No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Guerrero: CBS Schedule of Heavy Coverage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Guerrero: CBS Schedule of Heavy Coverage

CBS Sports Network is showcasing over 10 hours of coverage surrounding Floyd Mayweather’s debut fight on SHOWTIME PPV® against Robert Guerrero on Saturday, May 4. Programming is highlighted by live coverage of the Mayweather vs. Guerrero press conference on Wednesday, May 1 (4:00 PM, ET) and the Mayweather and Guerrero Official Weigh-In on Friday, May 3 (6:00 PM, ET).

Following the May 4 pay-per-view event, CBS Sports Network provides complete analysis of the action with commentator Barry Tompkins and analyst Steve Farhood, as well as live coverage of the post-fight press conference.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So this is what they're doing. Interesting, we'll have to see if it works compared to a normal promotion

Comment

What happened to the Face Off? And the other Documentry?

This has to be one of Mayweather's most under promoted fights.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        What happened to the Face Off? And the other Documentry?

This has to be one of Mayweather's most under promoted fights.
        I didnt know there was another docu. The face off could possibly be on another channel. I think its tight they are actually going to show the press conference!

Comment

Is this only listing the promo dates/times for the airings on CBS sports network?
          I don't know how much the extra airings on that channel will help. CBS sports network is pretty new and doesn't garner much ratings. I mean how many people on this board even know where to find CBSSN on their remote? I sure don't have any idea where its at.

Comment

Well it's cool that we can watch the press conference leading up to the fight on regular TV, same with post-fight press conference. Definitely be tuning into most of this stuff.

Comment

Live press conference and 10 hours sounds cool so far. I hope they have a face off. Maybe on showtime.

But first the arrival of the next superstar in Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Well it's cool that we can watch the press conference leading up to the fight on regular TV, same with post-fight press conference. Definitely be tuning into most of this stuff.
                It's a shame no UK channels pick up this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  It's a shame no UK channels pick up this stuff.
                  Yeah, I always wondered if you guys get this stuff over there and what not.

Is Mayweather on PPV over there, or do you guys get his fights for free on one of the boxing networks???

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Yeah, I always wondered if you guys get this stuff over there and what not.

Is Mayweather on PPV over there, or do you guys get his fights for free on one of the boxing networks???
                    We don't get anything Not international stuff anyway.

We get the fights, and a lot more so with the launch of Boxnation. Just not the build up.

This Mayweather fight and his last one was on Boxnation so not on PPV no. Just the £10 a month subscription price.

But the Ortiz fight was on Primetime which is a PPV channel but it's only £15 so around 20 odd dollars.

Pacquaio's fight's are always on Primetime.

Before that, Sky Sports used to show their fights for free. Sky Sports have pretty much shown Mayweather's entire career.

Only time they didn't show one of his fights for free was the Hatton fight but that's because of Hatton obviously. All of his big fights were on Sky Box Office (PPV)

Boxnation will most likely show all of the All Access on the day of the fight one after the other. That's what they did with the Cotto fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X