Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Blogs > LEFTYGUNZZ
Rate this Entry

More Rants From the Corner Of My Mind (non boxing)

Posted 03-16-2010 at 09:33 PM by LEFTYGUNZZ
It has been a while it is like I have been hlding back for some time now. Everything changes just like the seasons do and people can change too with out even knowing it. I look around and ask myself sometimes am I doing right? Am I really the person I want to be. The last few months have been up and down. A loss can sometimes be changed into a positive in life. You have o recongnize what is really important to you. It is hard but sometimes losing someone or something gives you that jolt to do some of the things you had been putting on the sidelines. You cannot be on the sidelines your whole life you need to get into the game you know? I have put somethings to the forefront of life. Made changes internally and watched things around me chage. It is funny when you change how your enviroment changes too. People who you thought were going to be there forever hold back and those who were not so important to you become more relivant in life. I wrote this the other day "sometimes we forget the people who were once so important in our lives. At the time it seems like we are going to hold on to them forever, but life takes its course and we grow apart. To me that doesn't mean the time we spent together should mean any less." I feel that is so true just looking at pictures and seeing times you lived and things you did makes you realize how important people were at one time in your life. How much you can miss those times and experiences but nothing can ever take those things away from you.

Some days i wake up and I look in the mirror and I feel selfish because I know I feel good and I am getting in better shape with each passing day mentally physically and spiritually. Can I fault myself for striving hard and doing what is best for me? I look at it two ways, one is you can crawl up in the fetal position and cry your eyes out (oh and I have) or you can put your head up stand up straight and walk tall. I gave it some serious thought soul searching and I found what Iwas looking for. Granted I am not complete ly happy in every aspect but who the hell is? I mean anyone who tells you they are completely happy in every aspect of life is lying. I just set smalls goals for myself thing I could reach and I worked at them. Life is hard and it has a weird sense of humor you can sometimes almost predict certain things you know. "Everyday you have to adjust your outlook on life your moods change like the seasons and you have to be able to deal with your worst enemy.....yourself....you can always find excuses to not accomplish your goals you have to look for reasons why you should." I wrote that and I thought of it as being some of the truest **** I ever wrote. I think you just need to find the positive in things even when they are bad. I know it is hard sometimes to do but you need to look at yourself and find the positives in you.

Relationships in life are difficult to maintain. People just want or expect too much from others sometimes. I remember my father telling me when I was about 8 or 9 "he said Thomas when you get older if you can count how many friends you have on one had you are a lucky man" I looked at him like he was crazy I was in a class of 25-30 kids in school and they were all my friends I had a group of firneds near my house that I played with. i was on a football team and hung out with some of the boys after practice. i figured I was going to have at least 20-30 good firends when I got older. I look at that moment frozen in time inside my head and I think WOW he was too right. I posted this as my status on f/b the other day. "Life is full of imperfect things.....and imperfect people. I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else. But what I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each others faults - and choosing to celebrate each others differences - is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship." I think of this and relate it too what my dad told me. True friends are for free but in most relationships people have uses for one another. It is a two way street you get something so you give something in return. Whether or not it is material is not important. It may just be an ear to listen to you when you are down or a person to hold you hand when you need to be comforted. A friend that cost too much is a friend that makes you choose between them and others. People sell out their friends mostly due to jealousy or envy. They want what others have unfortunatley trusting someone enough to be friends with them makes you vulnerable to getting played by them. It is often your best friend that betrays you takes your woman or steals from you. True firends have no price tag and can be trusted but in perfect world we would all have true friends.

Through out life we look around and certain things are constant. Hopefully you are fortunate to have your parents in your life or cyblings that you are close with. I remember always hearing people say "you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family" this is very true and sometimes your family is chosing for you. Go figure right? In life you you look for things that are constant peopl just don't like change. At least they don't like quick changes systematic changes things that change gradiually are hard enough to deal with. No one likes the rug pulled out from under them right? I tell you there are many different ways to look thngs btu some people only know of one. The decisions we make in life lead us down the path. We can choose direction, who to love, where to live, & right from worng. We all make mistakes, we can be misled. The people who love us can help to steer us in the right direction & to make right choices. It is up to the people we wrong to forgive us & for us to forgive those who wrong us. There are many things I can swallow but this one left me with a lump in my throat. People all need a way to release their inner stress for me it is to work out and write things down. The hardest part in life is trying to udnerstand certain things in which we don't need to understand just be sympathetic to it. Somethings don't require much thought just action.

FAMILY FIRST
Submit "More Rants From the Corner Of My Mind (non boxing)" to Facebook Submit "More Rants From the Corner Of My Mind (non boxing)" to Twitter Submit "More Rants From the Corner Of My Mind (non boxing)" to Digg Submit "More Rants From the Corner Of My Mind (non boxing)" to del.icio.us Submit "More Rants From the Corner Of My Mind (non boxing)" to StumbleUpon Submit "More Rants From the Corner Of My Mind (non boxing)" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1132 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.