Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dhafir Smith Likely Ends Jeff Lacy's Career With Upset Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dhafir Smith Likely Ends Jeff Lacy's Career With Upset Win

The career of former super middleweight champion and one-time top fighter Jeff Lacy (25-4, 17KOs) is likely over after losing a unanimous twelve round decision to journeyman fighter Dhafir Smith (29-19-7, 4KOs) at Jannus Landing in Saint Petersburg, Florida. The scores were 116-112, 118-110 and 117-111. Lacy was never the same after the loss to Joe Calzaghe in 2008, and the shoulder surgery that followed later that year.

[Click Here To Read More]

2006**********

Comment

Jeff needs to hang up the gloves !

Comment

Lacy should pursue a bodybuilding career next. He's an embarrassment to the sport and if this isn't a reality check I don't know what is.

Comment

damn thats f u c k e d up and sad news to hear but its life and its boxing. hope everything goes well for jeff after retirement

Comment

Originally posted by brick top View Post
            jeff needs to hang up the gloves !
            war no fear! Lol

Comment

I think Jeff Lacy could be a good football player if its not too late for that. Tho with boxing being his original sport, he might be too shot to be a pro football player. Someone needs to fix article, Calzaghe ruined Lacy's career in 2006 not 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by double a 215 View Post
                war no fear! Lol
                philly in da house!

Comment

The Calzaghe fight is an example of why a corner should stop a fight when their fighter is past the point of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                    The Calzaghe fight is an example of why a corner should stop a fight when their fighter is past the point of winning.
                    Maidana might have ruined Khan tonight with how much punishment Maidana did to Khan in the mid/late rounds. And personally I think with a better ref that wouldn't break Maidana off all the time when Khan clinched him, I think Maidana could have KO'd Khan. If Steve Smoger was ref last night, I think Maidana would have won by KO or dominate decision win.

Comment

Working...
                    X