No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Linares Targets Redemption and Titles For 2010

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jorge Linares Targets Redemption and Titles For 2010

Since December, former champion Jorge "Golden Boy" Linares has been heavily involved with the Teiken gym in Tokyo and says: "2010 will be a year that demonstrates what I'm made of - and I assure you the Golden Boy will be here to stay." [Click Here To Read More]

I think he'd be able to beat Uchiyama, interesting that he doesn't seem to really want to fight him right now. I'm sure Teiken would be willing to make the fight if he wanted it.

Comment

I told everyone he ws the truth..then he gets in the ring and gets KO'd in one round.

WAR LINARES!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I say take a stay busy fight and then fight Salgado and redeem yourself. THEN go for the title...its hard to come back from a KO but it seems that all the top prospects lately have gone through that...ask Khan, Ortiz, etc

Comment

I hope he bounces back. I thought this guy was going to be the next great. I saw him getting tagged too much at time, but that was shocking.

Comment

The way to prove what he's made of is to fight in places where he will be seen and against quality opponents. Not off in Venezuela against a nobody because we all know that's what he means by his statements. If he can go for a title shot immediately then that is what he should do. Also a rematch with Salgado is a way to prove his worth too and regenerate buzz about his career. I' already starting to dislike this guy.

Comment

He'll bounce back!

Comment

hype hype hype. boxing has become about the possibilities of what you can achieve rather than what you have actually done. ortiz, khan, linares. they are making these guys stars before they earn it. they are like the britney spears of boxing. are they overproduced lipsynchers?

Comment

He'll be back. I still believe he's going to be a star

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                    I think he'd be able to beat Uchiyama, interesting that he doesn't seem to really want to fight him right now. I'm sure Teiken would be willing to make the fight if he wanted it.
                    If im Jorge, i do some serious matchmaking for two fights, unlike Kahn, id give Jorge a pass if he decided to do this because hes not being thrown in our face, and hes not running his mouth all crazy like hes this fantastic talent.

Comment

Working...
                    X