Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Might Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr. Be a Package Deal for Future Cards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Might Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr. Be a Package Deal for Future Cards?

[Click Here To Read More]

Ramirez was first exposed by Zapeda. Then the win against Hooker made us believe it was just an off night. A close fight against an old Postol, the loss to Taylor and lacklustre win against a feeble Pedraza kind of gave us his true value though. And his performance against Barthelemy just reinforced the fact that, although hard working, Ramirez is not elite.

Comment

He was never a beast! And don't think he should be headlining. He reminds me of Steven luevano. Softee

Comment

Ramirez is simply just another scrappy "try hard" guy. He never had truly elite level talent, which is why he needs to be matched carefully. Bob let him walk for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
          Ramirez is simply just another scrappy "try hard" guy. He never had truly elite level talent, which is why he needs to be matched carefully. Bob let him walk for a reason.
          People just be talking.. Ramirez was a unified world champion.. “try hard” guys don’t win unified straps… even if they get vacant belts like Prograis or Broner..

Secondly, Ramirez was offered $2 million dollars with the promise of Teo Lopez by Top Rank.. Ramirez declined repeatedly and decided he wanted to join forces with Oscar to go to the next level of stardom.. clowns like you just talk I see

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBackHand View Post

People just be talking.. Ramirez was a unified world champion.. “try hard” guys don’t win unified straps… even if they get vacant belts like Prograis or Broner..

Secondly, Ramirez was offered $2 million dollars with the promise of Teo Lopez by Top Rank.. Ramirez declined repeatedly and decided he wanted to join forces with Oscar to go to the next level of stardom.. clowns like you just talk I see
            You forgot the part about Ramirez turning down a title fight because it would conflict with his planned wedding - as though picking up a million-dollar paycheck might not be an understandable reason to delay a wedding for a few weeks or months.

And you forgot the part about Ramire repeatedly turning down lucrative fights saying “I know my worth” and “I’m a Top Rank fighter whose fights are on ESPN” like some deluded wannabe A-sider.

Now he’s fighting on an app with a relatively low subscriber base and getting wobbled on an undercard fight to B-tier guy like Barthelemy. In what world is any of that showing good business sense?

Comment

I know Oscar can’t say it but the talent difference between the two is huge.Ortiz .
              pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Delusional Ramirez fan boy. Ramirez has been hiding trying to bamboozle his way to a huge payday without taking risk and avoiding opponents. He thought he was a boxing superstar because he sells out a garlic warehouse haha.

let me ask you how’s the career going for Zepeda and Hooker both those guys are finished and those were the champions Ramirez beat? Ramirez is a ok fighter not good or elite

Comment

Ramirez is a KO waiting to happen.

Comment

Why would Ramirez turn down $2M to fight the guy who whooped Taylor, his daddy? That makes zero sense. Ramirez is nothing special. Let him go fight Richardson Hitchins. That's his level.

Comment

Working...
                    X