View Full Version : Frank Warren is an absolute ****ing gimp

GEOFFHAYES
11-24-2006, 01:43 AM
I just read where he recently listed his top five favourite fighters and top five favourite fights he's promoted..

Fighters-

1- Nigel Benn
2- Naseem Hamed
3- Frank Bruno
4- Joe Calzaghe
5- Amir Khan

Fights-

1- Nigel Benn/Gerald McClellan
2- Joe Calzaghe/Jeff Lacy
3- Frank Bruno/Oliver McCall
4- Naseem Hamed/Kevin Kelley
5- Chris Eubank/Carl Thompson I

I find it hilarious how he left out Ricky Hatton and Hatton-Tszyu. What a complete asswipe he is.

MickyHatton
11-24-2006, 05:37 AM
I just read where he recently listed his top five favourite fighters and top five favourite fights he's promoted..

Fighters-

1- Nigel Benn
2- Naseem Hamed
3- Frank Bruno
4- Joe Calzaghe
5- Amir Khan

Fights-

1- Nigel Benn/Gerald McClellan
2- Joe Calzaghe/Jeff Lacy
3- Frank Bruno/Oliver McCall
4- Naseem Hamed/Kevin Kelley
5- Chris Eubank/Carl Thompson I

I find it hilarious how he left out Ricky Hatton and Hatton-Tszyu. What a complete asswipe he is.

It about business, Hatton left him so....if Calzaghe walked tomorrow then he would mysteriously leave that list.
For Warren its always been about money and having the monopoly on British fighters, if one of the them decides to leave his flock he is worthless to Warren regardless of how good a fighter is!

I dont dislike Warren, I understand him and his motives although I dont respect them. There are a million Frank Warrens out there in different sectors of business. He is only concerned in looking after himself, if the boxers realise this then they will understand him!

riza
11-24-2006, 07:58 AM
fw is an asswipe he never pays out the money for big fights. look at calzaghe he could have been a much bigger star by now

The Raging Bull
11-24-2006, 08:19 AM
fw is an asswipe he never pays out the money for big fights. look at calzaghe he could have been a much bigger star by now

Yep. He doesn't care about the fighters legacy's, jus his money. Think of how big Calzaghe would be if he were with a different promoter.

Shanus
11-24-2006, 08:55 AM
Of course he wouldn't mention Hatton/Tszyu, because Hatton left him.

Remember he said Hatton had a great chance of beating Floyd while he was still promoting him, only to say he would lose when Hatton left?

It's just bad feelings towards one another that's caused that, doesn't make him a ****ing gimp though, just a human.

Liaison
11-24-2006, 10:45 AM
I think itís unfair to say that if Calzaghe werenít with Warren, heíd be a much bigger star. He wasnít anywhere near a title shot with Mickey Duff, he moves to Warren, couple of fights later his got Eubank for a shot at the wbo title. Now would he have thought bigger names if he were under a different promoter while champ, doubt it, he faced everyone from SM (bar ottke) and won. Only claim people can make is that Warren held him back from fighting at LH.

rooq
11-24-2006, 03:09 PM
I think itís unfair to say that if Calzaghe werenít with Warren, heíd be a much bigger star. He wasnít anywhere near a title shot with Mickey Duff, he moves to Warren, couple of fights later his got Eubank for a shot at the wbo title.

true, although mickey duff never had a pet boxing organisation like frank does.

anyway, as far as british promoters go, would anyone else have done a better job? maloney?... hennessey?... hobson?

GEOFFHAYES
11-25-2006, 02:40 AM
Only claim people can make is that Warren held him back from fighting at LH.

I think it was more Joe wanting to keep his world title, and not prepared to fight at LHW unless it was a big fight or world title fight.

GEOFFHAYES
11-25-2006, 08:25 PM
anyway, as far as british promoters go, would anyone else have done a better job? maloney?... hennessey?... hobson?

How could they, unless they came up with the $5mill Jones was asking for or the $6mill Hopkins asked for?

col Blake
11-28-2006, 08:20 AM
Have you read Frank Warrens Column in the News of the World, from the very day Hatton left him he has bad mouthed him, garneted there is a piece about how Hattonís career has nose dived since they split, Hatton a fat fighter who canít look after himself between fighters, father who canít look after him, Warren is a **** house scum bag, who thinks he is British boxing, if thatís so why have Sky dumped him, why canít he get WBC/WBA fights is it because his fighters are **** and WBC fighters would mop the floor with his camp. Even his golden boy Joe (I wonít fight out side of Britain) Calzaghe gets hand picked fights now he wont even defend his title and has been stripped, just the same as big Girl Hamed. He runs the WBO so just like wanka Johnny Nelson he avoids the best so he can keep making money, the man has no balls.
THE BIGGEST **** IN BOXING.
Even Barry Hearn gets WBC fights and I canít stand him, I think Terry Marsh had the right idea.

Flagellum Dei
11-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Yep. He doesn't care about the fighters legacy's, jus his money. Think of how big Calzaghe would be if he were with a different promoter.

I disagree with this statement, if Calzaghe had a different promoter, then he would not be world champion, as he may have been asked to box someone under the age of 97 - which would have lead to his defeat/retirement, then demise! Warren is the perfect promoter for such cowards?!

Moreover, if everyone hates Warren so much, then don't give him your money, and don't watch his events - it really is that simple!

Shanus
11-28-2006, 11:28 AM
I disagree with this statement, if Calzaghe had a different promoter, then he would not be world champion, as he may have been asked to box someone under the age of 97 - which would have lead to his defeat/retirement, then demise! Warren is the perfect promoter for such cowards?!

Moreover, if everyone hates Warren so much, then don't give him your money, and don't watch his events - it really is that simple!

You're either Danish or retarded.

Oasis_Lad
11-28-2006, 11:31 AM

or both! ...

Flagellum Dei
11-28-2006, 11:46 AM
LOL!?! This coming from someone who's lives in Cardiff, go and play with sheep, boyo,!!! I wonder why you're biased!!!

Flagellum Dei
11-28-2006, 11:48 AM
LOL!?!?! And you actually hint at liking Oasis, erm who's the real retard! This is a boxing forum, not a knitting forum, maybe you should go find one

Oasis_Lad
11-28-2006, 11:59 AM
LOL!?!?! And you actually hint at liking Oasis, erm who's the real retard! This is a boxing forum, not a knitting forum, maybe you should go find one

worst alt in history

Shanus
11-28-2006, 12:49 PM
LOL!?! This coming from someone who's lives in Cardiff, go and play with sheep, boyo,!!! I wonder why you're biased!!!

I'm not biased at all, he hasn't fought great competition but they weren't 97 year olds and you're an idiot to think that if he was with another promoter he wouldn't be a champion, how the **** does that make sense? Do the promoters do the fighting for them now? ****.

Flagellum Dei
11-28-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm not biased at all, he hasn't fought great competition but they weren't 97 year olds and you're an idiot to think that if he was with another promoter he wouldn't be a champion, how the **** does that make sense? Do the promoters do the fighting for them now? ****.

Hang on a minute dip ****!?! Didn't you state in your initial argument *by agreeing with Raging Bull* that Warren held back Calzaghe; i.e. so that he could make money i.e. by insisting that Calzaghe fought poor opposition; which you reiterate that in the above statement? Then surely, using your argument, any other promoter would do the same, right d'uh! My argument divvy, is that a promoter like Don King *like him or loathe him* would have insisted in Calzaghe fighting a bigger named opponent which probably would have ended with Calzaghe's defeat! And you're an idiot if you believe that Calzaghe would have beaten Jones at his peak

MickyHatton
11-29-2006, 09:52 AM

I'd go with retarded!

MickyHatton
11-29-2006, 09:57 AM
I'd go with retarded!

I had better be careful as he might make hurtful references to me coming from Liverpool, he might even say I should go cash my giro or that I should 'calm down calm down'!

Shanus
11-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Hang on a minute dip ****!?! Didn't you state in your initial argument *by agreeing with Raging Bull* that Warren held back Calzaghe; i.e. so that he could make money i.e. by insisting that Calzaghe fought poor opposition; which you reiterate that in the above statement? Then surely, using your argument, any other promoter would do the same, right d'uh! My argument divvy, is that a promoter like Don King *like him or loathe him* would have insisted in Calzaghe fighting a bigger named opponent which probably would have ended with Calzaghe's defeat! And you're an idiot if you believe that Calzaghe would have beaten Jones at his peak

Even if Warren did hold back Calzaghe, what the **** has that got to do with Calzaghe getting defeated?

Name an opponent who would have beaten Calzaghe at 168 from 1997-2006, Roy Jones Jr. wasn't at SMW when Calzaghe became champion, and neither was B-Hop.

So even if Calzaghe did have another promoter, there was nobody out there to beat him, not Ottke, not Lacy, nobody.

Flagellum Dei
11-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Even if Warren did hold back Calzaghe, what the **** has that got to do with Calzaghe getting defeated?

Name an opponent who would have beaten Calzaghe at 168 from 1997-2006, Roy Jones Jr. wasn't at SMW when Calzaghe became champion, and neither was B-Hop.

So even if Calzaghe did have another promoter, there was nobody out there to beat him, not Ottke, not Lacy, nobody.

Well, it's rather subjective, maybe nobody back in 1997 (just as the Heavyweight devision is devoid of any really talent at present); but now it's 2006 and Taylor is out there, as is Kessler, not to mention a vastly improved Woods! I doubt Calzaghe would box Johnson! A few years earlier and Nigel Benn would have put him in hospital!

And if Calzaghe is SO wonderful why is his next bout against erm Peter Manfredo (coz he won't box anyone he believes will test him - I mean Manfredo had to partake in a reality show to revive his flagging career, what does that tell you)? C'mon even you must admit that Calzaghe's decision to box Hopkins was based on cowardice! And ask yourself why Calzaghe is now boxing on a free to air television channel? Where are the pay-per-views receipts now?

And going back to my original argument - Warren will not allow Calzaghe to box anyone he stands a chance of losing too - which is just as well, as Calzaghe will not box anyone he considers a threat, so in effective they are perfectly matched!?!

'Always some angle to hang on to the title longer than I should have had it' - Rocky (1976).

Shanus
11-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Well, it's rather subjective, maybe nobody back in 1997 (just as the Heavyweight devision is devoid of any really talent at present); but now it's 2006 and Taylor is out there, as is Kessler, not to mention a vastly improved Woods! I doubt Calzaghe would box Johnson! A few years earlier and Nigel Benn would have put him in hospital!

And if Calzaghe is SO wonderful why is his next bout against erm Peter Manfredo (coz he won't box anyone he believes will test him - I mean Manfredo had to partake in a reality show to revive his flagging career, what does that tell you)? C'mon even you must admit that Calzaghe's decision to box Hopkins was based on cowardice! And ask yourself why Calzaghe is now boxing on a free to air television channel? Where are the pay-per-views receipts now?

And going back to my original argument - Warren will not allow Calzaghe to box anyone he stands a chance of losing too - which is just as well, as Calzaghe will not box anyone he considers a threat, so in effective they are perfectly matched!?!

'Always some angle to hang on to the title longer than I should have had it' - Rocky (1976).

Warren won't allow Calzaghe to box anybody he stands a chance of losing to?

Who the **** was Lacy, everybody and their grandmother was predicting Lacy to knock out Calzaghe within 6 rounds.

And Nigel Benn might have beaten Joe, but I doubt it.

And could you please tell me what you mean by saying Calzaghe decided to box Hopkins out of Cowardice? The two have never stepped in the ring together.

Flagellum Dei
11-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Warren won't allow Calzaghe to box anybody he stands a chance of losing to?

Who the **** was Lacy, everybody and their grandmother was predicting Lacy to knock out Calzaghe within 6 rounds.

And Nigel Benn might have beaten Joe, but I doubt it.

And could you please tell me what you mean by saying Calzaghe decided to box Hopkins out of Cowardice? The two have never stepped in the ring together.

Firstly, I predicted on another boxing forum, 2 months before the Calzaghe/Lacy fight was announced that Calzaghe would choose to fight Lacy! And other people here on this forum can confirm that! How did I know that *duck duck* Calzaghe would choose Lacy, am I psychic? No, but Lacy was a blown up SMW at best - even The Ring magazine predicted the LAcy/Calzaghe for the reasons I have stated! Yea, Lacy looked bigger than Calzaghe, but that means nothing - but have you seen how big Tommy Hearns is these days! And I never believed for one second that Lacy would defeat Calzaghe, again other users on this forum will verify that! Just the same as I predicted Benn to stop McClellan; and Watson to beat Benn (admittedly not by a stoppage)!

To answer your question, Hopkins is old (41), pretty shot now, and lighter than *duck duck* Calzaghe, thus in effective getting Calzaghe the unlevel playing field he requires in order to win! Ultimately, we saw the same thing with Hamed, he went along beating rubbish opponents, making money, and people adored him (duno why)! Then he fought one world class opponent and was destroyed (and forced into retirement after his next bout) and dodged the rematch!

Bottom line is Calzaghe thinks he's great (but he truly knows, he dodges opponents, you yourself stated as much when you said he hasn't fought any really big names) and people buy into that illusion! There is no way you can put Calzaghe in the same class as Benn, Tyson, Hagler and Lewis etc all of whom fought the best of their respective divisions!

rooq
11-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Firstly, I predicted on another boxing forum, 2 months before the Calzaghe/Lacy fight was announced that Calzaghe would choose to fight Lacy! And other people here on this forum can confirm that! How did I know that *duck duck* Calzaghe would choose Lacy, am I psychic? No, but Lacy was a blown up SMW at best - even The Ring magazine predicted the LAcy/Calzaghe for the reasons I have stated! Yea, Lacy looked bigger than Calzaghe, but that means nothing - but have you seen how big Tommy Hearns is these days! And I never believed for one second that Lacy would defeat Calzaghe, again other users on this forum will verify that! Just the same as I predicted Benn to stop McClellan; and Watson to beat Benn (admittedly not by a stoppage)!

To answer your question, Hopkins is old (41), pretty shot now, and lighter than *duck duck* Calzaghe, thus in effective getting Calzaghe the unlevel playing field he requires in order to win! Ultimately, we saw the same thing with Hamed, he went along beating rubbish opponents, making money, and people adored him (duno why)! Then he fought one world class opponent and was destroyed (and forced into retirement after his next bout) and dodged the rematch!

Bottom line is Calzaghe thinks he's great (but he truly knows, he dodges opponents, you yourself stated as much when you said he hasn't fought any really big names) and people buy into that illusion! There is no way you can put Calzaghe in the same class as Benn, Tyson, Hagler and Lewis etc all of whom fought the best of their respective divisions!

just out of interest, who (other than kessler) would calzaghe have to beat to get your respect?

Flagellum Dei
11-29-2006, 07:10 PM
just out of interest, who (other than kessler) would calzaghe have to beat to get your respect?

Well, Johnson; Taylor and Woods. Surely, every sports person wants to be the best in their chosen field right? So if Calzaghe wants to be considered the best, surely he must face the best right? Even if Calzaghe lost to either Woods, Johnson and/or Taylor, then he would gain respect as at least he has given it a go and not tried to dodge decent opposition!

Shanus
11-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Well, Johnson; Taylor and Woods. Surely, every sports person wants to be the best in their chosen field right? So if Calzaghe wants to be considered the best, surely he must face the best right? Even if Calzaghe lost to either Woods, Johnson and/or Taylor, then he would gain respect as at least he has given it a go and not tried to dodge decent opposition!

Did you see Johnson/Woods 3?

They're both sloppy and wouldn't go the distance with Joe, Joe is looking to fight Taylor anyway.

GEOFFHAYES
11-30-2006, 04:26 AM
And Joe has already out-classed Starie and Sheika, who out-classed Woods and Johnson respectively.

MickyHatton
11-30-2006, 05:00 AM

I can see where you are coming from but Johnson and Woods?

Taylor OK but would Taylor come up because there is no way Joe can go down!

Kessler for me is the most interesting fight out there (unless the Hopkins fight materialises)

Flagellum Dei
11-30-2006, 07:23 AM
I can see where you are coming from but Johnson and Woods?

Taylor OK but would Taylor come up because there is no way Joe can go down!

Kessler for me is the most interesting fight out there (unless the Hopkins fight materialises)

Woods and Johnson both have heart and would give 110%! I believe Woods and Johnson would beat Calzaghe (provided so many hard bouts haven't paid their toll) simply because Calzaghe doesn't like to hit pressured or hit (which is a pre-requisite for any boxer)! I believe that Calzaghe is more of a 'celebrity' boxer than a boxer's boxer!

Yea, Taylor would have to step up, which is why he'll choose to box him instead of Kessler ! But still, Taylor is a much better boxer than Calzaghe!

Flagellum Dei
11-30-2006, 07:27 AM
And Joe has already out-classed Starie and Sheika, who out-classed Woods and Johnson respectively.

Yea, but things don't work like that! For example, Foreman destroyed Frasier, however Frasier beat Ali, then Ali beat Foreman! Just because Frasier beat Ali, (who beat Foreman), didn't mean he would also beat Foreman! Does that make sense!

col Blake
11-30-2006, 12:44 PM
I thought this was a thread about Wank Warren not crap Welsh fighters and there has been a few.

GEOFFHAYES
11-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Yea, but things don't work like that! For example, Foreman destroyed Frasier, however Frasier beat Ali, then Ali beat Foreman! Just because Frasier beat Ali, (who beat Foreman), didn't mean he would also beat Foreman! Does that make sense!

I know. I was just saying.

Shanus
11-30-2006, 01:03 PM
A blind man wouldn't even pick Johnson and Woods over Calzaghe.

They proved in their last fight that they're only regarded as champion material because the division is extremely weak and at its worst.

Flagellum Dei
11-30-2006, 01:18 PM
A blind man wouldn't even pick Johnson and Woods over Calzaghe.

They proved in their last fight that they're only regarded as champion material because the division is extremely weak and at its worst.

Yea, you're right, the division is weak which is why Calzaghe is champion

Shanus
11-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Yea, you're right, the division is weak which is why Calzaghe is champion

Funnily enough they fight at two different weight divisions.

Flagellum Dei
11-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Funnily enough they fight at two different weight divisions.

Well, didn't Clazaghe start at SMW, again quite weak at the time, which you readily admit! Hey, all credit to you, if you really believe Calzaghe is great, I just can't help thinking you've been duped into believing the hype - just like the Hamed and Harrison (Audley) fans of recent times!

Shanus
11-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Well, didn't Clazaghe start at SMW, again quite weak at the time, which you readily admit! Hey, all credit to you, if you really believe Calzaghe is great, I just can't help thinking you've been duped into believing the hype - just like the Hamed and Harrison (Audley) fans of recent times!

The only people hyping Calzaghe are the Americans, and he will fill the boots they've given him.

What are you talking about? He didn't just start a SMW, he's still at SMW.

And he's never fought at LHW either, I don't know where you've heard that from.

For somebody who's trying to put up an argument, you certainly haven't done your research.

Flagellum Dei
11-30-2006, 02:45 PM
The only people hyping Calzaghe are the Americans, and he will fill the boots they've given him.

What are you talking about? He didn't just start a SMW, he's still at SMW.

And he's never fought at LHW either, I don't know where you've heard that from.

For somebody who's trying to put up an argument, you certainly haven't done your research.

LOL! I'm the only person to offer a cogent argument, and have answered all your arguments with counter arguments, where as you have only pro-offered personal attacks - and have not offered any real counter arguments! Wasn't there talk of Calzaghe moving upto LHW? That is what I mean't, I didn't think that I would have to explain that though, you being a Calzaghe sycophant !

Finally, and this is the last thing i'll say on the issue, talking of blind men even Stevie Wonder could see the Calzaghe is a fraud, I know Wales don't ascend to many sporting achievements and believe me I used to live in Cardiff - but even Owain Glyndwr would tell you that Calzaghe's a fraud

Shanus
11-30-2006, 02:58 PM
LOL! I'm the only person to offer a cogent argument, and have answered all your arguments with counter arguments, where as you have only pro-offered personal attacks - and have not offered any real counter arguments! Wasn't there talk of Calzaghe moving upto LHW? That is what I mean't, I didn't think that I would have to explain that though, you being a Calzaghe sycophant !

Finally, and this is the last thing i'll say on the issue, talking of blind men even Stevie Wonder could see the Calzaghe is a fraud, I know Wales don't ascend to many sporting achievements and believe me I used to live in Cardiff - but even Owain Glyndwr would tell you that Calzaghe's a fraud

Alright, you've said your bit.. I wasn't looking for an argument, I just didn't agree with things you said, and was slightly bewildered too.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Flagellum Dei
11-30-2006, 03:05 PM
I had better be careful as he might make hurtful references to me coming from Liverpool, he might even say I should go cash my giro or that I should 'calm down calm down'!

Hey, it not your fault you come from Liverpool, and yea the Liver birds was crap!!! Hey, Liverpool isn't to far from Wales so many you could also go and play in fields whilst the sheep are gambling - as you're from Liverpool I would look that up (I could go on but that would be to easy)! Do they even have colour televisions in Liverpool, or do you listen to boxing via radio or should i say wireless!

As for retarded, I have offered a consistant argument throughout, unlike the other sycophants and idiots here!

rooq
12-01-2006, 01:18 PM
just came across an article on frank warren's site where he claims he has tried setting up Haye - Macca, and he wouldn't have a problem with calzaghe fighting froch...

http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/News/Articles/2006/11/28/do-you-want-it.html

col Blake
12-02-2006, 01:08 PM
saying and doing are two very different things in Wank Warrens two faced world, try reading his crap in tomorrows News of the World, I bet you he is bad mouthing Hatton, the best thing in British boxing and he can't have it Great stuff.