No announcement yet.

Gamboa Dropped From Latin Fury 10, Visa Issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamboa Dropped From Latin Fury 10, Visa Issue

Olympic gold medalist Yuriorkis Gamboa is unable to secure proper visas and permissions in time for Top Rank's 'Latin Fury 10' in Mexico and he is off the July 25 championship card. His bout will be rescheduled, Bob Arum said today. [details]

He should be used to getting dropped by now

Comment

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
        He should be used to getting dropped by now
        Bastard Perro. That was exactly what I was thinking. Good observation.

He should be able to pick himself up and come away victorious.

Comment

This year has been one boxing failure after another...WTF is going on.

Comment

I was looking forward to watching him on a free stream, oh well.

Comment

looks like I'm not getting this anymore.

Comment

When will chavez jr fight a high caliber top 10 opponent?

He's won 39x and undefeated against what???..........BUMS!!!

I guess they are targeting a 100x win without a loss for him against bums....

In the end.....what legacy will he bring?.....a tarnish Chavez legend legacy.......

Comment

Originally posted by DocG View Post
                  When will chavez jr fight a high caliber top 10 opponent?

He's won 39x and undefeated against what???..........BUMS!!!

I guess they are targeting a 100x win without a loss for him against bums....

In the end.....what legacy will he bring?.....a tarnish Chavez legend legacy.......
                  true, without a doubt Chavez jr is getting protected right now by fighting D level fighters. But you cant knock him quite yet. They are bringing him up very slowly which is probably the best way to do it right now. Slowly bring him up and give him confidence every step of the way. He is only 23 years old, so why throw a 23 year old into the open water if he is just getting his feet wet.
                  I like Chavez because of the way he fights. He goes to the body well, and has a lot of potential. He has a whole country behind him. I wouldn't want him 2 end up like Vargas, where he got thrown with the wolves at a really young age and ended up being washed up before he was like 28. I say by the time Chavez is 25 he should be fighting c+ fighters and up because he should be ready by then. And by the time he is 26-28 he should be fighting al the Top opponents. If not, then we could say he is a bum. But right now, it is to early to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
                    true, without a doubt Chavez jr is getting protected right now by fighting D level fighters. But you cant knock him quite yet. They are bringing him up very slowly which is probably the best way to do it right now. Slowly bring him up and give him confidence every step of the way. He is only 23 years old, so why throw a 23 year old into the open water if he is just getting his feet wet.
                    I like Chavez because of the way he fights. He goes to the body well, and has a lot of potential. He has a whole country behind him. I wouldn't want him 2 end up like Vargas, where he got thrown with the wolves at a really young age and ended up being washed up before he was like 28. I say by the time Chavez is 25 he should be fighting c+ fighters and up because he should be ready by then. And by the time he is 26-28 he should be fighting al the Top opponents. If not, then we could say he is a bum. But right now, it is to early to tell.
                    That has to be the most outrageous and uninformed thing I've read on here in quite some time. Chavez is a total bum!!!! The reason why he's not fighting any talent is because he lacks talent. He'd get knocked the **** out quick fast and in a hurry! What top rank is doing is dragging him alone because of his name. waiting for some weak contender to have the fight of his life and unseat a champion then they will slide Chavez in there. They will then make as money as possible until he has no choice but to fight a real top class fighter and they will be done once he gets exposed. He will then have earned enough money for his no talent ass to retire. That is the simple and plain truth of the matter. Anything else is wishful thinking from fans the really don't know boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X