No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Expects 20,000 Strong at McCloskey Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Expects 20,000 Strong at McCloskey Defense

A lean, mean Amir Khan will return to England at the weekend for the final fortnight of preparation ahead his showdown with Paul McCloskey on April 16.

[Click Here To Read More]

GIFSoup

There you go

Comment

khan you should of made it vs a guy with world class levels then this fight dont interest me the bradley fight should of been in the uk an i would of went you will fight no hopers at home now and the decent ones abroad fuk the u,s britian is were you should stay

Comment

Originally posted by leemoorcroft View Post
        khan you should of made it vs a guy with world class levels then this fight dont interest me the bradley fight should of been in the uk an i would of went you will fight no hopers at home now and the decent ones abroad fuk the u,s britian is were you should stay
        The US is where most of the best fights are...if he stayed at home like calzaghe for most of hes career no one will give him respect cuz he never left home to fight the best

Comment

tunney and i are going together(he's my date) so we can root for mccloskey.

Comment

everyone rips on khan for having an easy defense, but how many fighters have done it? jones jr fought countless tomato cans, so did hopkins. pacquiao fought joshua clottey ffs, thats a gimme fight if ever ive seen one. its ONE fight, the next will be better, get over it

Comment

Originally posted by The_Golden_Goy View Post
              everyone rips on khan for having an easy defense, but how many fighters have done it? jones jr fought countless tomato cans, so did hopkins. pacquiao fought joshua clottey ffs, thats a gimme fight if ever ive seen one. its ONE fight, the next will be better, get over it
              in no order WW division back then top 5
              1) cotto
              2)marg
              3)mosley
              4)clottey
              5)PAC

how r u a tomato can when u r in the top 5??!!!!!! all those guys fought eachother ecxept clottey and mosley and mosley is facing PAC on the may 7th..

Comment

Originally posted by Illdil View Post
                The US is where most of the best fights are...if he stayed at home like calzaghe for most of hes career no one will give him respect cuz he never left home to fight the best
                Great point. Calzaghe took forever to get the respect he deserved. I remember everyone and their uncle (including me) thought Lacy would decapitate Calzaghe and Joe ruined him and made him look like an amateur. If Calzaghe would have come over to the U.S. sooner, he could have been a huge superstar and wouldn't have needed to beat an old Jones Jr and Hopkins to get his day in the sun...

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
                  Great point. Calzaghe took forever to get the respect he deserved. I remember everyone and their uncle (including me) thought Lacy would decapitate Calzaghe and Joe ruined him and made him look like an amateur. If Calzaghe would have come over to the U.S. sooner, he could have been a huge superstar and wouldn't have needed to beat an old Jones Jr and Hopkins to get his day in the sun...
                  Joe Calzaghe was pretty small-time.

Look at the fact that he couldn't get unification clashes with Woodhall and Reid. He got them when they got beat and brought nothing to the table. Nowadays, how easy would fights like them be made?

These fights were not made because Joe Calzaghe was small-time and wasn't really worth the risk to guys like Robin Reid or Richie Woodhall - fighters that never really near as good as Joe.

Calzaghe was not a big deal for an awful long time.

Comment

McCloskey is a good opponent. Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                    X