No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abril: I Thought Gamboa Had a Good Chance To Beat Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abril: I Thought Gamboa Had a Good Chance To Beat Rios

LAS VEGAS, NEV – Undefeated former World Lightweight Champion BRANDON “Bam Bam” RIOS (29-0-1, 22 KOs), of Oxnard, Calif., and his opponent, World Boxing Association (WBA) interim lightweight champion and Cuban expatriate RICHARD ABRIL (17-2-1, 8 KOs), of Miami, Fla., hosted a Las Vegas media workout at the Top Rank Gym today. These two warriors face off for the vacant WBA lightweight title on Saturday night at Mandalay Bay. Here’s what they had to say:

[Click Here To Read More]

It would have been an interesting clash of styles. It’s always intriguing when a strong brawler squares off against a slick technician, especially when the brawler is bigger and forces the boxer to bring out all his resources. Let’s hope these two can meet somewhere in the near future while they are both in their prime so they can give the public the great event that boxing needs today.

Comment

Abril is some hope in thos one, he has some tools that can give rios trouble. Its a big ask to hold rios off for 12 rds though.

He is a shade off 6 foot...i can see him laying on rios and tying him up a lot inside. He keeps it long and has nice footwork. But his gumption is going to be teated thats for sure.

Comment

If Abril digs to the body and keeps his hands up while he escapes laterally, he has a chance to beat Rios. The unfortunate part is that Rios only needs to land one shot when you show off the footwork and escape side to side when he pressures you. When he lands that one shot, it normally leads to an opponents fall.

Comment

this guy has less of a chance of beating rios than gamboa did.

Comment

Only an idiot would believe otherwise, Gamboa would've KO'd Rios. That's the truth regardless of the no show.

Comment

Abril, hooks and upper cuts as soon as Rios steps in. Double up on the left hook, up stairs and to the LIVER!

Comment

Originally posted by TehRedRanger View Post
                Only an idiot would believe otherwise, Gamboa would've KO'd Rios. That's the truth regardless of the no show.
                Are you talking about the same Gamboa who ducked Rios after? The same one who was shaking in this thong, and cancelled the fight out of fear? Sure, buddy...

What kind of man.calls out another man and then ducks him? Oh yeah... CANTboa!

I hope Bam Bam phucks up this nobody (Abril.)

Comment

Ya i guess some people here like boxers who talk trash then ***** there way out of a fight. I will never pay to see Gamboa fight again.

Comment

Working...
                  X