Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Blogs > LEFTYGUNZZ
Rate this Entry

End Of The Year 2009, Time For A New Begining 2010, Questions in My head (non boxing)

Posted 01-05-2010 at 09:26 AM by LEFTYGUNZZ
When you reflect on certain things in life you sit and wonder sometimes did I really live through that? You think about times past and people you have come into contact with and ask yourself did I really have an impact on their lives did I touch their heart? At the time it seems what is happening and what you are doing will last forever, it is like we never see it changing. Why is it that we as people always think that change will never come and to top that off when it does we seem surprised, sometimes even angry. We live in a world based on change constant improvement to a perfect place. Yeah think about that and run it back to yourself. Constant improvement to a perfect place? Well you ask yourself if it is so perfect then why is it constantly changing or improving. How do you improve something that is already perfect? The answer is simple to remain perfect you must always be open to change. Hmm…. I sit here and I think about that statement sometimes. It seems like a riddle or something you might read in a poem or maybe this is a poem or is it? Constant questions loom largely in your inner most subconscious. Some you might know can be as shallow as a puddle in a New York street others might be as deep as an ocean four miles off the coast. It really depends on what you are prepared to ponder and dream about. One of the most interesting things I read on a subway poster was “A man sees the world as vividly as he sees his own mind” Makes sense I remember when I was doing telemarketing in the mid 90’s and the pit boss as we called Greg Rubin used to say when you talk to possible investors don’t think of a sale with your pockets think with his. I guess it has some relation because not everyone has the same size bank account and not everyone has the same imagination either.

If you could design the world specifically upon what your mind’s eye could see than the world would only be as vivid as the mind who designed it right? But what it there was a more imaginative mind? Then the world could possibly be better? Well it would change if that person had some input. Everything basically happens in cycles right? Isn’t this why we study history? I remember my first grade social studies teacher telling me “we study and learn from the past so we can prevent it from happening again. It is the world’s way to learn from its mistakes” The fact remain that a lot like an individual sometimes people have to learn the hard way and make the mistakes to really absorb the lesson. Unfortunately this may be hard but even then some people don’t learn. What is a mistake when it becomes repetitive? Is it a sickness or a habit something we need counseling for or some kind of treatment? More questions right? Yes I know and I think to myself often I say self I am now a father and parent to three children and someday I am going to have answer question I may or may not know the answers too. You know what I say to that form an opinion. The great thing about opinions are they are almost never wrong. Everyone has an opinion on things and is quick to give them sometimes even when they are not asked. The difference between the average opinion and the one I want to form is mine needs to be educated. I will educate myself to certain things allowing me to form an opinion based upon facts. Hmm maybe that can help me along my journey in life and answer some of the question asked by my children in the future? Yes I think that may be able to help.

I remember when I was in high school taking sequential math and going through the pains of trying to absorb algebraic expressions and other mathematical theories. I often asked my mother “why do I need to learn this. Will I ever use it in life?” Years later I realized that those problems I learned and theories that were so unimportant to the average Joe really are. It is not the actual answers or problems that help you but the problem solving that is the key to life. It teaches you how to break down a situation and use your brain to think and figure out the best to attack the problem. This works with any problem in life. Whether it is a issue with one of your children or just trying to figure out the best way to get from point A to point B. All this is related to using our minds to figure out the best way to get things done and fix the problem at hand. Some problems in life have no true answer or way to fix them just simply a way to deal with it. All life’s cycles complete one way or another. We as people try to prevent that from happening or prolong it. Whether it is getting older and aging or preventing sickness or disease. When it comes to certain things we take a selfish interest and try to invent a way to stop them from happening. It is like I sit at home now a days and watch TV and it seems they have some kind of medication for every known possible symptom to man. They got pills to increase sex drive, others for restless legs syndrome. It is crazy and everyone has some side effects to top that off most f the side effects are worse than the actual problem the pill is trying to prevent. I was watching Robin Williams “Weapons of self destruction” on HBO the other night and I swear sometimes comedy is so true it makes you laugh when it even isn’t really funny. He was saying how when he was a young man 25 years ago his doctor was telling him “Robin you got to stop doing drugs. Drugs are bad for you” then he say now sh*t has changed . Every time he sees his doctor he is trying to push new meds on him. It is like his doctor has become his dealer now”. Tables have turned in this country. The wars on drugs has become the war between pharmaceutical companies now. Instead of worrying about kids getting hooked on cocaine and other street pharmaceuticals now we have to worry about them getting high from their parent medicine cabinet. More people are hooked on prescription drugs than any other drug. To tell you truth it makes me really sit here and wonder.

Like I said life is full of cycles and we as human try to prevent the almost certain from happening. One thing we can never prevent is death. I remember when I was a kid my mom telling me a story about Walt Disney being frozen at the time of his death. She said he had so much money he was frozen and he hoped that one day he would be brought back to life when they had a cure for whatever it was he died from. I was watching some channel a few months back with Lex and they had a special on people who had been saved by being chilled at the time of their heart attacks or strokes whatever it was that was attempting to take their lives. They said that the common belief was when someone gets cold during these types of event was to cover them up and keep them warm but it seems the opposite. That the coldness stops the brain cells from dying it slows down the death process and prevented these people from dying. So that when their heart was jump started they were able to be brought back. I was sitting there saying to myself hmmm. Will Walt Disney ever be brought back to life? Maybe he was not too far off in his thinking? I don’t know if he himself will ever walk again or breath but in the future other rich and famous people with the right kind of 000 behind their bank accounts might. Really to think in the future we might be able to prevent death or at least prolong it right? Prolong it for a lot longer than we can now.

This brings me right back to my original question when I started this blog today. When you reflect on certain things in life you sit and wonder sometimes did I really live through that? You think about times past and people you have come into contact with and ask yourself did I really have an impact on their lives did I touch their heart? I ask myself this often and I look into the eyes of my children and say most definitely. I often say things I remember my parents and my uncles saying when I was a child. The slang we use in everyday talk we pick up from those we choose surround ourselves with. The more and more time we spend around certain people we pick up a little piece of what it is that makes them who they are. That is why it is said that married couples start be very much alike after spending so much time with each other. They say they even look alike. I don’t know how true the second statement is but I believe the first statement. It all depends on how much of ourselves we are willing to share with those we come in contact with. The more we share the more we touch their hearts. Our children are the ones that are most affected by this exchange. It happens through genetics and also through habit and learning. I think of this when I do and say certain things and then a few days later my five year old Christian repeats it or says daddy you remember when you said this. We forget what it is to be children and when our parents were our whole world. Everything comes full circle and the best part of life is it is always changing. People are bored with life but none stop to think what always changes never stays the same right? So how can that be boring. In 2010 I look forward to new things and improvements overall to my well being as a person. In life you have to be ready for a challenge and the thought of anything that is too easy is not worth doing at all comes to mind when I say that. So to everyone who is reading this now enjoy your holiday and best to you all in the coming year.

This is dedicated to my father Frank Vitale whom I lost in 2009.
FRANK J. VITALE
11/26/56 – 9/27/09
“Forever in our hearts”

Submit "End Of The Year 2009, Time For A New Begining 2010, Questions in My head (non boxing)" to Facebook Submit "End Of The Year 2009, Time For A New Begining 2010, Questions in My head (non boxing)" to Twitter Submit "End Of The Year 2009, Time For A New Begining 2010, Questions in My head (non boxing)" to Digg Submit "End Of The Year 2009, Time For A New Begining 2010, Questions in My head (non boxing)" to del.icio.us Submit "End Of The Year 2009, Time For A New Begining 2010, Questions in My head (non boxing)" to StumbleUpon Submit "End Of The Year 2009, Time For A New Begining 2010, Questions in My head (non boxing)" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1315 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.