No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jesus Soto-Karass Motivated By His Underdog Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jesus Soto-Karass Motivated By His Underdog Status

Eight losses in his professional career?

A five-bout winless streak at one point?

Down and out?

People would make those assumptions on welterweight Jesus Soto-Karass. Then again, have you seen him fight? More importantly, have you seen him win when he was not expected to?

Forget how many losses he has. Forget that his career was over after having not during a five-fight stretch. Fans and media just want to see him fight because he could win or loss, but look good doing it.

One or the other will happen on Saturday night when he fights Andre Berto at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, TX.

The bout will headline a “Knockout Kings 2” card presented by Golden Boy Promotions and will be televised on Showtime.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Vamos Soto Karass

Berto better at everything, it would be a huge upset but Soto Karass has the heart to do it

Comment

Karass doesn't have the physicality that Guerrero or Ortiz had, he doesn't have the power, and his chin isn't as good either, I'm rooting for Soto-Karass but I'm expecting him to get stopped in the early to mid rounds. Lets remember that Berto is a different animal when he isn't facing southpaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Karass doesn't have the physicality that Guerrero or Ortiz had, he doesn't have the power, and his chin isn't as good either, I'm rooting for Soto-Karass but I'm expecting him to get stopped in the early to mid rounds. Lets remember that Berto is a different animal when he isn't facing southpaws.
        I disagree Soto had Maidana and Aydin hurt a couple times. Guerrero has no power at 147. Guerrero barely scored any ko's at 135. I also thought Karass beat Aydin much more convincingly than Guerrero did. Not to mention Karass has fought at 154 and the much better comp at 147 than Guerrero or Ortiz. With the exception of the fight they both had with Mayweather.

Comment

I'm sure he's used to it. Has he ever been a favorite??

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
            I disagree Soto had Maidana and Aydin hurt a couple times. Guerrero has no power at 147. Guerrero barely scored any ko's at 135. I also thought Karass beat Aydin much more convincingly than Guerrero did. Not to mention Karass has fought at 154 and the much better comp at 147 than Guerrero or Ortiz. With the exception of the fight they both had with Mayweather.
            That was Guerrero's first fight at 147, he wasn't adjusted to the weight which is why he looked a lot stronger against Berto and Mayweather. Hurting Maidana doesn't say much either, Morales was able to do that as well, Maidana is known for constantly having to go through adversity to win.

What I'm saying though, Karass doesn't have the foot speed to bother Berto, he doesn't close the gap fast enough and that's gonna be his main issue against Berto, as well as his chin. Berto's power and explosiveness is all he needs to get it done.

Comment

i will be so happy if soto karass pulls an upset.

berto looks like he's abck on the gear.

Comment

Working...
              X