Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton vs. Amir Kahn Eyed For Summer of 09?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Hatton vs. Amir Kahn Eyed For Summer of 09?

In what is arguably one of the biggest bouts that can be made on UK soil, Ricky Hatton and unbeaten lightweight star Amir Khan have expressed a lot of interest for a possible showdown to take place next summer. Both of them want it to happen and Wembley Stadium, which holds 100,000 fans, has been mentioned as the venue of choice. [details]

It won't happen.

Comment

This is a bit of a dream fight and is seems so far away from happening.

Comment

I dont think hatton would get by pacquiao if they fight 1st.

Comment

I really wanna see Pac fight Hatton. If Hatton beats Paulie and Manny, this would be a great fare well fight for him. We all know he doesnt plan on fighting much longer anyways, at this point he is looking to make a few more dollars, and do something people will remember him for, other than Tszyu and Mayweather fights.
          If everything goes well along the way, why not....

Comment

hatton won't make it past malignaggi, so eyeing a fight with khan is nothing more than an excuse for hatton to lean on wwhen he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              In what is arguably one of the biggest bouts that can be made on UK soil, Ricky Hatton and unbeaten lightweight star Amir Khan have expressed a lot of interest for a possible showdown to take place next summer. Both of them want it to happen and Wembley Stadium, which holds 100,000 fans, has been mentioned as the venue of choice. [details]
              khan hasn't even grabbed a belt at 135 or fought anyone significant. I doubt it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee1460 View Post
                hatton won't make it past malignaggi,
                Could well happen, I'm worried for Ricky, I'm a huge fan but I like Malignaggi's game.

I think it's tailor made to bust Ricky.

Paulie plays like me on fight night, jab jab jab speed speed speed.

Hope Ricky don't lose focus, or dare look ahead. I hope this trainer doesn't effect him.

Comment

Totally random fight. Khans too young, in experienced, light and not tough enough for Hatton.

I can't see the logic in it at all. Totally lacking inspiration, they have countless other more logical fights. I don't see Khan winning, so Hatton doesn't get much recognition for the above reasons, he's knocked out a fellow Mancunian Brit up and comer and probably seriously dented his career and confidence in the process. ****** fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                    Totally random fight. Khans too young, in experienced, light and not tough enough for Hatton.

I can't see the logic in it at all. Totally lacking inspiration, they have countless other more logical fights. I don't see Khan winning, so Hatton doesn't get much recognition for the above reasons, he's knocked out a fellow Mancunian Brit up and comer and probably seriously dented his career and confidence in the process. ****** fight.
                    Well they said the fight would be in the summer of 09, so we are talking about a full year away from now. And with Khan stepping it up in his next fight, its not impossible for him to be ready, a full year from now. Especially against a Hatton who is "on the slide".
                    As for size, Khan is a good four inches taller that Ricky, I wouldnt see him having any trouble with size.

Comment

Working...
                    X