Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Blogs > LEFTYGUNZZ
Rate this Entry

the questions were asked..Should a fighter quit and when is it accepted?....Lefty

Posted 06-30-2009 at 10:26 AM by LEFTYGUNZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::WaRCoTTo::. View Post
DLH quit..he's close to being a Billionaire..seems like a winner to me
Vazquez quit..He's in the top 10 P4P list..seems like a winner to me
JCC quit..He's known as a Top 50 ATG..seems like a winner to me
Cotto quit..He's the WBO champ..just beat Clottey..and is on his way to fighting the Number 1 P4P fighter in the WORLD..seems like a winner to me..

the list can go on and on!!!..Quitting and Losing doesn't mean it's the end..he might lose the respect of many..but IMO..he's only human..and he's allowed to make his own decisions and mistakes and deal with the consequences..

But bottom line..I'm still a fan of Ortiz..and If he continues to fight on..I'll still anticipate his matches and root for him..a humble young man who went from rags to riches a lil too quick was overwhelmed by his own hype..he should come back with a new demeanor and should be well on his way back on the same road he was on prior to Saturday..with the right training and mentality of course!..
Vazquez - had his nose pushed to the other side of his face and couldnít breath. Breathing is an essential part of boxing. If you can't breath through your nose then you haev to keep your mouth open. Keeping you mouth open makes your much more vulnerable to getting KO'd and further injury.....

Oscar De la Hoya- Was getting pumbled for 8 rounds he had no chance to win the fight and his corner was going to stop the fight so was the reff...The reff told him serveral times Oscar show me something and he couldn't. They did not want to stop it because he is a ATG and a ICON iin the sport but eventually he was convinced to retire on his stool. BIG difference is he had no shot at winning that fight and never even hit Pacquiao with one really solid shot. 8 rounds to 0 he would have had to score a KO. More punishment made nosense at all....

Cotto- He took more punishment in that fight then a lot of boxers take in their entire careers. He was on his bicycle from round 1 and throwing tons of punches expedning lots of energy. He absorbed a lot of hard shots to the body much like Meldrick Taylor did against JCC. By the time he took a knee he had nothing left to give. The man fought a hard fight and was probably taking shots all night long from loaded wraps. I was watching the fight and I thought the ref should have stopped it after the first knockdown....

When you are a fighter you are a different kind of animal the fans are very demanding. The things that are expected of you are sometimes ridiculous but you know all this going in and you expect to get hurt it is part of the sport. We all have seen young fighters come up and we have the usual questions,

Does he have the stamina to go 12 rounds?

Can he take a punch?

What is he going to do when faced with an opponent that wonít fold?

How is he going to react when he is hurt?

These are all normal questions and they are part of this sport we know and love. When you are a fighter you are the last known form of a gladiator. You fight for sport and a purse. You do thing to your body that most would cringe at even the thought and you push it further. Sure you can ask of these so called fans what right do they have to say what they say about their favorite gladiators. The simple answer is when you fight for a purse you have to think about who is providing you that purse and in what manner you will have to perform to earn it. You can't expect to go into every fight and roll over your opponent. There are going to be times like Saturday night when you seem to be the favorite and you know what you are going to get tested in front of those so called fans. Ortiz gave us a great show but when some of those for mentioned questions were asked of him he gave us the wrong answers or maybe just the answers we didn't want to hear....All in all he is a good young talent but maybe he learned something about himself Saturday that he didnít know going in......you can never criticize someone until you walk in their shoes but anytime someone is performing for money and you are the one buying tickets and PPV then you can excursive your right to speak then and not buy what they are selling.....Lefty
Submit "the questions were asked..Should a fighter quit and when is it accepted?....Lefty" to Facebook Submit "the questions were asked..Should a fighter quit and when is it accepted?....Lefty" to Twitter Submit "the questions were asked..Should a fighter quit and when is it accepted?....Lefty" to Digg Submit "the questions were asked..Should a fighter quit and when is it accepted?....Lefty" to del.icio.us Submit "the questions were asked..Should a fighter quit and when is it accepted?....Lefty" to StumbleUpon Submit "the questions were asked..Should a fighter quit and when is it accepted?....Lefty" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1965 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    to go that extra mile is what seperates great boxers from good boxers... some people persist, some dont like gettin beat up

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.