No announcement yet.

Luevano: "Juanma and His Team are Underestimating Me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luevano: "Juanma and His Team are Underestimating Me"

WBO featherweight champion Steven Luevano (37-1-1, 15 KOs) doesn't plan to go away without a serious fight when he defends his title against undefeated Juan Manuel Lopez on January 23 in New York. The fight will be televised by HBO with Yuriorkis Gamboa defending the WBA's regular featherweight title against Rogers Mtagwa. [details]

No he isn't, Lopez was almost brutally KO'd in his last fight while he clinched onto the ropes for his life. Like a boxer like that would take anyone for-granted now.

Comment

No chance. Juanma will murder his ass! he could've easily lost his last fight if it werent for Concepcion's lack of killer instict. Actually, he couldve lost if it werent for that unfortunate punch after the bell. Concepcion was gettin in a groove...

BTW, i thought theres goin to be a rematch with Concepcion? What happend?

Comment

Is this gona be in msg? **** ill be there then!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Fightmaster View Post
          No chance. Juanma will murder his ass! he could've easily lost his last fight if it werent for Concepcion's lack of killer instict. Actually, he couldve lost if it werent for that unfortunate punch after the bell. Concepcion was gettin in a groove...

BTW, i thought theres goin to be a rematch with Concepcion? What happend?
          Here we go with the excuses.....Concepcion was thoroughly outboxed no if's and's or but's about it!

Anyways, this is very classy by Luevano.He gave Lopez props and the respect he deserves, I only which people would give Luevano the same respect he shows his opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by -Mbandit- View Post
            Here we go with the excuses.....Concepcion was thoroughly outboxed no if's and's or but's about it!

Anyways, this is very classy by Luevano.He gave Lopez props and the respect he deserves, I only which people would give Luevano the same respect he shows his opponents!
            Did i make an excuse? Im just sayin, Concepcion had the power to take him out but he was too tentative and hesitant to go inside, he lacks killer instict. I dont think Luevano landed any significant punches throughout, but he definitely outboxed BC with his jabs.

Now with Lopez with his power and punch output, i dnt think he'll last the full 12. I give him 7-8 rounds. Juanma by TKO.

p.s. I've only seem highlights of Juanma's last fight, from my impression he had trouble with his opponents rugged style.
            Last edited by Sgt Fightmaster; 11-24-2009, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Mbandit- View Post

I'm with u on that my man, Luevano is a great guy and a great boxer. People always count him off with the excuse off his "lack of heart", to me is not that just to much pressure out off the media. Some ppl can handle it, some ppl not. He's been in tough wars and he still young. But if Juanma comes with his A game, is going 2 b a short night for him.

Comment

nice move by juanmaricon in avoiding caballero and fighting someone with no punch,wide open defense...lol...good move juanmaricon

Comment

Interesting as well is the undercard of this fight will be Gamboa vs Rogers ..gamboa has been talking alot of **** that he will show juanma how dominate Rogers..if gamboa is dominate vs a fighter that gave juanma all he can handle and juanma struggles , don't think that arum will be too quickly to pull the trigger on a Gamboa vs juanma fight on the eve of the pr parade..not making excuses , but juanma did say he was having trouble making 122, so hopefully he makes 126 comfortably and show what he all about..

Comment

Luevano might be right. Maybe Juanma wont ko him.

Comment

Working...
                    X