No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Summer Look: Bradley, Marquez-Diaz, Alexander, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Summer Look: Bradley, Marquez-Diaz, Alexander, More

By Keith Idec - Take a long look at what remains on boxing’s summer schedule and it’s easy to tell that we’re entering set-up season.

Unless you somehow want to consider the Juan Manuel Marquez-Juan Diaz rematch a “big fight,” there really aren’t any scheduled before fall on HBO or Showtime. And until we learn whether the biggest fight of all, Manny Pacquiao against Floyd Mayweather Jr., will take place Nov. 13 in Las Vegas, there aren’t many marquee matchups set for fall, either.

What we do have, starting tonight in San Juan, is a string of bouts over the next month, some more intriguing than others, that will lead to big fights if the heavy favorites win. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Keith Idec - England’s Junior Witter (37-3-1, 22 KOs) is one of the three fighters who’ve out-pointed the Ukrainian-born Kotelnik, and Alexander completely out-classed Witter 11 months ago in Rancho Mirage, Calif. T [Click Here To Read More]
    I agreed with most of the article but not this bit. I agree that Alexander should win, and will probably win handily; but comparing the prime version of Witter who narrowly beat Kotelnik (in what some thought was a robbery) with the badly faded and injured version who was outclassed by Alexander is very misleading, IMO. Kotelnik is still a legit top 10 Jr Welterweight, although I do agree that Alexander will have too much movement and skill for him. But that comparison of their performances vs. Witter is not a legitimate one to make.
    Last edited by Dave Rado; 07-10-2010, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X