No announcement yet.

Tomasz Adamek-Johnathon Banks on February 27 in NJ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomasz Adamek-Johnathon Banks on February 27 in NJ

Newly-crowned IBF Cruiserweight Champion Tomasz “Goral” Adamek of Jersey City and Golwice, Poland returns to Newark’s Prudential Center on Friday, February 27th to make the first defense of his world title against Detroit’s undefeated Johnathon Banks when Main Events and Ziggy Promotions, in association with K2 Promotions, bring boxing back to “The Rock.” The inaugural event of Main Events’ “Brick City Boxing Series” at the Prudential Center also will be aired on Showtime as part of its ShoBox boxing series. [details]

jonathan banks????who the **** is that??

Comment

cruiserweight should be eliminated from the sport..i

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
        jonathan banks????who the **** is that??
        undefeated prospect up and comer who was going to fight enzo for belt but took this fight to be on tv in america prolly for more money. and he is someone who adamek thinks he can beat for title defense before he loses his belt back in the cunningham rematch

Comment

What a dumbass statement.

After Johnathon knocks out Adamek and becomes the American David Haye maybe at least people will take the time to spell his name right.

Comment

Cruiserweight division has produced some really good fights over the last 5-6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              What a dumbass statement.

After Johnathon knocks out Adamek and becomes the American David Haye maybe at least people will take the time to spell his name right.

I agree on the bold...

Other part I don't think so... We have yet to see Banks tested, and we don't know how his chin reacts to a world class fighter. Adamek has a great chin by the way.

Nonetheless... I am excited for the fight. It should be great.

Comment

Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
                Cruiserweight division has produced some really good fights over the last 5-6 years.
                Exactly. Both Mormeck-Bell fights, Haye's fights against Enzo and Mormeck. Cunningham stopping Huck late plus his fight with Adamek is FOTY material. Alexeev upset by an unrelenting and unknown slugger, Guillermo Jones going Muhammad Ali on First Arslan.

Some barnburners also like Yoan Pablo HErnandez getting smoked by Wayne Braithwaite and Banks' fight with Eliseo Castillo was dramatic and exciting as well.

If you live in Britain you can turn on your TV very couple months and watch Herbie Hide beat the snot out of some cab driver with a name nobody can pronounce.

Comment

Originally posted by Zocalo View Post
                  I agree on the bold...

Other part I don't think so... We have yet to see Banks tested, and we don't know how his chin reacts to a world class fighter. Adamek has a great chin by the way.

Nonetheless... I am excited for the fight. It should be great.
                  I know Adamek is the clear favorite and Banks doesen't have the greatest chin but he hits much harder and despite his chin Adamek was still hurt by the relatively light hitting Cunningham.

Adamek will come forward and give Banks his best chance to win the fight. Make no mistake either, Banks has legitimate knockout power in either hand. If he gets Adamek hurt he will be able to finish him.

Comment

One thing for sure is that I have never seen Adamek in a boring fight unlike most recent heavyweight fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X