Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Blogs
Old

Best at Light-Flyweight

Posted 02-22-2009 at 06:11 PM by The Monk
To be honest, when I started my journey through all of boxings weight classes I couldn’t tell you much about Light Flyweight at all. I knew about the trilogy between the two hall of famers, Carbajal and Gonzalez, but that is about the limit of my knowledge. After a bit of research I became aware that the History of the division, albeit quite short, was an interesting one. Like many of the lower weight classes it is not viewed with much importance in the US and Europe, whereas in the Far East, where...
Secularist fo life!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Best at Straw-weight

Posted 02-12-2009 at 07:37 PM by The Monk
The 5 best at Straw-weight

1. Ricardo Lopez 51 (38) - 0 – 1

• Titles held: Lineal world title (1990-1999, 22 defences); WBC title (1990-1999, 21 defences); WBO title (1997, 0 defences); WBA title (1998-1999, 0 defences)
• Unbeaten at Straw-weight
• Notable wins on resume: Rosendo Alvarez, Alex Sanchez, Kermit Guardia, Manny Melchor, Samon Sorjaturong, Kyung-Yun Lee, Hideyuki Ohashi

* Moved up to Light-Flyweight and beat Will Grigsby...
Secularist fo life!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Who is Carl Froch?

Posted 12-27-2008 at 11:10 PM by The Monk
The question of ‘who is Carl Froch’ is one that has been asked by many followers of boxing in recent years. It is a question which has differing answers depending on who it is you are asking. One answer you could hear is that Froch is the much avoided, heavy hitting heir to the throne left vacant by Joe Calzaghe following his move to light heavyweight. The answer you are more likely to receive however is that Froch is the vastly overrated, stay at home brawler who will lose his unbeaten record when...
Secularist fo life!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Joe Calzaghe: An All Time Great?

Posted 11-09-2008 at 05:27 PM by The Monk
I have followed Joe Calzaghe’s career for the last seven years and from the first fight I saw live, against former title holder Byron Mitchell, I have been a fan. In the Mitchell fight Calzaghe showed the heart of a champion as he rose from the canvas to stop the heavy hitting Mitchell in the same round. The hand-speed and power I saw that night was something different from the rest of the stale British boxing scene, it was something special.

The defence against Mitchell was just...
Secularist fo life!
Posted in Uncategorized

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.