Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Blogs > Betting stuff
List of my bets since I've run out of space
Rate this Entry

If Pacquiao KOs Hatton sooner then Mayweather did...

Posted 02-17-2009 at 01:00 AM by warp1432
Then that does not take away Mayweather's win at all. Is it more impressive then Mayweather's? That all depends on how Pacquiao does before then.

I seem to be one of the fans other then Floyd nuthuggers who actually give Floyd credit for his win over Hatton. It's not about Hatton's size. Hatton came in well pre pared at 147 this time around. It's not about Joe Cortez. What impressed me about Mayweather's victory is how he fought Hatton's fight, broke him down, and then KOd him late in the fight. I don't think anyone expected Mayweather to do that (except Emmanuel Steward because he always expects the outcome).

If Pacquiao KOs Hatton before 10, I think it's just as impressive. Pacquiao isn't that much smaller then Hatton (nor Mayweather for that matter), but it doesn't change the fact that Pacquiao had most of his fights at lower weights.

Pacquiao's speed will be the undoing of Hatton unless Hatton's defense vastly improves by the Pacquiao fight.

I think they are going to be two different fights and it's useless to compare them. Same as how you can't compare Mayweather-DLH to Pacquiao DLH.
Submit "If Pacquiao KOs Hatton sooner then Mayweather did..." to Facebook Submit "If Pacquiao KOs Hatton sooner then Mayweather did..." to Twitter Submit "If Pacquiao KOs Hatton sooner then Mayweather did..." to Digg Submit "If Pacquiao KOs Hatton sooner then Mayweather did..." to del.icio.us Submit "If Pacquiao KOs Hatton sooner then Mayweather did..." to StumbleUpon Submit "If Pacquiao KOs Hatton sooner then Mayweather did..." to Google
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old

just plain jiberrish

if pacmac kos hatton it will be impressive because just the simple fact that hatton is really strong at 140lbs and not at 147lbs.it will be a good match up but hatton is more crisp and technical boxer than wild off balance pacman.although it can go either way because these guys are going to brawl ala gotti-ward fight and it will be exciting!!
  2. Old
    Hatton is "strong" at 147. Mayweather was just the better fighter. Hatton came in better prepared for 147 this time by weighing in at 145. He only blew up to 154 over night, unlike the 161 he did for Collazo. He fit the weight, Mayweather was just the better fighter.

Also Pacquiao is the better technical fighter imo. He actually knows how to use his right hand, defend, and box more. Hatton isn't a bad boxer, but I don't think he's as techinical as Pacquiao.

That being said, these guys both don't classify as boxers. They are swarmers. It'll make for a really good fight.

Also I never said Pacquiao KOing Hatton wouldn't be impressive. I'm just saying, it doesn't take away from Mayweather's win like some other people have.

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.