View Full Version : Who Are You?

K-DOGG
11-29-2006, 01:38 PM
..simple enough, isn't it. ;)

No, I'm not asking for names.....just who are you at this point in your life....how do you sum you up so far? :)

platinummatt!
11-29-2006, 01:43 PM
not doing great as a christian

K-DOGG
11-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Ahh; but is that the only way you define yourself?

platinummatt!
11-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Im doing **** as a cowboy too:D

platinummatt!
11-29-2006, 01:57 PM
I cant afford a pickup truck,
and cant learn to drive cos the cars on blocks,
So I spend all my money on whisky on the rocks

K-DOGG
11-29-2006, 01:58 PM

Well, you're Brittish... :D

platinummatt!
11-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Yeh, I know. Im not doing too bad as a brit. I bought a union jack the other day. Wondering where I should put it, any suggestions

Yogi
11-29-2006, 02:00 PM
At this very moment in my life I'm a sleep deprived & semi-grumpy, middle aged man, whose in desperate need of another coffee.

platinummatt!
11-29-2006, 02:01 PM
At this very moment in my life I'm a sleep deprived & semi-grumpy, middle aged man, whose in desperate need of another coffee.

Id like to quote garfield "Ill have a small slice of life please"

Yogi
11-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Id like to quote garfield "Ill have a small slice of life please"

I have a life, and a most fulfilling one at that, thank you very much.

platinummatt!
11-29-2006, 02:06 PM
I wasnt implying you didnt have one. That quote doesnt have anything to do with you not having a life

K-DOGG
11-29-2006, 02:06 PM

Aye, that I can relate to...downing a cup right now. :fing02:

Yogi
11-29-2006, 02:09 PM
I wasnt implying you didnt have one. That quote doesnt have anything to do with you not having a life

Oh, my bad. :o

Yogi
11-29-2006, 02:16 PM

Not really actually, as I'm having quite a diificult time in thinking of an answer that would fit into a single post.

platinummatt!
11-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Thats ok man

K-DOGG
11-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Not really actually, as I'm having quite a diificult time in thinking of an answer that would fit into a single post.

Oh, I know. That was the point. I figured since the best quality posters post on this thread, I'd ask a "deep" question, which younger posters and fellow posters could all benefit from. Sometimes by seeing through other's eyes, we can see ourselves clearer.

Though, I do understand how difficult this question is to answer succinctly. It really doesn't have to be one post; it can be in parts....however one feels comfortable answering it.

platinummatt!
11-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Who are you, K-DOGG

BuddyChacon
11-29-2006, 02:28 PM

LMAO. Funniest thing Matt ever said.

Chacon will be missed.

Yogi
11-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Oh, I know. That was the point. I figured since the best quality posters post on this thread, I'd ask a "deep" question, which younger posters and fellow posters could all benefit from. Sometimes by seeing through other's eyes, we can see ourselves clearer.

Though, I do understand how difficult this question is to answer succinctly. It really doesn't have to be one post; it can be in parts....however one feels comfortable answering it.

*Update

At this very moment in my life I'm still a sleep deprived & slightly less grumpy, middle aged man, whose no longer in need of another coffee (got one), but of a dictionary...Only because I have no idea what succinctly means.

eazy_mas
11-29-2006, 02:32 PM
right now i cant tell til a gradute from college.

because after that time my life will be more stable to tell and now i just helpless and underachiver and havent done anything with my life.

The averge age of people living is about 75,

I nearly passed 1/3 of my life and it is leaft 2/3 to settle on the 1/3 of the discession

BuddyChacon
11-29-2006, 02:33 PM
I am just an Alright guy who is finally getting over a three year depression. I am starting to feel motivated again. I used to spend most of my time with regrets, I didn't ever get to box in the Olympics like I dreamed as a kid, had a eye injury and couldn't pursue a pro career. Got mixed up in booze and drugs after my divorce from a woman I shouldn't have married in the first place. The past week it is like someone turned on a light switch in me and I am starting to look to the future and I want my old self back. Confident, Workout enthusiast, be a better father, not fear commitment and be happy. I finally decided to get off my cross and not let a woman have so much power to keep ruining my life. I want to be my old self but not try to change my own past. Things do come up like the book says "You might be through with the past but the past ain't through with you".

BuddyChacon
11-29-2006, 02:35 PM
To quote Joe ****er "A quarter of my life has almost passed and I've finally come to see myself at last".

eazy_mas
11-29-2006, 02:37 PM
I am just an Alright guy who is finally getting over a three year depression. I am starting to feel motivated again. I used to spend most of my time with regrets, I didn't ever get to box in the Olympics like I dreamed as a kid, had a eye injury and couldn't pursue a pro career. Got mixed up in booze and drugs after my divorce from a woman I shouldn't have married in the first place. The past week it is like someone turned on a light switch in me and I am starting to look to the future and I want my old self back. Confident, Workout enthusiast, be a better father, not fear commitment and be happy. I finally decided to get of my cross and not let a woman have so much power to keep ruining my life.

I could releat to depression stuff. It really hard thing to get out of it.

you just have to be proactive, learn from your mistake, get over it and look for the future becasue you cant change anything that have happened

K-DOGG
11-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Who are you, K-DOGG

I am a walking contradiction: the son of writers and fighters, preachers, prophets and thieves. I am the descendant of actors, philosophers, warriors, playboys, and circus performers.

I am adrift on the sea of humanity searching for a favorable wind or current to ride into a friendly port to call home. I am ever searching, ever wandering, wondering who I am. I am a speaker, a mute, a poet, and seeker of the truth. I am forever looking; but never lost.

I am loved by many, hated by few, ignored by most, understood by even less. I am a prehistoric man in the world of modern love; a successful failure and the king of pain. I am the phoenix, reborn from my own ashes to live again and see with new eyes; I am forever in flux, for I am always growing.

I am a sojourner, a seeker, and the finder of truth. I am the fool, the fortunate, the most blessed man alive; God's Court Jester and your Uncle Fester. I am the echo of a laugh, the silence of an empty room, the pondering of life's purpose, and forecaster of doom.

I am what I am and I am more than that; I live life where I am, for that's where it's at. I'm moving ever forward, never glancing behind. For the future will happen; it's just a matter of time. The present is where I live and on what I do abide. For you can't change the past, and tomorrow's fortune can change with the tide.

I simply am....and am always redefining myself.

platinummatt!
11-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Wow Did you write that, it was well good

Yogi
11-29-2006, 02:43 PM
I am a walking contridiction: the son of writers and fighters, preachers, prophets and thieves. I am the decendant of actors, philosophers, warriors, playboys, and circus performers.

I am adrift on the sea of humanity searching for a favorable wind or current to ride into a friendly port to call home. I am ever searching, ever wandering, wondering who I am. I am a speaker, a mute, a poet, and seeker of the truth. I am forever looking; but never lost.

I am loved by many, hated by few, ignored by most, understood by even less. I am a prehistoric man in the world of modern love; a successful failure and the king of pain. I am the phoenix, reborn from my own ashes to live again and see with new eyes; I am forever in flux, for I am always growing.

I am a sojorner, a seeker, and the finder of truth. I am the fool, the fortunate, the most blessed man alive; God's Court Jester and your Uncle Fester. I am the echoe of a laugh, the silence of an empty room, the pondering of life's purpose, and forecaster of doom.

I am what I am and I am more than that; I live life where I am, for that's where it's at. I'm moving ever forward, never glancing behind. For the future will happen; it's just a matter of time. The present is where I live and on what I do abide. For you can't change the past, and tomorrow's fortune can change with the tide.

I simply am....and am always redefining myelf.

Pure brilliance!

I especially love that "I simply am" line at the end.

BuddyChacon
11-29-2006, 02:43 PM
I am a walking contridiction: the son of writers and fighters, preachers, prophets and thieves. I am the decendant of actors, philosophers, warriors, playboys, and circus performers.

I am a sojorner, a seeker, and the finder of truth. I am the fool, the fortunate, the most blessed man alive; God's Court Jester and your Uncle Fester. I am the echoe of a laugh, the silence of an empty room, the pondering of life's purpose, and forecaster of doom.

I simply am....and am always redefining myelf.

Did you just make that stuff up. Nice read.

K-DOGG
11-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks, fellas. That was purely off the cuff. :)

I am truly humbled. :o

platinummatt!
11-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks, fellas. That was purely off the cuff. :)

Sure lol. If it was that was amazing, even if it wasnt

K-DOGG
11-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Sure lol. If it was that was amazing, even if it wasnt

I wouldn't lie Matt. When I saw your question, I just started typing and that's what came out.

Thanks for the compliment, though.

I have written stuff in journals at home, so part of that might have come from my subconscious, I suppose.

eazy_mas
11-29-2006, 02:51 PM
have anyone seen " The weatherman"

i liked the quto and the end of the movie. i dont remeber excatly what it is?

I have many personality i like to choose and then i elimnate some and elimate some more intell it becomes one and that is me

TheHoff!
11-29-2006, 02:51 PM
I am:

Fitter, happier, more productive,
comfortable,
not drinking too much,
regular exercise at the gym
(3 days a week),
getting on better with my associate employee contemporaries ,
at ease,
eating well
(no more microwave dinners and saturated fats),
a patient better driver,
a safer car
(baby smiling in back seat),
sleeping well
(no bad dreams),
no paranoia,
careful to all animals
(never washing spiders down the plughole),
keep in contact with old friends
(enjoy a drink now and then),
will frequently check credit at
(moral) bank (hole in the wall),
favors for favors,
fond but not in love,
charity standing orders,
on Sundays ring road supermarket
(no killing moths or putting boiling water on the ants),
car wash
(also on Sundays),
no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
nothing so ridiculously teenage and desperate,
nothing so childish - at a better pace,
slower and more calculated,
no chance of escape,
now self-employed,
concerned (but powerless),
an empowered and informed member of society
(pragmatism not idealism),
will not cry in public,
less chance of illness,
tires that grip in the wet
(shot of baby strapped in back seat),
a good memory,
still cries at a good film,
still kisses with saliva,
no longer empty and frantic
like a cat
tied to a stick,
that's driven into
frozen winter ****
(the ability to laugh at weakness),
calm,
fitter,
healthier and more productive
a pig
in a cage
on antibiotics.

platinummatt!
11-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Yeh I know you wouldnt lie youd bend the truth... joke

The Raging Bull
11-29-2006, 02:54 PM
I am a young, ambitious man who at the moment has pressure coming from every which way and doesn't have a moment to relax.

But I'd rather have it this way so I can make the most of the talents I have been blessed with.

I'm very happy with life at the moment. And that is me in a nutshell presently.

K-DOGG
11-29-2006, 03:10 PM
I am:

comfortable,
not drinking too much,
(3 days a week),
at ease,
eating well
a patient better driver,
a safer car
sleeping well
(no bad dreams),
no paranoia,
careful to all animals
favors for favors,
fond but not in love,
charity standing orders,
car wash
(also on Sundays),
no chance of escape,
now self-employed,
will not cry in public,
less chance of illness,
a good memory,
like a cat
tied to a stick,
that's driven into
frozen winter ****
calm,
fitter,
a pig
in a cage
on antibiotics.

Here is a man who knows himself. :)

Great post, Hoff.

K-DOGG
11-29-2006, 03:15 PM
C'mon fellas, keep 'em comin'. 204 people have looked, put something down. :)

platinummatt!
11-29-2006, 03:15 PM
I am:

comfortable,
not drinking too much,
(3 days a week),
at ease,
eating well
a patient better driver,
a safer car
sleeping well
(no bad dreams),
no paranoia,
careful to all animals
favors for favors,
fond but not in love,
charity standing orders,
car wash
(also on Sundays),
no chance of escape,
now self-employed,
will not cry in public,
less chance of illness,
a good memory,
like a cat
tied to a stick,
that's driven into
frozen winter ****
calm,
fitter,
a pig
in a cage
on antibiotics.

that confuses me how can you be both

TheHoff!
11-29-2006, 03:16 PM
that confuses me how can you be both

I just am mattyboy...I simply am.

Scottie2Hottie
11-29-2006, 03:34 PM
underachieving in school but i work hard at boxing and at my job. perhaps a little disenchanted because id rather box than anything, but im stuck doing other things because i have to worry about money. i make up for this disenchantment with substance abuse and womanizing. overall im a happy guy because i have a lot of loving friends.

Yogi
11-29-2006, 04:11 PM
C'mon fellas, keep 'em comin'. 204 people have looked, put something down. :)

Here's one thing that I know about myself and that's that I very often have trouble putting my thoughts into words. Always have had trouble with that, especially with communicating verbally, as I know I have a tendency to over think what it is I want to say and very often what I do say/type is quite a ways off of what my intended words were supposed to be...I've taken that "think before you speak" saying to the extreme, I'm guessing.

"I simply am"

That's friggin gold right there, and I think I like that short statement so much because it fits me so well in regards to how I can get so much enjoyment & appreciation from what most would percieve as the simple or little things in life.

* FeistyWench *
11-29-2006, 04:50 PM

No, I'm not asking for names.....just who are you at this point in your life....how do you sum you up so far? :)

great question and i have a great, LONG honest answer...
if only i had time to type it :o lol!

Ta Khent
11-29-2006, 05:55 PM
At this point, I'm living a blissful, enlightening life. I have a wonderful family, excellent job, and true friends.

Sin City
11-29-2006, 08:08 PM
I am a college student trying to find myself, as for now I live for the moment and don't think of the future, I don't know what I want in life yet...I'm afraid of commitment....also crabs and lobsters! lol [phobia!] My mom says I need to grow up. I still watch sponge bob and jimmy neutron. I'm trying to develop as a person not only mentally but physically. I spent a year and a half in Reno in a government funded boarding school for **** ups. I've learned from some of my mistakes and still am learning from them. I no longer have a temper. the glass is half full not half empty and I'm very happy. I meditate it keeps me calm and cool. I had a strong belief in god, until I opened my eyes and he was no longer there, Some family and friends look down on me because of this and outcasted me. I didn't need them anyway. I like people for who they are and not because of what they believe or appearances. I do know where I'm coming from....I just don't yet know where I'm headed.... basically... I'm evolving!

phallus
11-30-2006, 12:25 AM
I am a walking contradiction: the son of writers and fighters, preachers, prophets and thieves. I am the descendant of actors, philosophers, warriors, playboys, and circus performers.

I am a sojourner, a seeker, and the finder of truth. I am the fool, the fortunate, the most blessed man alive; God's Court Jester and your Uncle Fester. I am the echo of a laugh, the silence of an empty room, the pondering of life's purpose, and forecaster of doom.

I simply am....and am always redefining myself.

that'[s deep, DOGG

...i'm more of an underachiever, a lot more of an underachiever, although, lately maybe not so much.
there's a character in the film Dawn of the Dead ( 2004 version , not the original), that is me - pretty much everything he says and does, except that the actor that plays him is a lot prettier than i could ever be, and i don't get to bang sara polley or lick her face the way a pug would.
anyway, i also see a lot of myself in jack crabb, the cowardly loser in little big man...watch those two films back to back and u're basically hanging out with me for four hours.

The Noose
11-30-2006, 02:10 AM
At this point, I'm living a blissful, enlightening life. I have a wonderful family, excellent job, and true friends.

The opposite of this.

Riddled with self doubt, insecurities, fumbling with slimey fantasies trying desperatly to not stare into the eyes of reality.
Ignorance is bliss until u become aware of how ignorant u are. The mirror casts a hideous reflection of who i thought i were.
Its like im walking a very dusty road, and the place im trying to reach is 1000 miles away. Every truck that passes doesnt stop, and i no longer put in any effort into tying to hitch a ride. I have no choice to keep walking, and started to believe that when i reach the end there will be nothing left of me.
Im not sure whether i made a wrong turn a long time ago, or if this will be the making of me. Im either Tom Hanks in Castaway, or Golum eating fish in a cave, or Jeff Goldblum in The Fly, obsessed with my own disgusting evolution.
" the immortal soul tied to the body of a dying animal ".
I listen to Nirvana's 'hidden track' at the end of Nevermind, taking comfort in the melody of disintergration and screaming frustrations.

At the moment, I would describe myself as the white noise of an escalator. Or a house fly in the dead of night, drawn to the souless glow of television. Maybe a blank canvas that over many years has picked up the odd stain has a warped, discoloured surface that some might find appealing, but most would discard. :werd:

The Noose
11-30-2006, 02:21 AM
I am:

comfortable,
not drinking too much,
(3 days a week),
at ease,
eating well
a patient better driver,
a safer car
sleeping well
(no bad dreams),
no paranoia,
careful to all animals
favors for favors,
fond but not in love,
charity standing orders,
car wash
(also on Sundays),
no chance of escape,
now self-employed,
will not cry in public,
less chance of illness,
a good memory,
like a cat
tied to a stick,
that's driven into
frozen winter ****
calm,
fitter,
a pig
in a cage
on antibiotics.

Ur Tom Yorke. I knew it!!

TheHoff!
11-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Ur Tom Yorke. I knew it!!
haha...........

BuddyChacon
11-30-2006, 08:27 AM
A line in a movie said." He wasn't a good man, and he wasn't a particularly a bad man but lord he was a man." That is all I want to be. I want my Tombstone to be like Sonny Liston's saying simply A Man.

TheHoff!
11-30-2006, 08:35 AM
A line in a movie said." He wasn't a good man, and he wasn't a particularly a bad man but lord he was a man."

What movie was that Mr. Fanny Magnet?

K-DOGG
11-30-2006, 09:41 AM
The opposite of this.

Riddled with self doubt, insecurities, fumbling with slimey fantasies trying desperatly to not stare into the eyes of reality.
Ignorance is bliss until u become aware of how ignorant u are. The mirror casts a hideous reflection of who i thought i were.
Its like im walking a very dusty road, and the place im trying to reach is 1000 miles away. Every truck that passes doesnt stop, and i no longer put in any effort into tying to hitch a ride. I have no choice to keep walking, and started to believe that when i reach the end there will be nothing left of me.
Im not sure whether i made a wrong turn a long time ago, or if this will be the making of me. Im either Tom Hanks in Castaway, or Golum eating fish in a cave, or Jeff Goldblum in The Fly, obsessed with my own disgusting evolution.
" the immortal soul tied to the body of a dying animal ".
I listen to Nirvana's 'hidden track' at the end of Nevermind, taking comfort in the melody of disintergration and screaming frustrations.

At the moment, I would describe myself as the white noise of an escalator. Or a house fly in the dead of night, drawn to the souless glow of television. Maybe a blank canvas that over many years has picked up the odd stain has a warped, discoloured surface that some might find appealing, but most would discard. :werd:

You and I are not so different, my friend. Nice Post; nakedly and discriptively honest.

K-DOGG
11-30-2006, 09:47 AM
that'[s deep, DOGG

...i'm more of an underachiever, a lot more of an underachiever, although, lately maybe not so much.
there's a character in the film Dawn of the Dead ( 2004 version , not the original), that is me - pretty much everything he says and does, except that the actor that plays him is a lot prettier than i could ever be, and i don't get to bang sara polley or lick her face the way a pug would.
anyway, i also see a lot of myself in jack crabb, the cowardly loser in little big man...watch those two films back to back and u're basically hanging out with me for four hours.

Little Big Man is one of my favorite movies; and I wouldn't call Jack Crab a cowardly loser...not really. He was the main character(Dustin Hoffman), no? He was like so many of us whose fate has been hijacked. He ran away from the path Fate chose for him, as so many of us, only for Fate to need him more than he wanted it to....and in the end, he accepted it and became a hero. Jack Crab was an ordinary man caught up in extra-ordinary circumstances that helped him find the strength within. No so bad, bro.

....haven't seen Dawn of the Dead, yet; but "underachiever" I understand all too well for that is I as well.

BuddyChacon
11-30-2006, 10:41 AM
What movie was that Mr. Fanny Magnet?

No A Sam Penkinpah film call "The Ballad of Cable Houge". My all time favorite film about a backwards man from the old west that is coming to terms with the Changing Technology of the Ott years. A man who built a dream but was man enough to give it up for a woman. Starring Jason Robards, Stella Stevens and an Englishman David Warner. Worth a watch.

Scottie2Hottie
11-30-2006, 11:33 AM
i am a man among college boys. swinger, writer, boxer, mythical beast; goliath, with a bag of tha powdah.

....lol.

The Noose
11-30-2006, 12:33 PM
You and I are not so different, my friend. Nice Post; nakedly and discriptively honest.

Wen i saw the title of the thread and read the first post i recoiled. It made me kinda squirm a little . lol

K-DOGG
11-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Wen i saw the title of the thread and read the first post i recoiled. It made me kinda squirm a little . lol

Consider it "e-therapy". :D

Only through knowing ourselves can we even come close to loving ourselves and thereby, actually changing the world, or at least our place in it.

K-DOGG
11-30-2006, 01:01 PM
great question and i have a great, LONG honest answer...
if only i had time to type it :o lol!

Take your time, Fiesty. Give it to us in segments. :)

The Raging Bull
11-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Consider it "e-therapy". :D

Only through knowing ourselves can we even come close to loving ourselves and thereby, actually changing the world, or at least our place in it.

Exactly. This is something the kids of my generation don't understand. They think that they can be someone else, put a front on and be the best at everything. Yet they don't even know who they are.

Naive.

RAESAAD
11-30-2006, 01:06 PM

I have grown up nicely tha past 10 years.........when I was 19 I was in Jail and had nothing going for me........Now I have a had the same job for 8 years,a 5 year old son and my own home,a nice car and the future looks pretty good.I also know that life can change in a blink of an eye so I don't take it for granted I just hope I continue to make the right choices and follw the path to success.I give myself an a for overcoming things and an overall c+ at this point because there is still much room for improvement.

felly smarts
11-30-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm somewhere between lost and found.

Blind fold yourself in a dark room, turn around 10 times real quick and then try to find the light switch. Keep the light on for 2 minutes and do it again.

Sweat
11-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Have you ever wonder how it would be like to get lost in the middle of a desert that feels so endless with nothing but you... JUST YOU..

Well, thats how I feel about my life right now. I have no idea, not even a clue of what I wanna do in my life. I often DREAM about me being so happy and invincible that I could almost do anything, because I have everything.. and just to wake up in the morning and find out that I'm still in this REAL WORLD.. the ****ing reality hits and slaps me on the face. Oh how I hate it to wake up everyday feeling so hopeless, depressed and living a lackadaisical life. I was an A student in high school and I'm 19 years old. But I started getting depressed after I graduated when I found out how hard, and complicated life could be. I used to be fit, and in shape compared to most people but depression comes with laziness. I gained about 30 pounds in 4 months.. I have a crappy job but have a good car just to find out that my insurance went up to $550 dollars because of an accident that I got into earlier this year. So as of now, I'm basically just working for my car and I can't even afford to go to college and I live with my parents. I have no money, no special talents, no college education, NOTHING.. The only thing that helps me get up each morning and live another day is my girlfriend and my family. And I'm loosing my faith every minute, hour and second I spend in this world. I feel like a crippled guy trying to compete for Track and Field in the olympics. I LOVE BOXING so I tried it just to find myself getting beat up by the best guys in the gym. I tried very hard but I realized, no matter how hard you train, there's always gotta be someone better than you. I really don't know what's next for me. I stopped praying and hoping that God will give me at least something for myself to move on cause I feel like he doesn't exist anymore. I know I'm still young but I prematurely realized how comlpicated and difficult life is. I don't know if its a bad sign or a good sign. Maybe its telling me something. Maybe its the key to finally break me free in this hellish world but I'm just to blind to see it. And maybe, just MAYBE.. its the key to let me live like my DREAM.

K-DOGG
11-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Have you ever wonder how it would be like to get lost in the middle of a desert that feels so endless with nothing but you... JUST YOU..

Well, thats how I feel about my life right now. I have no idea, not even a clue of what I wanna do in my life. I often DREAM about me being so happy and invincible that I could almost do anything, because I have everything.. and just to wake up in the morning and find out that I'm still in this REAL WORLD.. the ****ing reality hits and slaps me on the face. Oh how I hate it to wake up everyday feeling so hopeless, depressed and living a lackadaisical life. I was an A student in high school and I'm 19 years old. But I started getting depressed after I graduated when I found out how hard, and complicated life could be. I used to be fit, and in shape compared to most people but depression comes with laziness. I gained about 30 pounds in 4 months.. I have a crappy job but have a good car just to find out that my insurance went up to $550 dollars because of an accident that I got into earlier this year. So as of now, I'm basically just working for my car and I can't even afford to go to college and I live with my parents. I have no money, no special talents, no college education, NOTHING.. The only thing that helps me get up each morning and live another day is my girlfriend and my family. And I'm loosing my faith every minute, hour and second I spend in this world. I feel like a crippled guy trying to compete for Track and Field in the olympics. I LOVE BOXING so I tried it just to find myself getting beat up by the best guys in the gym. I tried very hard but I realized, no matter how hard you train, there's always gotta be someone better than you. I really don't know what's next for me. I stopped praying and hoping that God will give me at least something for myself to move on cause I feel like he doesn't exist anymore. I know I'm still young but I prematurely realized how comlpicated and difficult life is. I don't know if its a bad sign or a good sign. Maybe its telling me something. Maybe its the key to finally break me free in this hellish world but I'm just to blind to see it. And maybe, just MAYBE.. its the key to let me live like my DREAM.

Thanks for sharing, bro. Yeah, life is rough, it will beat you down; and God usually doesn't help....directly. The key I've found, is attitude and it comes from within. Now, I'm not going to tell you I still, at age 36, don't view the world as you've described it, for I do....I think we all do from time to time. The thing is, you have to make yourself taket that step towards change. Only you can do it, no one else. I have found though, in several of my various incarnations, that if I do take one or two steps towards change, towards something other than what is bringing me down...ergo, whatever current situation I am not happy with, God or Fate, or Karma or whatever you want to call it, usually takes a step or two back towards me and offers a "door" of sorts.

Hang in there man, life is indeed a *****; but it can also be beautiful. I had a bit of an epiphany a while back. I stepped outside of the place where I work during a horrible day, gray, overcast, cloudy, and dreary-feeling in general from where I stood. Then, I took about five or six steps onto the grass to where I could see the city around the corner of the building, and there it was: the most gloriously beautiful sunset you could have ever imagined; right there....right around "the corner".

That got me thinking of the symboism of that moment. When life is gray and black and dreary all round, maybe you just need to change your perspective; take a few steps into the gloom so you can see what lies around the corner. You might surprise youself with what's there, just around the bend. The key is, you have to actually take the steps to see it.

Good luck, man...,.hope that helped.

MickyHatton
11-30-2006, 03:45 PM
I am a strong man, good husband, committed father, decent son and a fair employer with the occasional flaw in all of the above.

I have fulfilled many of my ambitions but still have too many to mention, I will endeavour to improve myself and those around me in any way possible without the intention of preaching.

I am content in the life I have led which has been varied, I have travelled the world, fought in wars, watched my children being born but buried one of my siblings.

In a nutshell if I was to die tomorrow then I could look back with no regrets and I cannot say fairer than that!

11-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks for sharing, bro. Yeah, life is rough, it will beat you down; and God usually doesn't help....directly. The key I've found, is attitude and it comes from within. Now, I'm not going to tell you I still, at age 36, don't view the world as you've described it, for I do....I think we all do from time to time. The thing is, you have to make yourself taket that step towards change. Only you can do it, no one else. I have found though, in several of my various incarnations, that if I do take one or two steps towards change, towards something other than what is bringing me down...ergo, whatever current situation I am not happy with, God or Fate, or Karma or whatever you want to call it, usually takes a step or two back towards me and offers a "door" of sorts.

Hang in there man, life is indeed a *****; but it can also be beautiful. I had a bit of an epiphany a while back. I stepped outside of the place where I work during a horrible day, gray, overcast, cloudy, and dreary-feeling in general from where I stood. Then, I took about five or six steps onto the grass to where I could see the city around the corner of the building, and there it was: the most gloriously beautiful sunset you could have ever imagined; right there....right around "the corner".

That got me thinking of the symboism of that moment. When life is gray and black and dreary all round, maybe you just need to change your perspective; take a few steps into the gloom so you can see what lies around the corner. You might surprise youself with what's there, just around the bend. The key is, you have to actually take the steps to see it.

Good read.

I wish I was as positive as you.

K-DOGG
11-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Good read.

I wish I was as positive as you.

Hey, I need a good kick in the pants as often as everybody....ask my wife. :D

BuddyChacon
11-30-2006, 04:24 PM

Jesus H Christ. You take 50 valium and call it a life. No just kidding, Go to a new gym where you will be babied a little more so to speak. Not left to drown and lose confidence. You could be like me had the skills and got drunk got jumped and injured my eye permanantly and had to quit. I lot of people are much worse off than you and you should remember to count your blessings. Your just in a slump right now. I was in a depression for three years and I am just now starting to see the light. Some people don't have parents who love them and A girlfriend to care about them. Life is tough but things are tough all over. My attitude is bring it the **** on besides being unhealthy or paralyzed life can't throw me nothing I can't take. You need to go to the Kingdosia school of therapy now that guy has a positive outlook on life. Rejoice in what you have and piss on what you don't.

Sweat
11-30-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks bro. That kinda helped me in a way. but maybe the key that everybody is looking for is already with us since the day we were born.. I don't know, but I realized that .."YOU", yourself.. is the key.

Sweat
11-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Jesus H Christ. You take 50 valium and call it a life. No just kidding, Go to a new gym where you will be babied a little more so to speak. Not left to drown and lose confidence. You could be like me had the skills and got drunk got jumped and injured my eye permanantly and had to quit. I lot of people are much worse off than you and you should remember to count your blessings. Your just in a slump right now. I was in a depression for three years and I am just now starting to see the light. Some people don't have parents who love them and A girlfriend to care about them. Life is tough but things are tough all over. My attitude is bring it the **** on besides being unhealthy or paralyzed life can't throw me nothing I can't take. You need to go to the Kingdosia school of therapy now that guy has a positive outlook on life. Rejoice in what you have and piss on what you don't.

Its easy for a lot of people to say that there are lots of people that are much worse off than you because they didn't or don't go through all the **** that people like me go through. But I believe that there are people that are much worse off cause I'm one of those people

BuddyChacon
11-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Its easy for a lot of people to say that there are lots of people that are much worse off than you because they didn't or don't go through all the **** that people like me go through. But I believe that there are people that are much worse off cause I'm one of those people

Imagine your girl is ****ing someone else, both parents are dead and you just got castrated. You are not one of the worse off. The Single mom whose husband left her because she had a retarded baby. The cancer patient who has no family and is gonna die alone. Get down off you cross JC Jr., it will get better. I suspect you are able bodied and live in a country where you are not terribly repressed and can get ahead in life. You are only 19 and life for you has not really even begun. I have a three year old daughter that I only get to see two days out of the month. I don't spend my time crying over it anymore and I try to make the best of my time with her. You are limiting yourself with negativity.

BuddyChacon
11-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Terrible things I won't share happened to me as a child. I used to spend all my time dwelling on them and even having nightmares about them. I decided I am not gonna let those ****s have that much control over me that I can't live a functional life.

Mr. Ryan
11-30-2006, 07:52 PM

I'm just an improvised human making due with what I have so far. Some would say that I'm ****ing up bad, others would say that I'm making the best of what cards are coming at me.

I'm not a good Christian, not as good as I want to be, but I do feel I'm a good person and when one is that, they have the potential to be a good Christian. One day I'll figure it out.

Right now, I'm defined by my aspirations far more than my accomplishments. I want to be a writer, but I don't feel I've accomplished anything there yet. It's not as important to me be a writer as it is to succeed in places where I don't know if I can pull it off, like as in a stable, prosperous conventional life, but it's writing where I'm doing my best.

KingDosia
11-30-2006, 07:55 PM

Did life single you out to pick on you? Before you answere that I'd like to ask do you think you have been though more "****" than even half the people in this world? I want to point out some things. If you eat one meal every day that is fresh or hot you are ahead of 97% of the worlds population. If you have a dollar in your pocket right now you are in the upper 5% of the worlds wealth. If you don't have a major life threatoning illness, or if you do, you have a licensed MD to treat it you are more blessed than at least 90% of the people on earth. You have a car, That makes you amongs the world wealthiest. A job, makes you more blessed than millions. You are not in prison, do you know that makes you more fortunate than over a million others?
The worth of your life is based on what you do with what you have been given. Not what you have in comparison to the next person. Living your life that way will leave nothing but depression. Because we have all been given different assets. And different Attributes. One can be imensly ritch and still have failed him or herself. "you should know according to the facts I listed you are far ritcher than most and still sad" On the other hand it isn't impossible to find a man with more god given talent to throw a ball or run or even thow a punch who lives as a pastor, or even a drifter, yet is completely content with life. Why?
Budha sujests We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. In my book that makes us responsible for what we become. I have a hard time finding an argument to that. \
You say you are lost, Maybe you are exactly where you need to be.

BuddyChacon
11-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Did life single you out to pick on you? Before you answere that I'd like to ask do you think you have been though more "****" than even half the people in this world? I want to point out some things. If you eat one meal every day that is fresh or hot you are ahead of 97% of the worlds population. If you have a dollar in your pocket right now you are in the upper 5% of the worlds wealth. If you don't have a major life threatoning illness, or if you do, you have a licensed MD to treat it you are more blessed than at least 90% of the people on earth. You have a car, That makes you amongs the world wealthiest. A job, makes you more blessed than millions. You are not in prison, do you know that makes you more fortunate than over a million others?
The worth of your life is based on what you do with what you have been given. Not what you have in comparison to the next person. Living your life that way will leave nothing but depression. Because we have all been given different assets. And different Attributes. One can be imensly ritch and still have failed him or herself. "you should know according to the facts I listed you are far ritcher than most and still sad"

This is why Kingdosia is on Kdogg level as the most intelligent poster on this site. He is a true Man among boys.

KingDosia
11-30-2006, 10:21 PM
You must be the change you wish to see in the world

The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems.
Mahatma Gandhi

Smokin'
11-30-2006, 10:21 PM
honestly, kingdosia, that was great ****in' advice. Props man..

fraidycat
12-01-2006, 12:06 AM
How would I define myself right now?

A Christian and a Husband. First and foremost. Far better at the "Husband" than the "Christian," I'm afraid. As far as worldly specifics go, I'm a failed musician, a struggling writer, a gifted mechanic, a precocious boxer, a passable bowhunter, one hell of a swing dancer, and will soon be a small business owner -- God help me.

Who am I? I am a walking midlife crisis. I have my wife and my faith, and the rest is up to me.

Kid Achilles
12-01-2006, 12:23 AM
My friend knows a Jamaican immigrant here who married a woman who had 10 children. She left, leaving him with all these children who weren't even his. Now he works about 80 hrs a week just to provide for them without much hope of a better life or even a great education for these kids. They aren't even his blood. But he would never think of putting these kids up for adoption, even though he probably could and it would mean a financially free life. He loves them. My friend said this guy told him at work (a ****ty factory job) "every day I live to see and feel the sun shine down on me is worth it".

Now that is hardship and that is real strength. There's always someone who has it better, and someone who has it worse. Choose carefully what you do with your time here, because it's soon used up and who knows what comes next.

eazy_mas
12-01-2006, 12:36 AM
My friend knows a Jamaican immigrant here who married a woman who had 10 children. She left, leaving him with all these children who weren't even his. Now he works about 80 hrs a week just to provide for them without much hope of a better life or even a great education for these kids. They aren't even his blood. But he would never think of putting these kids up for adoption, even though he probably could and it would mean a financially free life. He loves them. My friend said this guy told him at work (a ****ty factory job) "every day I live to see and feel the sun shine down on me is worth it".

Now that is hardship and that is real strength. There's always someone who has it better, and someone who has it worse. Choose carefully what you do with your time here, because it's soon used up and who knows what comes next.

In my country 8 childern is something normal some families have 24 brother and sisters, i know one.

but taking care by yourself it really hard but if like the oldest child is 16 or 18 he could help in taking care some of the childern.

usually we are family based commuintiy if you got that much childern you will get support of other family members

-Antonio-
12-01-2006, 12:39 AM

That is some inspiring stuff right there.

The Noose
12-01-2006, 08:47 AM
The worth of your life is based on what you do with what you have been given. Not what you have in comparison to the next person. Living your life that way will leave nothing but depression. Because we have all been given different assets. And different Attributes. One can be imensly ritch and still have failed him or herself. "you should know according to the facts I listed you are far ritcher than most and still sad" On the other hand it isn't impossible to find a man with more god given talent to throw a ball or run or even thow a punch who lives as a pastor, or even a drifter, yet is completely content with life. Why?
Budha sujests We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. In my book that makes us responsible for what we become. I have a hard time finding an argument to that. \
You say you are lost, Maybe you are exactly where you need to be.

Suuuuuperb.

Frame this one.

K-DOGG
12-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Kingdosia and Kid Achilles....my hat's off to both of you. Great posts, fellas...great posts. :)

BuddyChacon
12-01-2006, 02:30 PM
How would I define myself right now?

A Christian and a Husband. First and foremost. Far better at the "Husband" than the "Christian," I'm afraid. As far as worldly specifics go, I'm a failed musician, a struggling writer, a gifted mechanic, a precocious boxer, a passable bowhunter, one hell of a swing dancer, and will soon be a small business owner -- God help me.

Who am I? I am a walking midlife crisis. I have my wife and my faith, and the rest is up to me.

Swing dancer. You are well rounded to say the least. No kids to speak of?

Iron_MikeTyson
12-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Who am I? You know who I am... Or I will make you remember! I'm the
best ever, I'm the most brutal and most vicious and most
ruthless champion there's ever been! My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable,And I'm just ferocious, I want your heart! I wanna eat your children,
praise be to Allah!

fraidycat
12-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Swing dancer. You are well rounded to say the least. No kids to speak of?

Neither my wife nor I can have kids. She was born with it; I had an injury. Meant to be, I guess.

phallus
12-02-2006, 12:15 AM

this reminds me of a guy i went to high school with. it's quite a miraculous story, actually... he was just into the money and his jeep and the ***** he could get with it. he had a really, really high paying job and was working 12 hours a day and filling the rest of his time with whatever made his selfish ass feel good.
a few years later i see him, i ask how's the jeep? he says " i had to sell it"
i say, why, what about your job? he says " i had to quit, i couldn't stand being away from home all the time... i met a single mom, she's got a kid... there's nothing in the world like coming home and having a kid run up to and call u daddy."
i couldn't believe it, that guy used to live for himself and his money, now he was working two minimum wage jobs to support his girl and her kid

The Noose
12-02-2006, 02:18 AM
this reminds me of a guy i went to high school with. it's quite a miraculous story, actually... he was just into the money and his jeep and the ***** he could get with it. he had a really, really high paying job and was working 12 hours a day and filling the rest of his time with whatever made his selfish ass feel good.
i say, why, what about your job? he says " i had to quit, i couldn't stand being away from home all the time... i met a single mom, she's got a kid... there's nothing in the world like coming home and having a kid run up to and call u daddy."
i couldn't believe it, that guy used to live for himself and his money, now he was working two minimum wage jobs to support his girl and her kid

sounds special.

K-DOGG
12-02-2006, 02:56 PM

Huh. Love.....run away!!! :D

Naw, just kidding. Love sure makes you do funny things, though. Thanks for sharing that, bro.

platinummatt!
12-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Wow thats amazing dr filth, thanks for sharing... its a nice story

Mike Strutter
12-03-2006, 07:36 PM

What a ****ing toaster

GunStar
12-12-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm a good looking guy!
I'm very selfish!
I hate selfish people!
I like very few people in this world!
I have a small penis!
I don't belive in any religion!
I don't believe in god!
I hate smelly people!
I have my own business!
I make good money!
I hate politics!
I love boxing!
I love pizza!
I love girls!
I'm very strong!
I hate fake people!
I love gambling!
I love some old school videogames!
I rarely liston to music!
I rarely watch movies!
I love Tranny ****!
I have a great girl!
I love to workout everyday!
I don't watch too much TV!
I love boxing forums!
I hate racist people!
I hate sensitive people!
I know myself very well!
I like to keep my place clean!
I like to take a shower everyday!
I'm great with math!
I love to smoke some Marlboro lights!
I love Coke!

* FeistyWench *
12-12-2006, 11:31 AM

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But, we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But, what we found out is that each one of us is:
A brain . . .
And an athlete . . .
And a basket case . . .
A princess . . .
And a criminal.
Does that answer your question? :D

K-DOGG
12-12-2006, 11:49 AM
We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But, we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But, what we found out is that each one of us is:
A brain . . .
And an athlete . . .
And a basket case . . .
A princess . . .
And a criminal.

Yes, I now know you're a John Hughes fan. :D

* FeistyWench *
12-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Yes, I now know you're a John Hughes fan. :D

sorry....i am in a playful mood today.
i think it is my hormonal imbalance.

K-DOGG
12-12-2006, 01:49 PM
sorry....i am in a playful mood today.
i think it is my hormonal imbalance.

No need to apologize. I got a chuckle out of it. It's not everyday I read Breakfast Club quotations. :D

Del Coqui
12-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Damn this post sounds like going to rehab, LOL. Stupid enough to not make a career and quit the Corps, frustrated boxer, never really good, had fun at the least as a teen, live afraid of going back to where I've been before, but noticing the difference of where I'm at right now and comparing to my friends makes me feel like the lucky one, and then for the past 10 yrs found a good job, married, have a son who wants to be a boxer, I'm trying to convince him not to.

* FeistyWench *
12-19-2006, 09:18 AM
..simple enough, isn't it.

No, I'm not asking for names.....just who are you at this point in your life....how do you sum you up so far?

this is me:
i consider myself to be unique.
there aren't a lot of 36 women like me. lol!
while at the moment i would say that i define myself as a mother first and foremost since i have a infant and a toddler, i struggle to maintain my identity as a woman. i am selfless when it comes to my children. they will always come first. my family is pretty close-knit so my role as a wife, sister, and daughter are dominant as well. my career is a career and really does not play a role in how i see myself. it helps me to understand other people and their motivations and behaviors and feelings, but beyond that i do not define myself by what i do for a career.

i am quit duplicitous in the sense that there are 2 sides to me (i am a gemini after all...).

on the one side, i am intense, focused, organized, "anal retentive"/uptight, responsible, and dependable. i want security. i love to be helpful. i don;t like unpredictability. i like routine. i worry and fret over my kids well-being. i am fairly sensitive. my feelings get hurt easily (when criticized or insulted or confronted in a harsh way), but you'd never know it. i tend to bottle it up. you'll never see me cry. i have little use for acquaintances. i would rather have a few great friends than 100's of fair weather friends. i hate small talk and the social pleasantries. yet, i am a people person. i have a hard time saying "no". i don't readily trust people. i am a skeptic and a pessimist. i am not naive. i tend to take charge and have difficulty deligating things. i would rather just do it myself to make sure it gets done and done right. i think you get the picture.....

on the other side, is kinda the real me, but that i tuck away way too often. i just want to have fun and enjoy life. i am kind. i am not mean or spiteful. i am very open-minded and tolerant of others. i am not easily offended. i get "male" humor and sarcasm. i am a people person. people fascinate me. i could people watch all day. (doesn;t necessarily mean i want to interact with them though). lol! i love to get to know new people and hear and learn what they think or believe about things. (main reason why i come here, i think). i am playful, silly, and child-like. i LOVE to laugh and i joke around all the time. i like to be spontaneous and really let loose. get swallowed up by anonymity and do things that are so polar opposite of the responsible and mature "me". i read comic books and comics, listen to the music that most of my adolescent clients listen to. i read kid books like harry potter. i dress like a person who is in their early 20s (when not at work). i love amusement parks and roller coasters. i roller blade (so 90s, huh?) and play board games. the things that most uptight mothers yell at their kids for doing, i will do. i will lay on the beds in department stores if i am tired (lol!), i sit or lay on floors in public if there is a really long wait/line. i play on playground equipment. personally, i think i do alot of the things that some older women wish they could do but won;t because it is not apporpriate. i eat messy foods in public and can get silly and loud. the further from home i get, the crazier and wilder i can behave. not to get too personal, but my sex life is quite the opposite of what you would expect from the uptight, mature, responsible, person that i usually am. my significant others have always been very happily surprised by the person i become "behind closed doors" so to speak. lol! :o :p

the trick has been to find a healthy balance between the two. be mature, responsible, and focused when i need to be and when it's not needed - just enjoy life, have fun, and be me (be true to myself and do what makes me happy.)

did i happen to mention that i was feisty???? :p

Dirt E Gomez
12-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Who am I?

I'm the ****.

And that 3 word answer actually says a lot.

* FeistyWench *
12-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Who am I?

I'm the ****.

And that 3 word answer actually says a lot.

you're a ****? :p

actually, i think the whole you can go **** yourself things sums you up best.

Dirt E Gomez
12-19-2006, 09:52 AM
you're a ****? :p

actually, i think the whole you can go **** yourself things sums you up best.

Too bad chicks aren't allowed on my team. They should be too fetching me sandwiches to tell others to go **** themselves.

Welter_Skelter
12-19-2006, 09:57 AM
A brain . . .
And an athlete . . .
And a basket case . . .
A princess . . .
And a criminal.
One of the best movies EVER !!!

Nacho_Analstain
12-19-2006, 10:47 AM
****ed up school,got into drugs,came through it twice the lad i was before,no time for regrets,life taught me a lesson,finally standing on my own 2 feet,not 100% certain of who i am,but got a pretty good idea,strong minded,open minded,dont like being second best and always think about number 1,un-employed but ready to work,i smoke and drink but not as much anymore,i train 4 days a week,feeling alot healthier,ready to take on anything that can be thrown at me

BrooklynBomber
12-19-2006, 11:05 AM
I am the Alpha and the Omega of my own consciounce.

* FeistyWench *
08-15-2007, 03:47 PM
this was a great thread

Dirt E Gomez
08-15-2007, 04:08 PM
this was a great thread

Where's my sandwich?

* FeistyWench *
08-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Where's my sandwich?

was that a tuna on wheat, sir? ;) :hail:

eazy_mas
08-15-2007, 06:22 PM
was that a tuna on wheat, sir? ;) :hail:

that made me hungery shame on you :nono: tuna is my fav thing and you mentioned it made me hungery

Daredevil69
10-01-2007, 11:01 PM

Good piece of advice bro, this almost made me cry...
Nice thread...

Daredevil69
10-01-2007, 11:18 PM
About me, I'm 25, single and working in a job for almost four years which I really doesn't enjoy to be honest. Right now it's hard to look for a good paying job considering myself that I just finished a 3 year course, there's really a tough competition out there when you look for really good job. They say happiness is not measured on how many cars you have, how big your house is, but it is on the contentment of being who you are and what you have. I can say that I'm contented for now, having a loving family, friends, and girlfriend and I'm thankful to God for the blessings. I have been through same stages of life that others have been through here and share same sentiments. Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, girls, riots, almost got jailed, there are times I almost gave up thinking that my life is going nowhere until came a time I realized that it's not yet too late. I stayed out of trouble, went to church regularly, made new good set of friends and always prayed. These made me a better person and gave me a better outlook on life.

MANGLER
12-24-2009, 02:10 AM
laid back businessman :mangler: