Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Blogs > Betting stuff
List of my bets since I've run out of space
Rate this Entry

Margarito's resume was shit pre Clottey

Posted 11-27-2008 at 12:12 AM by warp1432
Updated 11-28-2008 at 02:32 PM by warp1432
I haven't done one of these in a long time, but instead of posting a thread and don't want to deal with all the useless replies and be called a Margarito hater (which might be true. I certainly don't like him or his style), but his resume was **** pre Clottey.

Seriously, it was ****ing bad man. His resume is good now with Cotto and Clottey, but in summer 2006 where Floyd was "ducking" him (which is a totally different subject matter, but completely untrue imo).

Margarito's top 5 wins before Joshua Clottey and Miguel Cotto:

1. Antonio Diaz: Antonio Diaz is pretty underrated and Margarito's best win. However Diaz lost to Shane Mosley before this and was still not great even if he was underrated. Good win, but really, if this is his top win? Really?

2. Sergio Martinez: Guy obviously impressed with Alex Buenma and we'll see how he'll go on with his career (I'm picking him to beat Forrest), but this guy was unknown at the time. It's a good win, but Martinez was unknown at the time. It could be his Glen Johnson to Bernard Hopkins win. (Last and only time I'm going to compare Margarito to Hopkins ever)

3. Kermit Cintron I: A lot of people would have this as number 1, but really Cintron isn't that good at all. Infact, he's a mental midget with power. He's limited and pretty crappy. Martinez and Diaz both would have crushed him.

4. Andrew Six Heads Lewis: This win would have been higher ranked if Mayorga hadn't previously KOd him in 6 rounds a bit before this. Margarito did it in two, but it's just an average win.

5. Sebastian Lujan: Lujan isn't that good or good at all, but it's Margarito's vicious performance that makes this come in at number 5.

And that's really it....I mean those are his top 5 wins. They aren't good at all. His resume is good now and looks to be shaping up, but seriously....a win over 37 year old Shane Mosley would be his second or third best win.

Shane Mosley isn't bad, he gave Cotto a good fight and beat Luis Collazo, but he looked pretty messy against Ricardo Mayorga in which other fighters have looked great. I think he'll be game and maybe win a couple rounds, but Margarito should win this pretty easy.
Submit "Margarito's resume was shit pre Clottey" to Facebook Submit "Margarito's resume was shit pre Clottey" to Twitter Submit "Margarito's resume was shit pre Clottey" to Digg Submit "Margarito's resume was shit pre Clottey" to del.icio.us Submit "Margarito's resume was shit pre Clottey" to StumbleUpon Submit "Margarito's resume was shit pre Clottey" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3156 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    i think the dream match is really a dream of ****roach and pakyaw. it wasnt even a fight who can fight if you get starved and the weight is not even proportioned to the height de lahoya should be at a 166lbs to be fit. he has 156lbs and yet has to lose more. its like a car without much gasoline. and how can he break a face that is already broken.
  2. Old
    and by the way ****roach said they adjusted the scale and cheated bcoz pukyaw weigh is more then that and delahoya will have fine if it is more then 147 so they adjusted it. hes crazy delahoya doenst own the scale. maybe next time they ****roach should bring their own scale. hes mean thats why he has parkinsons. the fight is not a fight it was a game a stupid game of ****roach and pukyaw.

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.