No announcement yet.

Mikkel Kessler: "Ward Ruined My Style, I'll Beat Carl Froch"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikkel Kessler: "Ward Ruined My Style, I'll Beat Carl Froch"

Mikkel Kessler has vowed to bounce back stronger than ever after his 11th round technical decision defeat against Andre Ward. The Viking Warrior was trailing on all three scorecards when the fight was stopped due to a cut caused by an unintentional headbutt. “I have lost the world title once and won it straight back so I know how to do it,” Kessler said. “With the support of my home fans in Denmark I will beat Carl Froch and become world champion again. That is why this tournament is great – I have the chance to make amends immediately.”
    [details]

Ofcourse he will beat Froch. Froch ain't ****.

Comment

he said the same thing after the calzaghe fight

it worries me that he seems unwilling to adapt

Comment

2 losses is nothing, Kessler still has 2 fights left in this tournament. Two very winnable fights, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
          2 losses is nothing, Kessler still has 2 fights left in this tournament. Two very winnable fights, in my opinion.
          Kessler has the punching power to get his straight right hand inside AA's guard. So I give Kessler a VERY good chance, in that AA has a really low workrate and doesn't show movements. My opinion has changed on what he might be able to do against Dirrell or Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
            yes but he needs to move more, head, legs... and be more fluid, throw while moving... chin is there power is there, but won't beat slick fighters with that style.

Comment

Kessler is very good against people like Froch who just walk forward blindly, he'll still handle Froch and his non existent technical skill.

Comment

I have been saying it for a while kessler is a poor mans version of Pavlik. Pavlik is more well rounded, since he can get down and dirty.

Comment

I like Kessler...he said some dumb stuff immediately after the fight last night in the heat of emotion. After a couple of hours to digest what had transpired, he is now rightfully giving Ward his props for that "down-home type" ass whoopin the American laid on him. Hope these guys have a re-match in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by JMM_135_#1 View Post
                    he said the same thing after the calzaghe fight

it worries me that he seems unwilling to adapt
                    so you mean one dimensional?

Comment

Working...
                    X