No announcement yet.

Spotlight Boxing Wins Sturm-Griffin Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight Boxing Wins Sturm-Griffin Purse Bid

Spotlight Boxing won the purse bids on July24 for WBA middleweight champ Felix Sturmīs mandatory defense against American Randy Griffin. Spotlight beat both Arena Box Promotion, Don King Production and it's main company, Universum Box Promotion, with an offer for 1,678,555 USD. When and where the fight will happen is not clear but Spotlight have informed the WBA it could happen September 15 in Rostock on the Veit vs. Brahmer show, October 13 in Moscow on the Chagaev vs. Ibragimov bill or October 20 in Germany. The fact that Arena put pressure on Universum and Spotlight with their bid will surely add fuel to the fire that already burns between the three Hamburg based promotional outfits. [details]

would be nice if sturm made this defence in the USA but o well, havent seen randy griffen fight yet

Comment

Griffin reminds me of Vernon Forrest. I've only seen him fight live and I was far away from ringside, but that's what it looked like to me. I don't think he'll beat Sturm, but Sturm isn't that good, so he has a chance. ****, if a 50 year old man can KO Sturm, Griffin should be able to provided he lands.

Comment

Sturm said he'll come soon too the US to fight. I think that fight with castillo was an accident, he admitted himself that he didn't took castillejo serious in the first fight

Comment

I cant really blame sturm for not wanting to fight in the US. after the way he got robbed against oscar.. it was just sick.. boxing clinic.

Comment

Sturm talks a lot. "He wants to fight the best, he wants to fight Abraham, he wants to fight in the US" Unfortunately he hasn't done anything of the above mentioned yet.

Comment

Working...
            X