View Full Version : This is a great quote

platinummatt!
12-03-2006, 06:57 AM
From a kid rock song, prodigal song. "money money money aint **** to me, but I got to make a lot just to be free" I can empathise, and I will relate to that when Im older. I bet lots of people here too can empathise or relate. I mean money really, what bull****?! But we have to make it to be free.... or so it would seem?

The Noose
12-03-2006, 10:12 AM
From a kid rock song, prodigal song. "money money money aint **** to me, but I got to make a lot just to be free" I can empathise, and I will relate to that when Im older. I bet lots of people here too can empathise or relate. I mean money really, what bull****?! But we have to make it to be free.... or so it would seem?

And there i was expecting Plato. :rolleyes:

BrooklynBomber
12-03-2006, 02:26 PM
I like the quote in my sig.

platinummatt!
12-03-2006, 02:55 PM
thats a good point

* FeistyWench *
12-03-2006, 03:42 PM

money can't BUY happiness, but it sure can make life a little easier so you can enjoy life a bit more. #1 cause of divorce: money problems

The Noose
12-04-2006, 04:07 AM
Also, id say freedom is subjective.

There are people i know who earn just enough to be able to do what they want, and go where they please. It depends what u want in life.

* FeistyWench *
12-04-2006, 11:40 AM

There are people i know who earn just enough to be able to do what they want, and go where they please. It depends what u want in life.

btw bobby, your avatar is disturbing.
it could use a pair of lacy thong panties in the background. lol! ;)

platinummatt!
12-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Yeh, it was freedom, not happiness. Yeh its a super grey area

The Noose
12-04-2006, 11:49 AM
btw bobby, your avatar is disturbing.
it could use a pair of lacy thong panties in the background. lol! ;)

Gimmie a mo....

I thought my retarded gimp avatar was amusing. Just tryin to bring some joy to the world is all.

* FeistyWench *
12-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Gimmie a mo....

I thought my retarded gimp avatar was amusing. Just tryin to bring some joy to the world is all.

joy for the holidays?
lol!

just happen to have one of those S&M masks in the closet, did you?
lol! just joking.

* FeistyWench *
12-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Yeh, it was freedom, not happiness. Yeh its a super grey area

you don't need money to be free.

platinummatt!
12-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Depends what you count as freedom really. I send you a message and you dont reply!

* FeistyWench *
12-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Depends what you count as freedom really. I send you a message and you dont reply!

i didn't reply because when i read it i didn't have time to respond, then i forgot to respond when i DID have time. sorry. i only get a few free moments per day so don;t take it personally, matty.

freedom, to me, is the free will. freedom to make your own decisions - freedom to express yourself, etc. and that doesn;t take money.

as i said earlier, i think many mean happiness or satisfaction with life and this is often dependent upon money to some degree

Exige Jr
12-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Best one for a while that I remembered I was told way back in about 2001.

"Power is perceived not received". Doesn't make sense unless you say it in perspective... it was said in perspective when it was said to me, so it made a lot of sense. Also the fundamental rule when facing a rival in the ring...

platinummatt!
12-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Yeh, thats ok Feisty, when you say matty is sounds really patronising, are you trying to sound patonising> cool quote exige

* FeistyWench *
12-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Yeh, thats ok Feisty, when you say matty is sounds really patronising, are you trying to sound patonising> cool quote exige

no, i am not trying to be patronizing. it was your pet name - kinda cute.
sorry. i shall not call you it again. :tapedshut

platinummatt!
12-04-2006, 12:17 PM
You can call me it lol, I just wanted to check you werent saying it to be patronising. Hows things?

* FeistyWench *
12-04-2006, 12:25 PM
You can call me it lol, I just wanted to check you werent saying it to be patronising. Hows things?

things are tough right now but i am surviving.

i know that in time all will be well, so it's just a matter of getting through this rough patch.

how are things with you?

are women still evil devil spawn?
lol! ;)

Exige Jr
12-04-2006, 12:27 PM
things are tough right now but i am surviving.

i know that in time all will be well, so it's just a matter of getting through this rough patch.

how are things with you?

are women still evil devil spawn?
lol! ;)
Explain to me how things are tough for you, i'll explain how my life is less than simple.

We can solve our problemo's.

platinummatt!
12-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeh not too bad thankyou. Got my mock tests at the moment, had a bone biopsy the other day, women I dont know about at the moment lol...

KingDosia
12-04-2006, 12:52 PM
I like this one from Albert Einstein on life
If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut....

Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
Socrates

another one for you platinum
Wisdom outweighs any wealth.
Sophocles:

platinummatt!
12-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Last one was good, others were good to

* FeistyWench *
12-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeh not too bad thankyou. Got my mock tests at the moment, had a bone biopsy the other day, women I dont know about at the moment lol...

bone biopsy??? what are they looking for? doesn't sound fun...

* FeistyWench *
12-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Explain to me how things are tough for you, i'll explain how my life is less than simple.

We can solve our problemo's.

i hate to be a whiner and most people don't like to come on a forum to hear other people's problems...so i'll spare you...

but i'd be happy to hear your woes. lol!

platinummatt!
12-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Seeing what the problem was in my hip. The needle bent though, twice lol

* FeistyWench *
12-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Seeing what the problem was in my hip. The needle bent though, twice lol

good god! poor thing!

so you are having pain in your hip?

platinummatt!
12-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Ive had the problem for like 11 years lol. theyve done one before.... lots of examination loads of stuff.

Sin City
12-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Money, get away
Get a good job with more pay and your O.K.
Money it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a football team
Money get back
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off my stack.
Money it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bull****
I'm in the hi-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet
Money it's a crime
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie
Money so they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a rise it's no surprise that they're
giving none away

....sorry got carried away!

phallus
12-04-2006, 08:57 PM

yeah, this reminds me of this time i met this tramp lady hitchhiking across the country. the way she talked to me made me realize she was free and i was the slave...also, i'd have given anyhting to fornicate with her. her legs were amazing, so long and so toned

Gimmie a mo....

b0Bby, i wanna fornicate with u

I like this one from Albert Einstein on life
If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut....

Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
Socrates

another one for you platinum
Wisdom outweighs any wealth.
Sophocles:

without wisdom, u'll be separated from your money pretty fast

The Noose
12-05-2006, 05:16 AM
yeah, this reminds me of this time i met this tramp lady hitchhiking across the country. the way she talked to me made me realize she was free and i was the slave...also, i'd have given anyhting to fornicate with her. her legs were amazing, so long and so toned

A lady hobbo with great legs! Thats quite a vision.
U didnt even offer her a bath? Or a hairy shag for the road?

phallus
12-05-2006, 11:52 PM
A lady hobbo with great legs! Thats quite a vision.
U didnt even offer her a bath? Or a hairy shag for the road?

i wanted to give her a hairy shag, but i knew she would have said " i've had better ". i still think about her, giving her that hairy shag, though, evrytime i shake hands with the sherriff

BuddyChacon
12-05-2006, 11:54 PM
"No matter how many places you've been or how many women you've been with, once in awhile one of them comes along and cuts right through you." My favorite quote, learn it, know it, live it.

phallus
12-05-2006, 11:59 PM
"No matter how many places you've been or how many women you've been with, once in awhile one of them comes along and cuts right through you." My favorite quote, learn it, know it, live it.

that's a good quote, i've felt that many times... i met a woman like that a couple weeks ago, in fact

MANGLER
12-26-2009, 04:40 AM

Nobody can live without $. Gotta eat, need a roof over your head, need clothes, need a car.

It's weird how people get depressed when they rich. I could easily live my life on a million dollars.