No announcement yet.

“Lightweight Lightning” is Losing Its Luster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Lightweight Lightning” is Losing Its Luster

By Jake Donovan - It began as a card eagerly awaited by boxing fans, so much that they didn’t mind the $40 price tag that came along with April 4 pay-per-view show. A night of lightweights – past, present and future – in elimination style format, with the suggestion that the four winners would whittle down to two, and then down to a last man standing posing as the most formidable challenge to the division’s top prize. [details]

At this point, $40 is a robbery, they should try getting this on a BAD spot.

Comment

Originally posted by PlasticFlamingo View Post
      At this point, $40 is a robbery, they should try getting this on a BAD spot.
      im with you on this one....maybe @ $30, if i get some of the homies to pitch in. but then again i dont want to be answering the same questions on the day of the fight "who is this again?" and "who has he fought against?"

Comment

**** that $40 ****. I'll have to catch this one at my homey's house.

Comment

i think all ppv is a rip off but saying katsidis is only good for espn 2 fight night is an insult, he is the one im most looking forward to watching

Comment

Originally posted by lest26 View Post
            i think all ppv is a rip off but saying katsidis is only good for espn 2 fight night is an insult, he is the one im most looking forward to watching
            Looking at his last 2 fights...I would say hes only good for espn 2 fight nights lol.

Comment

Originally posted by AntDawg View Post
              Looking at his last 2 fights...I would say hes only good for espn 2 fight nights lol.
              losses against good opponents though, i mean when JMM beat Diaz ppl are raging its his bets win of his career and should be p4p1/2 so they aint losses to be ashamed of

Comment

Originally posted by lest26 View Post
                losses against good opponents though, i mean when JMM beat Diaz ppl are raging its his bets win of his career and should be p4p1/2 so they aint losses to be ashamed of
                The losses to Casamayor and Diaz are forgivable... but where he gets WAY overrated is the fact that he's never in his life defeated a legitimate Top 10 contender.

But that said, I called the Katsidis-Chavez matchup an ESPN2 level fight, not necessarily that Katsidis is an ESPN2-level fighter. He's worthy of the B-side on an HBO/Showtime telecast. Chavez isn't though, and in fact has been slumming on the Solo Boxeo circuit for a minute.

Comment

Ali Funeka should challenge Julio Diaz

Comment

This piece of **** ppv lost all its luster when it was announced.......

Comment

Working...
                    X