-----------
12-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Complete set-up

or good prospect???

FeelTheA-Force
12-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Complete set-up

or good prospect???

complete set up.. hes has a glass jaw...

and when gavin ree's fights him and beats him.. every1 will shut up about him.(nothing personal to you thou )

number6
12-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Complete set-up

or good prospect???

I think he is a little bit of both.
A talented young fighter who will be protected for a few years.

Southpaw Stinger
12-02-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm thinkin he'll be taken down when he actually fights someone who knows how to punch.

rooq
12-03-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm thinkin he'll be taken down when he actually fights someone who knows how to punch.

assuming his defence doesn't improve.

Southpaw Stinger
12-03-2006, 11:37 AM
assuming his defence doesn't improve.

He needs to get hit by someone who can punch in order to learn to improve his defense I think. He'll get overconfident in there if he keeps fighting foam knuckles.

Shanus
12-03-2006, 11:37 AM

and when gavin ree's fights him and beats him.. every1 will shut up about him.(nothing personal to you thou )

How do you know he has a glass jaw? He hasn't been down OR hurt.

His defense lacks though.

Oasis_Lad
12-03-2006, 11:39 AM
a fast counter puncher with decent power would beat him imo

rooq
12-03-2006, 01:07 PM
the biggest thing that annoys me when khan fights is when barry mcguigan gets asked afterwards....."so HOW good is Amir Khan, Barry?"

on the other hand i don't think we can complain as there wouldn't be boxing on itv without khan.

FeelTheA-Force
12-03-2006, 01:50 PM

in the amateurs he was knocked down many times. and a few times knocked the fuk out too.

TheIce
12-03-2006, 07:37 PM
in the amateurs he was knocked down many times. and a few times knocked the fuk out too.

That prove you are talking **** and khan hater.

Khan was knocked down ONCE in amateur, not many time you fool.

What the big deal? Mayweather, Ali, Hatton was knocked down as well.

Katz
12-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Amir Khan is a bum and a bum beater! waste of time.. he rather sell BALUT!

Shanus
12-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Amir Khan is a bum and a bum beater! waste of time.. he rather sell BALUT!

Easy, he hasn't even had 10 pro fights yet.

He's still on level competition with the likes of Vanes and Escobedo.

Katz
12-04-2006, 01:57 AM

em juz kidding mate.. :D

FeelTheA-Force
12-04-2006, 04:39 AM

Gavin Ree's
Kevin Mitchell

would be great fights for him.. IF he can beat them.. which i doubt

Hard Chaw
12-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Gavin Ree's
Kevin Mitchell

would be great fights for him.. IF he can beat them.. which i doubt

Kevin Mitchell looks a good prospect, good hitter and can take a punch. Not seen many Gavin Ree's fights thou so cant comment. Shame Frank warren wont let Amir fight each of them for a long time yet , as im sure he'll want to keep there 0's.

Dockers_ABC
12-04-2006, 06:23 PM
kahns good but thats all he is,GOOD

gangland_kingpi
12-05-2006, 07:54 PM
I think he is a little bit of both.
A talented young fighter who will be protected for a few years.

I have to agree with this guy, give Khan a chance if it wasn't for him we would have no boxing on terrestrial TV at all. In the UK that is.

Liaison
12-05-2006, 08:20 PM
So why are the British Sports Media obsessed with him? Is it because of age, ethnic background, undefeated, personality, what? There***8217;s loads of promising up and coming talent in the UK like Daws, Anderson and Cook with no attention, even established guys like Witter and Woods that doesn***8217;t get recognition (from what I gather) with the country wide media..

col Blake
12-06-2006, 06:10 AM
So why are the British Sports Media obsessed with him? Is it because of age, ethnic background, undefeated, personality, what? There***8217;s loads of promising up and coming talent in the UK like Daws, Anderson and Cook with no attention, even established guys like Witter and Woods that doesn***8217;t get recognition (from what I gather) with the country wide media..
Khan ticks all the boxes in the new PC world, we have got to keep the Muslam people happy.

Southpaw Stinger
12-06-2006, 09:00 AM
So why are the British Sports Media obsessed with him? Is it because of age, ethnic background, undefeated, personality, what? There’s loads of promising up and coming talent in the UK like Daws, Anderson and Cook with no attention, even established guys like Witter and Woods that doesn’t get recognition (from what I gather) with the country wide media..

It's not because of personality because he hasn't got one.

Britain always goes crazy over it's olympic champs, even though he only actually got silver and not gold (somthing Audley managed to get!) the latter proving that a good amateur doesn't always make a good pro.

rooq
12-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Khan ticks all the boxes in the new PC world, we have got to keep the Muslam people happy.

ah right...so its a mass conspiracy. all the non-muslim supporters of khan are only supporting him to keep the muslims happy.

that was the worst post you've ever made.

kerrminator
12-07-2006, 02:22 AM
Khan cannot be judged until he meets a fighter who hits back. His defence is **** and we dont know what will happen once he gets tagged on the chin by a decent young fighter.

Andre Berto.......now thats a prospect from the olympics thats well worth keeping an eye on.

Southpaw Stinger
12-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Khan cannot be judged until he meets a fighter who hits back. His defence is **** and we dont know what will happen once he gets tagged on the chin by a decent young fighter.

Andre Berto.......now thats a prospect from the olympics thats well worth keeping an eye on.

Thats what I'm saying. Plenty of decent prospects out there and Khan is the only one with publicity.

col Blake
12-07-2006, 09:29 AM
How did you come up with that Conclusion you stupid prick, the whole country is walking on egg shells Why do the BBC and now the local authority wheel him out when there is any trouble within the community.
The only conspiracy i can think of is the local mental health team let you out to see what arseholes can do in the community.

col Blake
12-07-2006, 10:04 AM
How did you come up with that Conclusion you stupid prick, the whole country is walking on egg shells Why do the BBC and now the local authority wheel him out when there is any trouble within the community.
The only conspiracy i can think of is the local mental health team let you out to see what arseholes can do in the community.
the post above was for knob head rooq.

rooq
12-07-2006, 02:56 PM

save it for tha BNP meeting, "colonel"

rooq
12-07-2006, 03:02 PM
the post above was for knob head rooq.

i'm genuinely sorry to have upset you so much as to draw your insults. next time i spot a nazi i'll :tapedshut

col Blake
12-08-2006, 05:24 AM
I think you will find i'm a communist, anyone who is Patriotic is a Nazi sympathizer , I have spent my life fighting the National front, it***8217;s Knob cheese like you that gives them the air to breath.

col Blake
12-08-2006, 05:39 AM
I think you will find i'm a communist, anyone who is Patriotic is a Nazi sympathizer , I have spent my life fighting the National front, it***8217;s Knob cheese like you that gives them the air to breath.
its should say is thought a Nazi sympathizer type o.

Flagellum Dei
12-08-2006, 08:55 AM
save it for tha BNP meeting, "colonel"

I find it amusing that you could label anyone a Nazi, after all you're the one who will not tolerate anyone else's opinion, isn't that fascism? Don't get me wrong, there are lots of people and viewpoints that I disagree with, but I truly believe that people have the right to express them! 'I might not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to death so you have the right to say it' - there, look that up!

Do you want Christmas and Easter banned too? Accept that other people have opinions and values/beliefs that differ from yours and move on! We didn't have this trouble in the 70's because people were allowed to express an opinion without fear of prejudice! This is a forum for 'debate', if you don't like that then find yourself a knitting class!

rooq
12-08-2006, 02:25 PM
I find it amusing that you could label anyone a Nazi, after all you're the one who will not tolerate anyone else's opinion, isn't that fascism? Don't get me wrong, there are lots of people and viewpoints that I disagree with, but I truly believe that people have the right to express them! 'I might not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to death so you have the right to say it' - there, look that up!

Do you want Christmas and Easter banned too? Accept that other people have opinions and values/beliefs that differ from yours and move on! We didn't have this trouble in the 70's because people were allowed to express an opinion without fear of prejudice! This is a forum for 'debate', if you don't like that then find yourself a knitting class!

when did i "not tolerate" an opinion. i just disagreed with it saying..

"ah right...so its a mass conspiracy. all the non-muslim supporters of khan are only supporting him to keep the muslims happy.

that was the worst post you've ever made."

which resulted in the colonel calling me a "knob head". what the **** has christmas and easter got to do with anything. what have i typed which made you think i wanted anything banned or did not tolerate someone elses opinion. i just gave my opinion on his post. the bnp reference was just because he didn't seem to like the fact that i gave that opinion.

rooq
12-08-2006, 02:34 PM

i don't know how you came to that conclusion. anyone who is a patriot is a nazi sympathiser? there are different levels of patriotism i guess. theres just going out and supporting england at football or rugby or cricket, or rooting for a british boxer when they're fighting someone of a different nationality. i don't think that makes you a nazi.

if you haven't worked it out, I am not of white christian ancestory. i also support england at the football (don't really care for cricket or rugby) and support british boxers. i am not a nazi.

anyway, this thread has been well and truly hijacked and turned into a politics thread, so i'm going to stop now. if the colonel or flamingo deli still want to argue, start a thread somewhere more appropriate.

-----------
11-16-2008, 01:51 PM

Everyone knew it

JulioCesaChavez
11-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Why keep dwelling about this bum?