View Full Version : Native Amercian fight for there land

eazy_mas
11-24-2006, 12:50 AM
Here is a story about a native amercain fighting for her rights. just read the article and post opions:

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/3A64E73C-25AF-468B-AD11-2EAEA4D71F78.htm

K-DOGG
11-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Here is a story about a native amercain fighting for her rights. just read the article and post opions:

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/3A64E73C-25AF-468B-AD11-2EAEA4D71F78.htm

I don't know what pisses me off more: that this is still happening to these people or that, apparently, the American press haven't been making a big deal about it!

When are we going to give justice to the Native Americans?!

I'd type more; but at this point I'm honestly too upset to make any sense. :(

K-DOGG
11-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Here's the bottom line: Eurpeans...aka whites.....robbed, raped, and murdered the bulk of the Americans living here when they arrived. They lied, stole, and forced them off their land.

Legally speaking, I'm not sure who's "right" in this particular instance. However, I feel that Dann should have a case, as I believe the bulk of the "treaties" by the U.S. government under President Grant were eventually violated by the U.S., which should, logically, render them null and void. I, admittedly, am more familiar with the Treaties with the Lakota than I am with those between the U.S. and the Shoshone; but they're all pretty much the same........U.S. offers a peace and some supplies, etc. for the land.....the nation in question begrudgingly agrees, but does so in good faith, only to be betrayed whenever the U.S. finds something on the land, such as gold, that they value more than their word....or, settlers decide they want to oust the "Indians" anyway because of manifest destiny.....then, when the dispute occurs and settlers get killed, the government comes in and destroys the tribes and claims more land.

It's one of the more shameful episodes in American history; and personally, I believe this woman should have the rights to her ancerserol lands. The government is a cruel bastard when you have something they want. My grandparents lost their home in the late '60's because the government wanted to create teh Natchez Trace Parkway. Was the park important? Sure. Did my grandparents get an accurate value for their land and home? Are you f'in kidding me?! People get walked on all the time if the government has something to gain and corporations have lobbiests in Washington, so you do the math.

I'm proud to be an American, for this is the land of my birth; but that doestn' mean I will support our servants, the government, when they are wrong. Though of Irish heritage, I am as much a part of this land as anyone born here....I am the next generation of "Native American" as is any European decendant who was born here; we are "native" to this land, too. This land is part of us and accepts us, if we accept it and love it. Who you are is determined by who you are inside, where your soul lies. My soul is with this land and the people of it...not with those who bow to the highest bidder.

You cut my brothers and sisters and I bleed.

Mitakuye Oyasin: "We are All Related".

phallus
11-25-2006, 12:52 AM
Here's the bottom line: Eurpeans...aka whites.....robbed, raped, and murdered the bulk of the Americans living here when they arrived. They lied, stole, and forced them off their land.

Legally speaking, I'm not sure who's "right" in this particular instance. However, I feel that Dann should have a case, as I believe the bulk of the "treaties" by the U.S. government under President Grant were eventually violated by the U.S., which should, logically, render them null and void. I, admittedly, am more familiar with the Treaties with the Lakota than I am with those between the U.S. and the Shoshone; but they're all pretty much the same........U.S. offers a peace and some supplies, etc. for the land.....the nation in question begrudgingly agrees, but does so in good faith, only to be betrayed whenever the U.S. finds something on the land, such as gold, that they value more than their word....or, settlers decide they want to oust the "Indians" anyway because of manifest destiny.....then, when the dispute occurs and settlers get killed, the government comes in and destroys the tribes and claims more land.

It's one of the more shameful episodes in American history; and personally, I believe this woman should have the rights to her ancerserol lands. The government is a cruel bastard when you have something they want. My grandparents lost their home in the late '60's because the government wanted to create teh Natchez Trace Parkway. Was the park important? Sure. Did my grandparents get an accurate value for their land and home? Are you f'in kidding me?! People get walked on all the time if the government has something to gain and corporations have lobbiests in Washington, so you do the math.

I'm proud to be an American, for this is the land of my birth; but that doestn' mean I will support our servants, the government, when they are wrong. Though of Irish heritage, I am as much a part of this land as anyone born here....I am the next generation of "Native American" as is any European decendant who was born here; we are "native" to this land, too. This land is part of us and accepts us, if we accept it and love it. Who you are is determined by who you are inside, where your soul lies. My soul is with this land and the people of it...not with those who bow to the highest bidder.

You cut my brothers and sisters and I bleed.

only Hitler did worse in his genocide than the american goverment or canadian did to the red man. there's a good quote that sums it all up in movie about geronimo, where he says to white army officer

" all this land around us and there's no room for the Native Americans "

eazy_mas
11-25-2006, 01:34 AM
only Hitler did worse in his genocide than the american goverment or canadian did to the red man. there's a good quote that sums it all up in movie about geronimo, where he says to white army officer

actully there is some guy who been researching about the jewish genocide and he said it was all propaganda. like flaming human body instead of coal is one of the bogus thing he put there, something that have more 70% water wont ignite fire.

there is much worse genocide but usually it was never taught in school like the Mamalek genocide and the Serb genocide ( reacent), which is much more worse than anythin seen in history. in the Serb genocide Milosiv order his solider to rape muslim women and kill there husband, girls as you as 12 or maybe less where raped. They even incieted them with dog's sperm. and the worst of all when Amercia interviented it did worst even the Nato soldier did the same as well as the people did have there justice Milosivc kept *****ing around about his prision that it did have nice food and was uncomfortabl.
The Nato intervint because Milsovic didnt want to join Nato or else that **** would have come and gone. anyway most people forgetten it because it seems these people lives are worthless

phallus
11-25-2006, 01:39 AM
actully there is some guy who been researching about the jewish genocide and he said it was all propaganda. like flaming human body instead of coal is one of the bogus thing he put there, something that have more 70% water wont ignite fire.

there is much worse genocide but usually it was never taught in school like the Mamalek genocide and the Serb genocide ( reacent), which is much more worse than anythin seen in history. in the Serb genocide Milosiv order his solider to rape muslim women and kill there husband, girls as you as 12 or maybe less where raped. They even incieted them with dog's sperm. and the worst of all when Amercia interviented it did worst even the Nato soldier did the same as well as the people did have there justice Milosivc kept *****ing around about his prision that it did have nice food and was uncomfortabl.
The Nato intervint because Milsovic didnt want to join Nato or else that **** would have come and gone. anyway most people forgetten it because it seems these people lives are worthless

the armenian genocide is always forgotten, except by armenians...hitler told his men that they'd get away with what they did because no one remembers the armenian genocide

eazy_mas
11-25-2006, 02:02 AM
the armenian genocide is always forgotten, except by armenians...hitler told his men that they'd get away with what they did because no one remembers the armenian genocide

for me the armenians genocide is more of famin as claimed by the Turks but the western say the Turks killed them you got two stories but i the one with the turks because west tried to take control of turky completey.

as well as the daily genocide of Palestine are alway forgotten because its dont by the Israel.

like ****la, Bait Hannot and still contiuning and not one says a **** about it and those are recent events.

In Africian coutries there is couple of genocide too.

K-DOGG
11-25-2006, 01:37 PM

Well put, bro. I saw two movies about Geronimo; but it's been a while. If you really want a view of everthing that happened during that shameful period, find a copy of "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee" if you haven't already read it.

__________________________________________________ _______________

eazy mas.......don't believe that "research". The genocide against the Jews did take place; that horrific episode in human history did take place just as the one now taking place along the borders of Chad in Africa.

eazy_mas
11-25-2006, 01:48 PM
eazy mas.......don't believe that "research". The genocide against the Jews did take place; that horrific episode in human history did take place just as the one now taking place along the borders of Chad in Africa.

The Darfur I heard is basicly happens all the time two tribe fighing each other and the problem is because of goats and stuff western make as a big deal and propaganda because they want to topple Sudan.

as for the jewish genocide i must see the whole thing but the guy been researching this thing for 30 years and i just seen a bit and it conviced me like some pictures. and the media of the western is control by jewish and i think it is one of the most basis media around and have a lot of coverups

K-DOGG
11-25-2006, 02:07 PM
The Darfur I heard is basicly happens all the time two tribe fighing each other and the problem is because of goats and stuff western make as a big deal and propaganda because they want to topple Sudan.

as for the jewish genocide i must see the whole thing but the guy been researching this thing for 30 years and i just seen a bit and it conviced me like some pictures. and the media of the western is control by jewish and i think it is one of the most basis media around and have a lot of coverups

Bud, this whole "us and them" thing has got to stop at some point. The Jews are people just like the Arabs, just like the Shoshone, just like the Lakota, just like the Tstutsie, etc. They are not controlling the American media; and the whole "holocaust didn't happen" thing is a bunch of rubbish. No race is superior to any other race, no people are God's chosen people. The Lakota believed they were God's chosen people just as the Hebrews did. The fact is we are all God's children and the bickering between tribes and peoples only keeps us weak. Think how much we could all accomplish if we focussed on what we had in common rather than focussing on what separates us.

And in Darfur, the coverage I've seen is not just from "American media" and I can understand why you would be upset that Muslims are killing Muslims just because they aren't Arab....that's genocide, and those doing the killing are not following the will of God; they are following an evil influence.....just as all those supposed Christians who killed all those Arabs in various times throughout history.

It's all ignorance and using God's name to justify and evil purpose. Covering it up or turning a blind eye to attrocities will not make them go away. We have to look at them with our "God's eye" and judge the wicked and cast them from us. Otherwise, we are destined to forever fight amongst ourselves over what boils down to nothing.

eazy_mas
11-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Bud, this whole "us and them" thing has got to stop at some point. The Jews are people just like the Arabs, just like the Shoshone, just like the Lakota, just like the Tstutsie, etc. They are not controlling the American media; and the whole "holocaust didn't happen" thing is a bunch of rubbish. No race is superior to any other race, no people are God's chosen people. The Lakota believed they were God's chosen people just as the Hebrews did. The fact is we are all God's children and the bickering between tribes and peoples only keeps us weak. Think how much we could all accomplish if we focussed on what we had in common rather than focussing on what separates us.

And in Darfur, the coverage I've seen is not just from "American media" and I can understand why you would be upset that Muslims are killing Muslims just because they aren't Arab....that's genocide, and those doing the killing are not following the will of God; they are following an evil influence.....just as all those supposed Christians who killed all those Arabs in various times throughout history.

It's all ignorance and using God's name to justify and evil purpose. Covering it up or turning a blind eye to atrocities will not make them go away. We have to look at them with our "God's eye" and judge the wicked and cast them from us. Otherwise, we are destined to forever fight amongst ourselves over what boils down to nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish-American_journalists
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish_American_film_directors
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Black_Jews
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jews_in_sports#Professional_Wrestling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish-American_singers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish_American_actors
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Mafia

and many many more

the first guy who made Las Vegas is jew he was friend of Luciono and he is called Busy something.

Lucky Luncion friends are all jew as well as most of the hitman are jew.

compare now.

Jew is a relgion its is not race. Israel is race which most of the prophet came from them.

eazy_mas
11-25-2006, 02:41 PM
I am not trying to be rasic or anything but Arab had some long history of betrayal during its glory times.

it was like during the fall of the islamic empire and there was the Turks been masacared and many events they where many tratoirs so that is why the attiude.

its is just recent but when islam was gloric thing where fine for all people christians and jew who are living under islam occpation

K-DOGG
11-25-2006, 02:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish-American_journalists
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish_American_film_directors
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Black_Jews
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jews_in_sports#Professional_Wrestling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish-American_singers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish_American_actors
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Mafia

and many many more

the first guy who made Las Vegas is jew he was friend of Luciono and he is called Busy something.

Lucky Luncion friends are all jew as well as most of the hitman are jew.

compare now.

Jew is a relgion its is not race. Israel is race which most of the prophet came from them.

I think you've completely missed my point. What you're pointing to here with certain Jews being in certain posistions in not different from them pointing to Osama Bin Ladin or any other number of terorists and saying, "See, they are muslims and muslims are determined to kill all Americans and drive us all into the dark ages and force us to worship their god or be beheaded".

When you pick out a few people here and there and generalize a whole people under the banner, you are spreading half-truths and lies. Those men being Jewish is inconsequential. Do you think all Italians are in the mob as well? It's nonsense, racist, anti-semitic nonsense and means nothing.

We are all the same. There is no us and them despite what "They" want you to believe......and by "they", I mean the spreaders of propoganda; that's the only "us and them". We the people and them the separators.

K-DOGG
11-25-2006, 02:57 PM
I am not trying to be rasic or anything but Arab had some long history of betrayal during its glory times.

it was like during the fall of the islamic empire and there was the Turks been masacared and many events they where many tratoirs so that is why the attiude.

its is just recent but when islam was gloric thing where fine for all people christians and jew who are living under islam occpation

There were many golden ages for a whole variety of people.....and they all ended. You have to let go of something that ended so very long ago. We are living in the here and now; you can't change the past or undo past mistakes of past rulers. Empires and Societies come and go; but we remain.

The Romans had a powerful empire as did Alexander the Great long before the Ottomans. This is the nature of our cultures; rise and fall...and in the end we, the people, the beautifully diverse peoples of the Earth, this little blue ball floating in space, remain. It is us don't you see? We and all around us....we are all related, for we are all men.

eazy_mas
11-25-2006, 03:01 PM
I think you've completely missed my point. What you're pointing to here with certain Jews being in certain posistions in not different from them pointing to Osama Bin Ladin or any other number of terorists and saying, "See, they are muslims and muslims are determined to kill all Americans and drive us all into the dark ages and force us to worship their god or be beheaded".

When you pick out a few people here and there and generalize a whole people under the banner, you are spreading half-truths and lies. Those men being Jewish is inconsequential. Do you think all Italians are in the mob as well? It's nonsense, racist, anti-semitic nonsense and means nothing.

We are all the same. There is no us and them despite what "They" want you to believe......and by "they", I mean the spreaders of propoganda; that's the only "us and them". We the people and them the separators.

I not trying to be anti-semitic but when they bomb our brothers in palestine day and night and no new agence say the commetted act of terror is something wrong. When 100s where killed by the gun and choppers and not news station seem to say it. When a small boy without a weapon and a man with M16s and snipers shooting anyone on site nobody seem to care.

but once this opperation and come to a strike back strong action is taken.

but the word terrorist is always resembls muslim or middle easterns.

silence even from arabs and some even critized each other

I cool with Jew but i dont like there socity like Henry ford said it.

K-DOGG
11-25-2006, 03:11 PM
I not trying to be anti-semitic but when they bomb our brothers in palestine day and night and no new agence say the commetted act of terror is something wrong. When 100s where killed by the gun and choppers and not news station seem to say it. When a small boy without a weapon and a man with M16s and snipers shooting anyone on site nobody seem to care.

but once this opperation and come to a strike back strong action is taken.

but the word terrorist is always resembls muslim or middle easterns.

silence even from arabs and some even critized each other

I cool with Jew but i dont like there socity like Henry ford said it.

I would say I understand; but that would be discrediting the pain you've felt that I never have. All I can tell you is I empathize and I see why you feel the way to you do.

What you saw was wrong and Israel, the nation, I feel has dealt very harshly, overly so; and anytime innocent blood is spilt, God weeps and is angered, regardless of whether it is the blood of a Jew or an Arab or an Englishman, or an African. Innocent blood is innocent blood and whoever spills it is an attocity to mankind. I have heard horror stories of which you speak; and you are right.....the press does not cover the bloodshed fairly at all; they do slant the stories to make certain people look like "good guys" and certain people to look like "bad guys".....and this is wrong; and misleads the ignorant masses. People rely on the news to tell us what is going on, so if you lie to the people, they think a lie is the truth.........once again, propaganda that separates us and keeps us down.

A change needs to come to this world, for those in power want to keep it and we, the people, are suffering, for they are having us kill each other through ignorance when THEY are the enemy.

I am sorry for you suffering my friend.....it never should have happened; and it should have been told for the world to hear so we could all share in your outrage and pain. As I wrote in my second post, when my brothers and sisters are cut, I bleed.....we all do, whether we recognize our brothers and sisters or not. The spreaders of lies and propoganda are killing all of us slowly by having our distrust towards one another grow to where we kill each other while they reap the rewards.

eazy_mas
11-25-2006, 03:21 PM
I would say I understand; but that would be discrediting the pain you've felt that I never have. All I can tell you is I empathize and I see why you feel the way to you do.

What you saw was wrong and Israel, the nation, I feel has dealt very harshly, overly so; and anytime innocent blood is spilt, God weeps and is angered, regardless of whether it is the blood of a Jew or an Arab or an Englishman, or an African. Innocent blood is innocent blood and whoever spills it is an attocity to mankind. I have heard horror stories of which you speak; and you are right.....the press does not cover the bloodshed fairly at all; they do slant the stories to make certain people look like "good guys" and certain people to look like "bad guys".....and this is wrong; and misleads the ignorant masses. People rely on the news to tell us what is going on, so if you lie to the people, they think a lie is the truth.........once again, propaganda that separates us and keeps us down.

A change needs to come to this world, for those in power want to keep it and we, the people, are suffering, for they are having us kill each other through ignorance when THEY are the enemy.

I am sorry for you suffering my friend.....it never should have happened; and it should have been told for the world to hear so we could all share in your outrage and pain. As I wrote in my second post, when my brothers and sisters are cut, I bleed.....we all do, whether we recognize our brothers and sisters or not. The spreaders of lies and propoganda are killing all of us slowly by having our distrust towards one another grow to where we kill each other while they reap the rewards.

Dont feel sorry for me because i living a normal life but people in palestine are the once you should feel for them.

media is a powerful tool where you could control the people without them feeling that they are controled and that is a dangerous thing.

I thinking to make a new thread talking about the media could be better

K-DOGG
11-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Dont feel sorry for me because i living a normal life but people in palestine are the once you should feel for them.

media is a powerful tool where you could control the people without them feeling that they are controled and that is a dangerous thing.

I thinking to make a new thread talking about the media could be better

Glad to hear you're not in the middle of that mess....and I do feel for them as I feel for all oppressed people.

eazy_mas
11-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Glad to hear you're not in the middle of that mess....and I do feel for them as I feel for all oppressed people.

one of the worst feeling is to be helpless and silent.

most people are like that these days and it is really sucks

The Noose
11-26-2006, 08:51 PM

****in love that.
just wish i could pronounce it.

The Noose
11-27-2006, 12:43 AM
Maybe this should be in the poetry thread, or the religion thread, or the war thread, or the free will thread...

But anyway...

"Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys
Where there's one you're bound to divide it
Right in two

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason,
And this is what they choose?

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs they forge a blade
And where there's one they're bound to divide it
Right in two

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys, give them thumbs they make a club,
And beat their brother down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability,
To lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over your lie, over blood, over anything
Fight over love, over sun, over nothing
Fight till they die,
over what? for their ending

Angels on the sideline again,
Mixing love with patience and reason.
Angels on the sideline again,
Wondering where this tug of war will end."

Lyrics to a song by Tool called Right In Two.
I thought it belonged somewhere in this lounge.

K-DOGG
11-27-2006, 08:18 AM
No, Bobby....I think it fits right in. :)

K-DOGG
11-27-2006, 08:20 AM
****in love that.
just wish i could pronounce it.

I'm going to try this phonetically...

Me-tah-ku'-yay O-yah'-sin.

Sin City
11-30-2006, 02:37 AM
Great example of propaganda... Cold War. I've meet Russian whose parents supported the CCCP [soviet union] You Bring up Stalin and they say that that was the Unions George Bush....only worst. But they praise Lenin, Karl Marx and the war heroes of the October revolution. Others...like my dentist, Hated communism and everything that came with the Soviet Union...they have stories of the KGB and **** that are crazy. But the propaganda that they saw was no different then the propaganda Americans saw of the Soviet Union. America was evil in there eyes as the CCCP was evil in ours. Some Americans liked the Soivet Union some don't. Doesn't matter now because it no longer exists, But some Russians hated America...Some didn't. It all depends how you take the information in and view it. The American Government can criticize Hitler for concentration camps but what we are doing to muslim prisoners in prisons like Abu-grab isn't any different... Some are innocent...the majority maybe, I don't know. But what I'm trying to say is that no one nation is perfect and we all have our evil and flaws.....Muslims have suicide Bombers, Hitler had concentration camps, Jews killing innocent people etc. No one group is more morally superior than the other or better because they all have their evils.

I've realised that the majority of conflict in the world is over religion and if there was a god....he wouldn't be letting us do such things to each other...and don't give me that god gave us free will. Because if god can destroy Saudam and Gamora or however you spell that...He can also help people in Africa that are starving, help the people in of Israel and Palestine end there conflict! So many people are fighting for this imaginary man, why doesn't he just show himself and show the people who the real god is so they can stop arguing and killing themselves over the debate. Why doesn't he? Because in my opinion he doesn't exist....Hes a mad up character who people invented to help deal with the hardships of life! Praising a god is okay if you think it will make your life easier...but not when guns are drawn in his name!

eazy_mas
11-30-2006, 06:23 AM
Great example of propaganda... Cold War. I've meet Russian whose parents supported the CCCP [soviet union] You Bring up Stalin and they say that that was the Unions George Bush....only worst. But they praise Lenin, Karl Marx and the war heroes of the October revolution. Others...like my dentist, Hated communism and everything that came with the Soviet Union...they have stories of the KGB and **** that are crazy. But the propaganda that they saw was no different then the propaganda Americans saw of the Soviet Union. America was evil in there eyes as the CCCP was evil in ours. Some Americans liked the Soivet Union some don't. Doesn't matter now because it no longer exists, But some Russians hated America...Some didn't. It all depends how you take the information in and view it. The American Government can criticize Hitler for concentration camps but what we are doing to muslim prisoners in prisons like Abu-grab isn't any different... Some are innocent...the majority maybe, I don't know. But what I'm trying to say is that no one nation is perfect and we all have our evil and flaws.....Muslims have suicide Bombers, Hitler had concentration camps, Jews killing innocent people etc. No one group is more morally superior than the other or better because they all have their evils.

I've realised that the majority of conflict in the world is over religion and if there was a god....he wouldn't be letting us do such things to each other...and don't give me that god gave us free will. Because if god can destroy Saudam and Gamora or however you spell that...He can also help people in Africa that are starving, help the people in of Israel and Palestine end there conflict! So many people are fighting for this imaginary man, why doesn't he just show himself and show the people who the real god is so they can stop arguing and killing themselves over the debate. Why doesn't he? Because in my opinion he doesn't exist....Hes a mad up character who people invented to help deal with the hardships of life! Praising a god is okay if you think it will make your life easier...but not when guns are drawn in his name!

God made some difference to test people. If you are patince and you work hard you will pass but if you are not then you wont pass the test. As well as God created use to pray for him, and prayers come in different forms not only the one done in chruchs and mosques but also good deeds is consider like a prayer. But some part of the most i agree with you.

K-DOGG
11-30-2006, 10:46 AM

I've realised that the majority of conflict in the world is over religion and if there was a god....he wouldn't be letting us do such things to each other...and don't give me that god gave us free will. Because if god can destroy Saudam and Gamora or however you spell that...He can also help people in Africa that are starving, help the people in of Israel and Palestine end there conflict! So many people are fighting for this imaginary man, why doesn't he just show himself and show the people who the real god is so they can stop arguing and killing themselves over the debate. Why doesn't he? Because in my opinion he doesn't exist....Hes a mad up character who people invented to help deal with the hardships of life! Praising a god is okay if you think it will make your life easier...but not when guns are drawn in his name!]

Great post, though I disagree with your second paragraph. The first one was spot on, in my opionion.

What I disagree with, honestly, is the existance and the role of God. Whether or not Sodom and Gomorrah even existed is up for debate; but all evidence points to that story being based on an event that either happened or didn't much earlier than the Bible, which is far from accurate in some respects, says it did. In the end, Sodom and Gomorah is merely a moral tale written down by the Hebrew ancients.

In regards to why God doesn't "do something".....he wants us to do it, for we live here and he acts through us, for he is in all of us; it's just up to us to either listen to Him/Her or not. Those people die becasue we do nothing....nothing but complain about "God" not doing anyting.

Least, that's the way I see it.

Sin City
11-30-2006, 04:22 PM
]

Great post, though I disagree with your second paragraph. The first one was spot on, in my opionion.

What I disagree with, honestly, is the existance and the role of God. Whether or not Sodom and Gomorrah even existed is up for debate; but all evidence points to that story being based on an event that either happened or didn't much earlier than the Bible, which is far from accurate in some respects, says it did. In the end, Sodom and Gomorah is merely a moral tale written down by the Hebrew ancients.

In regards to why God doesn't "do something".....he wants us to do it, for we live here and he acts through us, for he is in all of us; it's just up to us to either listen to Him/Her or not. Those people die becasue we do nothing....nothing but complain about "God" not doing anyting.

Least, that's the way I see it.
I agree to disagree. lol. I respect both of your beliefs, If religion and god makes you happy then thats great and more power to you.