View Full Version : Britain the worst for justice..

col Blake
12-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Britain is the now in my opinion the worst county in the world for appalling refereeing and judges decisions. Italy and Germany were always regarded as the corrupt countries when it came to decisions, regarding fighters from over sees, but Britain with the likes of John Coyle, Dave Parris refereeing and judging you have know chance if you are an over seas fighter coming to Britain. Any African fight trying to win a commonwealth title has to knock his opponent out to get a draw. If a British fighter gets a bum division i.e. Robin Reid v Sven Ottke thereís hell to pay. I feel there has to be an overhaul with in the judging system in this country before we become a laughing stock, we were regarded as a country where fairness was a by-word for are boxing officials. Is it deliberate to get back at the Wops and Krauts who have used this technique to holed on to titles that their fighters donít deserve.

Mr. Ryan
12-04-2006, 04:55 PM
After watching beer bottles rain down on Hagler after he stopped Alan Minter, I wouldn't recommend any fighter from another country fighting in England.

Mr. Ryan
12-04-2006, 04:56 PM
To be fair though, what those judges did to Lennox Lewis in the Garden against Evander Holyfield was nothing short of criminal, and they should've been thrown in jail.

!!! Beowulf !!!
12-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Such an obvious alt.

Southpaw Stinger
12-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Britain is the now in my opinion the worst county in the world for appalling refereeing and judges decisions. Italy and Germany were always regarded as the corrupt countries when it came to decisions, regarding fighters from over sees, but Britain with the likes of John Coyle, Dave Parris refereeing and judging you have know chance if you are an over seas fighter coming to Britain. Any African fight trying to win a commonwealth title has to knock his opponent out to get a draw. If a British fighter gets a bum division i.e. Robin Reid v Sven Ottke thereís hell to pay. I feel there has to be an overhaul with in the judging system in this country before we become a laughing stock, we were regarded as a country where fairness was a by-word for are boxing officials. Is it deliberate to get back at the Wops and Krauts who have used this technique to holed on to titles that their fighters donít deserve.

what an alt!

Shanus
12-04-2006, 06:44 PM
After watching beer bottles rain down on Hagler after he stopped Alan Minter, I wouldn't recommend any fighter from another country fighting in England.

How long ago was that? lol, that couldn't happen today.

And America is the worst of all for robbing fighters as of recent times.

Likely_Lad
12-05-2006, 05:29 AM

That was about 25 years or so ago???

GEOFFHAYES
12-05-2006, 06:29 AM

That was a long time ago. Boxing is simply not a big deal in Britain anymore, there are no hardcore fans. There was a big crackdown after the arena riots with McCracken's fans (Birmingham City soccer hooligans) and Steve Foster Sr's boys, it actually occured during Nigel Benn's fight with Giminez and was on Showtime, Benn was looking over his shoulder in the fourth round and distracted and it was a very strange atmosphere. It made some news in the States even.

That was a strange fight, Giminez was only a very late replacement for Darrin Van Horn as well. Benn apologised in his Showtime post-fight interview for both his poor performance and the disgraceful behaviour of the thugs in the crowd, he said he'd make up for it by knocking out Michael Nunn in Decemeber.

There was also nasty incidents at the Frank Tate-Tony Sibson bill in Stafford, Benn was chief support but didn't see the title fight because CS gas was squirted in his and Sean Lynch's face as they were walking back to the ring after his victory. One side of Sean's face was burnt and Benn began vomiting and was rushed to hospital. Police thought the problems involved Sibson supporters in Leicester and the East End boys (Benn's supporters), but Benn's brother John said the Leicester crowd were trying to get revenge on London lads whom they wrongly thought had been Nigel's supporters, he said stewards had to seperate the warring sections.

More nasty incidents include Eubank almost being killed on the way back to the locker room after both Watson fights, people genuinely wanted to lynch him. He was covered in spit, had coins thrown at him, sick verbals launched at him, his body grabbed, bruised and scratched, it took tonnes of security guards, stewards and police to protect him. And, Benn's East End lads beating the living **** out of the Italian's in Italy outside of the arena, when Benn won the WBC title. Benn himself had been spat at and coins thrown at him etc by Galvano's crowd ala Hagler-Minter, so the East End lads sliced their faces off.

col Blake
12-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Bowe vs Golota now that had great ring side violence, Bowe crippled, Lou Duva stretcherd out, black new Yorkers reverting to type, great stuff.

Flagellum Dei
12-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Bowe vs Golota now that had great ring side violence, Bowe crippled, Lou Duva stretcherd out, black new Yorkers reverting to type, great stuff.

Yea, letting in those people for free was madness, how did Bowe think those people would repay, by throwing garlands of flowers! Certainly not by running riot, hitting each other with chairs, power bombing each other and stuff!

Underneath the ring there was probably a road sign, fire extinguisher and sledge hammer - it was farcical like like many other American sports i.e American football what the hell is that about; and the UFC, it's more choreographed than wrestling *oh lets rolls around on the floor for a bit*!

Having no police was just stupidity! Although Bowe was partially to blame, he was getting a good hiding and did play on those low blows way to much! Even Lou Duva could have took those shots! Just as well he didn't get in with Lewis as he would have lasted 30 seconds! And commenters were claiming that Lou Duva had been stabbed at one point!

A question to the American users, how come UFC fighters win world championships, when they are the only country that actually compete, same with world series baseball?!?! You need a national sports like quiots!

GEOFFHAYES
12-05-2006, 06:17 PM
More nasty incidents include Eubank almost being killed on the way back to the locker room after both Watson fights, people genuinely wanted to lynch him. He was covered in spit, had coins thrown at him, sick verbals launched at him, his body grabbed, bruised and scratched

He suffered whiplash as well, after first Watson.

Flagellum Dei
12-05-2006, 06:21 PM
You gotta admit, Henry Cooper being hit on the head with a beer bottle at the Hagler was pretty funny!

col Blake
12-06-2006, 06:02 AM
You gotta admit, Henry Cooper being hit on the head with a beer bottle at the Hagler was pretty funny!
One of boxings great moments, if your fighter can't win smash the place up.