View Full Version : Pac: Fastest Hands Ever?

Southpaw16
11-20-2006, 03:09 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a fighter with the handspeed of Manny Pacquiao. He isn't the greatest fighter ever, but in terms of raw handspeed I think he is the best. P4P handspeed probably goes to Ali or Robinson, and Leonard was amazingly fast, but I don't think as fast as Pac.

*AKO PA HA!
11-20-2006, 03:15 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a fighter with the handspeed of Manny Pacquiao. He isn't the greatest fighter ever, but in terms of raw handspeed I think he is the best. P4P handspeed probably goes to Ali or Robinson, and Leonard was amazingly fast, but I don't think as fast as Pac.
i agree w/ you.

rustyco23
11-20-2006, 03:17 AM
Um he isn't really close to being the fastest. Hector Camacho and Meldrick Taylor are by far the fastest, rarely are fighters fast enough to throw 8 or 9 punch combos

esponda
11-20-2006, 03:32 AM
TODAY i think he is the fastest.....

Animal Squabbs
11-20-2006, 03:38 AM
SUGAR SHANE MOSLEY, nuff said.

also

Meldrick Taylor

Southpaw16
11-20-2006, 03:46 AM
Um he isn't really close to being the fastest. Hector Camacho and Meldrick Taylor are by far the fastest, rarely are fighters fast enough to throw 8 or 9 punch combos

I don't think that either of those guys could move their hands as fast as Pac. Pac doesn't throw as many punches in his combinations because of his style, almost all his punches are power punches. The amazing thing is that Pac lands at an amazing rate and his combinations are actually predictable, he doesn't use almost any feints, and he doesn't set up his power punches with soft ones or change speeds, he just throws so hard and fast that they blow by defenses.

Southpaw16
11-20-2006, 03:47 AM
crap, sorry guys, double post, at first I didn't see my second post so I though it didn't come up lol.

Southpaw16
11-20-2006, 03:48 AM
oh wait, it wasn't a double post, I am slowly exposing myself as being computer illiterate.

Yaman
11-20-2006, 04:09 AM
I havent seen many of his fights, so i dont know how if his hands would be as fast as the training footage showed. From what i've seen, i agree with you sir. that speed is still in my head. Awesome.

Kid Achilles
11-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Mosley faster than Pacquaio? Are you serious?

+= El Jefe=+
11-20-2006, 09:42 AM
i think he means P4P, but due to his size pacs hands are faster....

Shanus
11-20-2006, 09:44 AM
I don't think he has the fastest hands ever, Amir Khan hits just as fast and he's a higher weight, but Amir Khan is a freak of nature for his weight with that hand speed, but Pacman definately has extremely good hand speed, one of the fastest today.

+= El Jefe=+
11-20-2006, 09:48 AM
I don't think he has the fastest hands ever, Amir Khan hits just as fast and he's a higher weight, but Amir Khan is a freak of nature for his weight with that hand speed, but Pacman definately has extremely good hand speed, one of the fastest today.

you made me think of Prince Nassem

Shanus
11-20-2006, 10:23 AM
you made me think of Prince Nassem

Naz had fast hands, but not as fast as Khans.. watch early in his career, he looked alot more awkward than talented, Amir Khans hand speed far outshines Naz's.

+= El Jefe=+
11-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Naz had fast hands, but not as fast as Khans.. watch early in his career, he looked alot more awkward than talented, Amir Khans hand speed far outshines Naz's.

i've seen Kahn fight, he is talented, i see him as future champ, but not too much fame outside the UK

Shanus
11-20-2006, 10:28 AM
i've seen Kahn fight, he is talented, i see him as future champ, but not too much fame outside the UK

He's in a tough division, a possible future Welterweight, he needs to improve his defense and he's the complete package if his chin can hold up, that's untested right now.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP7UCIqqCjY&mode=related&search=

kadyo
11-20-2006, 10:34 AM
I don't think he has the fastest hands ever, Amir Khan hits just as fast and he's a higher weight, but Amir Khan is a freak of nature for his weight with that hand speed, but Pacman definately has extremely good hand speed, one of the fastest today.Amir Khan? Is he a descendant of genghis? Maybe his great great great grandfather was brought by marco polo to timbuktu. :lol1:

Shanus
11-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Amir Khan? Is he a descendant of genghis? Maybe his great great great grandfather was brought by marco polo to timbuktu. :lol1:

Lol, probably.

K-DOGG
11-20-2006, 07:08 PM

Uh, no. He's fast; but the fastest hands I've ever seen were on a young Meldrick Taylor. He was faster than Pac-man.

Abe Attell
11-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Meldrick Taylor was freakishly fast...I would put a prime Shane Mosley on there, as well as Ray Leonard. Have to think about the rest

It depends on the speed we are talking about: Flurry speed, or power-punch speed?

Watch at 49 seconds, the flurries are amazing

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GC70st9y80"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GC70st9y80" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

cyberthugpatrol
11-20-2006, 07:15 PM

congrats to Manny for a great win, but now this is going oevrboard.

next, were gonna be comparing him to Jesus Christ

Southpaw16
11-21-2006, 12:14 AM
congrats to Manny for a great win, but now this is going oevrboard.

next, were gonna be comparing him to Jesus Christ

Manny is light on his feet, but I don't quite see him walking on water.

Seriously though, I don't think it is an unreasonable statement. I guess the problem is that the alltime fastest fighters throw punches so incredibly fast that it is tough to tell one guy's handspeed from the other. It isn't like 100 m sprints where you can just clock it. If one olympian ran 100 m in 9.80, and then another one got on the track right afterwards alone and ran 9.78, nobody would be able to tell who was faster. Maybe it is the same problem with the handspeed of fighters.

Alibata
11-21-2006, 01:19 AM
MELDRICK TAYLOR. I haven't seen hands that fast in my life.

Cupo303
11-21-2006, 02:39 AM
Shane mosley has the fastest hands

Dynamite76
11-29-2006, 09:19 AM
At this point in time, either Ray Leonard, Hector Camacho, Meldrick Taylor, Howard Davis Jr, or Bernard Taylor.

Dempsey 1919
11-29-2006, 07:55 PM

I haven't seen much of Pac. Maybe I will in the future.

sharky
12-27-2006, 07:58 AM
I haven't seen much of Pac. Maybe I will in the future.
Not once has the name of Roy Jones Jr. come up. I've been participating and/or watching boxing for nearly 30 of my 43 years and I have NEVER seen any boxer throw quadrupple hooks without resetting themselves the way RJJ did. In my day, I thought Howard Davis Jr. was the fastest fighter I ever seen, faster than Leonard, and Camacho inhis hey day. Taylor was super fast as well as the lightweight version of Mosley. But RJJ has got to be the fastest ever!

ianwigley
12-27-2006, 11:09 AM

I'm sorry?

What the **** is that all about?

The Surgeon
12-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Off the top of my head id say Roy Jones jnr, cunt was and still is rapid!