kiko is a likeable, all-action fighter, and I was happy for him when he won that title, but he is wildly overrated. Math by wide UD.

Comment

Working...
                    X