Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berto-Quintana: Carlos Plans To Grab Andre's Record, Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Berto-Quintana: Carlos Plans To Grab Andre's Record, Belt

Former welterweight champion Carlos Quintana thinks Andre Berto made a mistake when he signed a contract for their fight, which takes place this coming Saturday in Florida. Berto defends his WBC welterweight title. Quintana presents a tough task with his boxing abilities. He is still the only fighter to beat Paul Williams and derailed a then unbeaten Joel Julio. [Click Here To Read More]

This will be a great and important fight on Saturaday. If Berto wins, I'm very interested to hear the excuses about why he still is a babied paper champion. I hope all those who have an axe to grind against Berto post their reasons.

Comment

berto will win. i hope he gets a shot at one of the bigger names. this guy gots some talent.

Comment

berto a paper champ??? naw don't see him as a poser, but would love to see him step it up alittle. I think him against mosley would have been a goo qd fight, i was undecided on the outcome. Quintana is very good, very confident fighter. He has tricky rythem, and underated power. Berto needs to study that cotto fight, cotto beat him down. curious to see how carlos deals with berto's speed, not too sure of berto's power - but a very interesting fight - April looks to b e an exceptional month -wish the ward green fight wasn't postponed.

Comment

im not a big fan of berto. he holds and runs a little two much, put him in with a power puncher and he will have serious trouble

Comment

I don't like Berto at all, but he'll win by KO. Anybody want to bet 25k? PM me.

Comment

Berto is a FRaud!!!

Berto is a paper champ that is protected and fights smaller fighters...He lost to collazo and has been faking moves ever since! He is lucky that he escaped Mosley as he would have had his top taken off!!! Quintana has the tools to wax that ass and I am pulling for Q to do it! Berto has never really tried to fight anyone with a descent name and has been protected for far to long!

Comment

Originally posted by finster View Post
                Berto is a paper champ that is protected and fights smaller fighters...He lost to collazo and has been faking moves ever since! He is lucky that he escaped Mosley as he would have had his top taken off!!! Quintana has the tools to wax that ass and I am pulling for Q to do it! Berto has never really tried to fight anyone with a descent name and has been protected for far to long!
                this is without a doubt the dumbest thing anyone can ever say about berto, for one thing he's young and is still in the developing stages of his career. so for you to say he's been "protected" makes no sense what so ever since he hasnt even peaked yet, and he lost to collazo? what fight were you watching? it was a war but collazo got ****ing starched in the late rounds dumb ass. so what do you want exactly? his 20th fight to be against floyd mayweather? his 15th fight against shane mosley? and what the **** is this nonsense about him fighting smaller fighters? he's just a naturally bulky guy, your gonna blame juan urango for fighting smaller fighters as well? or paul williams? gtfo here with that BS clown, i hope you're still around when quintana gets knocked through the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                  I don't like Berto at all, but he'll win by KO. Anybody want to bet 25k? PM me.
                  OMFG! i swear its clown day at boxingscene!!what fight was he running and holding? as far as im concerned he blasts people with vicious hooks and uppercuts all the while making them miss and staying in the center of the ring. i think you've got andre direll mixed up with andre berto

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
                    This will be a great and important fight on Saturaday. If Berto wins, I'm very interested to hear the excuses about why he still is a babied paper champion. I hope all those who have an axe to grind against Berto post their reasons.
                    for some reason people these days dont like fighters with skills and an exciting style, but worship and praise fighters with little skills and get hit alot calling them "true fighters" lol. boxing fans nowadays just dont recognize true talent anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X